Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Season 20 starts June 27th on CBS.

This is the Spoiler thread, so anything in the episodes or on the live feeds will be fair game!

It's the summer TV season again, which means it's time for Big Brother. So what is Big Brother?

Big Brother (BB) is the original and superior source of 24/7 voyeurism on American televisions. The weekly CBS show features footage taken from live feeds of the Big Brother House. What's the big deal about the house? It's a reality game show which forces 14+ people to live together in a house during the summer, all while competing for power to kick other people out of the house and thus out of the game. All with the goal of being the final House Guest selected as the best player and worthy of the $500,000.

The 80+ cameras in the BB house capture all manner of insanity and "reality" when it comes to the House Guests. Meaning what you see on TV is barely half the story. Massive amounts of plotting and scheming are never aired, allowing the TV editors to craft whatever story they want for the viewing audience. Only the feed watchers or readers get the best take on what's really happening in the house.

Interested in seeing the true story of Big Brother 20?

Various sites provide recaps and running updates submitted by viewers of what's going on:

Big Brother Network
HamsterWatch
Jokers Updates
Online Big Brother

CBS also will provide live streaming HD coverage through CBS All Access.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/live_feed/

If your cable provider offers Pop (the station formerly known as TVGN) you'll be able to watch "Big Brother After Dark" for two hours every night from 12:00-2:00 AM ET/PT seven days a week. This is another source for live feed viewing, sometimes offering different angles or a better viewing experience for that time window.

http://poptv.com/big_brother_after_dark

The official website also provides live feed clips of content not seen on TV.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/big_brother/

This season's twist/hook:

?

FAQ:

Q - I bought CBS All Access and all I see on the Live Feeds is fish/trivia?
A - Though it is billed as 24/7, the live feeds will not run during several specific instances: Any time a competition is ongoing, any time nominations are held, legal requirements and/or for control booth interaction. Legal requirements can include when the houseguests start to sing, the HGs talk about a family member by name who didn't sign a release or some other legally grey area. Generally the booth will cut in to warn the HGs or provide some guidance for some ongoing issue.

Q - Is it even worth it to spend $$$ on the feeds?
A - With Big Brother now added to CBS All Access, in addition to the feeds you'll now also have access to every episode of the U.S. edition of Big Brother, all for $5.99 per month. If you're wanting access to that library, it might help your decision. Otherwise also note that it appears the purchase is a recurring charge, so you'll need to cancel when the season is over.

Q - Can the feeds really make that big a difference in how you see an HG?
A - Ask anyone who watched previous seasons. Often times controversial statements regarding gender/race/sexuality never see the light of day on the broadcast show. Instead they are relegated to the live feeds only, and serve as the only way to really see what type of people the house guests are.

Teek fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jun 18, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Reserved for news and updates.

Player History
  • Angela
    - Eliminated Week 12 (1-0)
  • Angie aka Rockstar
    - Eliminated Week 7 (5-1)
  • Bayleigh
    - Stolen Identity Power App (Can nominate two Houseguests in place of HOH but HOH controls veto renom, lasts until final 8)
    - Eliminated Week 6 (6-1)
  • Brett
    - Eliminated Week 11 (3-0)
  • Chris aka Swaggy C
    - Eliminated Week 2 (8-4)
  • Faysal
    - "Hamazon" Crap App
    - Eliminated Week 9 (4-1)
  • Haleigh
    - "Read-it!" Crap App
    - Eliminated Week 11 (4-0)
  • JC
    - Eliminated Week 13 (1-0)
  • Kaitlyn
    - Eliminated Week 4 (9-1)
  • Kaycee
    - Pause Punishment
  • Rachel
    - "Yell!" Crap App
    - Eliminated Week 5 (5-4)
  • Sam
    - Robot Punishment
    - +1Up Power App (Used on self or other for chance to return if evicted in first three weeks, automatically used in week 4 if not previously used)
    - Eliminated Week 12 (2-0)
  • Scottie
    - Won: Greece Trip
    - Eliminated Week 8 (6-0)
    - Won: Week 9 Juror Battleback
    - Eliminated Week 10 (5-0)
  • Steve
    - Eliminated Week 1 (7-6)
  • Tyler
    - Cloud Power App (Can protect self before one nom or veto renom for 8 weeks)
  • Winston
    - Eliminated Week 3 (6-5)

Week 1 (BB App Store - America votes for trending. Most and least trending get Apps)
Competition: Swaggy wins safety, selects two house entrance groups for safety (Himself, Brett, Winston, Angie, Scottie, Kaycee, Haleigh, Faysal); Sam given Robot punishment, Kaycee given pause punishment.
HOH: Tyler
Nominations: Sam & Steve
BB App Store: Sam (Chooses +1 Up: Has chance to return to game if voted out in first four weeks, if not used, fourth evicted gets automatic chance to return instead); Faysal (Hamazon: Forced to eat delivered vegan ham throughout the week)
Veto: Faysal (Not used)
Final Nominess: Sam VS Steve
Eviction: Steve (7-6)

Week 2 (BB App Store)
HOH: Kaitlyn
BB App Store: Tyler (Cloud: Can make self immune for one nomination or veto ceremony nomination for next 8 weeks); Rachel (Yell!: Angry reviewer will leave feedback to her)
Nominations: Scottie & Winston
Veto: Tyler (Used on Scottie, replaced with Swaggy)
Final Nominess: Swaggy VS Winston
Eviction: Swaggy C (8-4)

Week 3 (BB App Store)
HOH: Scottie
BB App Store: Bayleigh (Stolen Identity: Can nominate two people in secret to frame the HOH, can not do renom); Haleigh (Read-it!: Has to wear costume and read Hamlet to the House when called upon)
Nominations: Brett & Winston
Veto: Scottie (Not used) [Also won Greece Trip]
Final Nominess: Brett VS Winston
Eviction: Winston (6-5)

Week 4
HOH: Sam
Nominations: Haleigh & Kaitlyn
Veto: Faysal (Used on Haleigh, replaced with Angie)
Final Nominess: Angie VS Kaitlyn
Eviction: Kaitlyn (9-1) +1up Bonus Life Power automatically activates. Kaitlyn fails puzzle, is evicted.

Week 5
HOH: Bayleigh
Nominations: Brett & Rachel
Veto: Tyler (Not used)
Final Nominess: Brett VS Rachel
Eviction: Rachel (5-4)

Week 6 (Hacker Competition - Competition winner can replace a nominee, choose a veto player and eliminate a vote)
HOH: Angela
Nominations: Rockstar & Scottie
Hacker: Haleigh (Replaced Scottie with Tyler)
New Nominations: Rockstar & Tyler
Hacker: Adds Kaycee to veto
Veto: Angela (Used on Tyler, replaced with Bayleigh)
Final Nominess: Rockstar VS Bayleigh
Hacker: Cancels Tyler's vote
Eviction: Bayleigh (6-1)

Week 7 (Hacker Competition)
HOH: Haleigh
Nominations: Angela & Kaycee
Hacker: Kaycee
New Nominations: Angela & Rockstar
Hacker: Adds Tyler to veto
Veto: Tyler (Used on Angela, replaced with Kaycee)
Final Nominess: Kaycee VS Rockstar
Hacker: Cancels Faysal's vote
Eviction: Rockstar (5-1)

Week 8
HOH: Faysal
Nominations: Brett & Scottie
Veto: Brett (Used on self, replaced with Kaycee)
Final Nominess: Scottie VS Kaycee
Eviction: Scottie (6-0)

Week 9
Nominations: Faysal & Haleigh
Veto: Kaycee (Not used)
Final Nominess: Faysal VS Haleigh
Eviction: Faysal (4-1)
Jury Battleback: Last four evicted compete (Scottie wins)

Week 10
Nominations: Haleigh & Scottie
Final Nominess: Haleigh VS Scottie
Eviction: Scottie (5-0)

Week 11
HOH: Kaycee
Nominations: Haleigh & Sam
Final Nominess: Haleigh VS Sam
Eviction: Haleigh (4-0)

Week 11 Double Eviction
Nominations: JC & Sam
Veto: Angela (Used on JC, replaced with Brett)
Final Nominess: Sam VS Brett
Eviction: Brett (3-0)

Week 12
Nominations: JC & Sam
Final Nominess: JC VS Sam
Eviction: Sam (2-0)

Week 12
HOH: JC
Nominations: Angela & Tyler
Final Nominess: Angela VS Tyler
Eviction: Angela (1-0)

Week 13
Final HOH Part One: Tyler
Final HOH Part Two: Kayce
Final HOH Part Three: Tyler VS Kaycee (Kaycee wins)
Final Nominess: JC VS Tyler
Eviction: JC (1-0)

Finale Kaycee VS Tyler

Jury Votes
Bayleigh: Kaycee
Rockstar: Kaycee
Faysal: Kaycee
Scottie: Kaycee
Haleigh: Tyler
Brett: Tyler
Sam: Kaycee
Angela: Tyler
JC: Tyler

Winner: Kaycee (5-4)
America's Favorite Houseguest: Tyler

Teek fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Oct 3, 2018

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
This first guy (Tyler) has been on the screen for 10 seconds and I hate it.

Edit: I take it back I don't hate it. I really really really loving hate it.

Edit: "How disappointed would you be if you were first out?" The most amount of disappointed

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Jun 18, 2018

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yeah, I'm hoping for Hayden upside with that character type.

Bios here: http://ew.com/tv/big-brother-20-cast/meet-the-new-houseguests/#faysal-shafaat

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
JCs picture already makes me hate him.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I have been SO ready for this. Goodbye, my life! I'll see you in 6 weeks or so!

Time to dig through my junk folder and see if I have any un-expired free month offers from CBS.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

We have hit the ground running: there is a video floating around of JC loving a minion (stuffed, I presume).

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Crap, that reminds me of the one thing I hate about this time of year. My compulsion to read SurvivorSucks for the weird fan drama.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Yer Burnt posted:

We have hit the ground running: there is a video floating around of JC loving a minion (stuffed, I presume).

Glad I picked the right direction for the thread title again.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

Glad I picked the right direction for the thread title again.

Big Brother U.S.: Season 20 - The most amount of disappointed

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Ika Wong from BBCAN2/5 did interviews with the new contestants and most of them seem bonkers. She is a really good interviewer to prep them for the game of Big Brother.

Here's one of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ny2oCD_T61w
I look forward to this season.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Looking forward to see which ones praise Trump on feeds while the world loving burns down around them.

Vegas entertainer, medical sales rep, undercover cop...Playing the hits!

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

House tour and season twist revealed:

http://ew.com/tv/2018/06/20/big-brother-20-house-twists-julie-chen/

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The twist just sounds like the "fan voted super powers" that they've been doing for a couple of seasons now and seemed like a lock to stick around. They're always hit and miss. I contend that last season really got ruined by Jess winning the Cancel Eviction power while Cody won the Returning Player comp since it froze the entire house into a month of trying to get rid of them. And in 18 they introduced it so late that people were just kind of winning them by default. But that's a crazy set of circumstances so who knows how it will play out? If they really want it to work I think they need to get rid of the "can only win once" thing and replace it with something like "can't win back-to-back."

I look forward to the rock climbing wall already being off limits by the time the feeds turn on. And the rotating living room set will probably be broken.

Its Big Brother Time!

Sadly I thought it was this week, not next. But at least CBS sent me my feeds coupon! Thanks, guys!

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
That cast isn't inspiring much confidence, and given the state of the world, I honestly don't know if I have the willpower to make it through even a mediocre season. Especially given how CBS has shown it will happily cover up flat out appalling behavior of HGs because they are already invested in them as front runners.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I'm not sure what to think of this cast. When they were revealed I didn't like them but I did an 180 watching the Ika interviews. The 90-something day suffering that was BB19 has taught me not to get my hopes up though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I always come into the season with optimism about the cast because I think first impressions from the intros also tend to be off.

But I can't shake the knowledge that we're absolutely guaranteed a Jody return. For some reason I'm kind of scared we'll see Frankie too.

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

It'll be a good distraction from the news for me, so I'm optimistic. Most of the contestants seem to be fans of the game, and I think it may be really good that non-fans were given the last season to watch because it at least gets them thinking whether or not they're going to get played or how they're going to play others.

In the previous seasons when contestants were given BB16 to watch, I think they might have been too comfortable thinking that they could be a secret mastermind because Derek made it look so easy.

I'm sure my interest will wane by the end when some rear end in a top hat runs the house.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

STAC Goat posted:

For some reason I'm kind of scared we'll see Frankie too.

This is the worst case scenario, please don't put this poo poo out into the world.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's why this is my favorite part of the game. So many people in the house running around with their own agendas. All the relationships are new and can bend or break with ease. These first few weeks have delivered the most fun feeds watching for me every season because I'm into watching how the house turns against Aaryn or Derrick establishes his influence through the house or Vanessa and Co slowly assemble a secret power majority or Jody manage to turn everyone against them even when most of the house wants to work with them. That's my poo poo.

Like, as much as I hate Paul and was disappointed with how last season played out in the long run (besides him losing) it was fun as hell to watch Paul, Christmas, and Josh playing the game the first few weeks, really dancing circles around everyone else, and foreshadowing how they'd end up dominating the season.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe if we get Jody back, they will come in as their Amazing Race selves and not their lovely Big Brother selves?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I mean, I didn't watch Amazing Race but I doubt they became different people over the course of a few months. Its just a completely different game with less social dynamics and no live feeds. They got a super friendly edit on Big Brother, after all, and won numerous fan votes including America's Favorite.

But when I say I expect them back I mean they'll show up for some challenge or special episode to celebrate their love and Amazing Race win and awesomeness and I'll throw up in my mouth. But I doubt they're gonna play or be on the feeds or anything. Big Brother wouldn't make that mistake twice. They already dodged one bullet with neither killing anyone.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Spoilers from a reliable source on Reddit state that Tyler won the first HOH.

He's apparently a bigger BB fan than he let on in his initial interviews last week. He talked in later interviews about being a feeds watcher.

He among several others this season were alternates for previous seasons. He apparently was almost on BBOTT.

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
Hello, friends. I look forward to obsessing about Big Brother instead of waiting for bad things to happen on the news. I'm sure I'll eventually hate almost everyone, and some HG will be insufferable and hard to evict, but it's still better than watching the end of America as I've always known it (in a bad way.)

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

violetdragon posted:

Hello, friends. I look forward to obsessing about Big Brother instead of waiting for bad things to happen on the news. I'm sure I'll eventually hate almost everyone, and some HG will be insufferable and hard to evict, but it's still better than watching the end of America as I've always known it (in a bad way.)

Amen. Couldn't have started on a better day. Gotta go pay for my feeds.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
My body is ready.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Welcome back my unhealthy but wholly necessary distraction from the real world.

Gotta remember how to make gifs.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I am so excited for SamBot on the feeds. This better not be one of those things that was a disaster for the first week while feeds were off so now they're barely even doing it when they come on.

Fedelm
Apr 21, 2013

It's called Ursa Major, not Ursula Merger. And that's not even it. That's Orion.

STAC Goat posted:

I have been SO ready for this. Goodbye, my life! I'll see you in 6 weeks or so!

We are ready to receive your sacrifice.

SweetJahasus posted:

My body is ready.

Well drat, now I have to quote this again.

STAC Goat posted:

BB18's New Avatar.

Also, Sam(Bot) is cute as a ... nun in a cucumber patch?

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Fedelm posted:

Also, Sam(Bot) is cute as a ... nun in a cucumber patch?

"Sweating like a nun in a cucumber patch" got the first genuine surprise laugh out of my grandfather I've heard in a long time watching these dumb reality shows together. We decided to root for her so of course she's a robot now, hope it doesn't hurt her too badly.

Welcome back STAC, I look forward to your recaps/thoughts as long as you are up for sharing them.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I decided I liked Sam somewhere around "I was in the second grade spelling bee. I lost on raspberry. I spelled it with a z. That was wrong." She seems like the person I'm going to be constantly quoting in here.

Being a robot could buy her a week of safety and generally good sentiments and sympathy from people. It varies but if you can be completely non threatening and sympathetic in the first week that's rarely a bad thing. Making half the house safe fucks with that a little but who knows? Sam seems charming enough that she should be able to weather it. And I'm sure its at worst like 50% of the time.

Hopefully those spoilers are accurate and the surfer can keep Swaggy and Co from building a Cool Kids majority in HOH. You could kind of see it forming there right away with Swaggy, Big Muslim Dude, Bro Dude, Brayleigh, and maybe Vegas Girl.

Your annual reminded that I'm bad with names so its gonna be a rough first few days of recaps.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

this cast might have bb15 potential

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Horrifying racists and scumbags with a psychopath dominating the house and a weaselly sycophant winning it all because he convinced a bunch of goats to help him eliminate anyone who was playing the game?

I didn't see any real indication of that in the cast so far. But who knows? There's a traumatized part of me that's convinced the pretty blonde Texan is going to reveal herself to be a monster, but so far the worst thing is the dude who puts his bad nickname on his clothes and doesn't quite understand why being cocky might not be the best first impression.

To be honest, I got a real Jozea/Cody vibe from Swaggy. The fact that Brayleigh saw the need to call him out and tell him to chill on Day 1 suggests he was rubbing people the wrong way and she was trying to cut it off at the pass. Then we got him holding court with the entire house and pissing at least a quarter of it off. I think he has real potential to flame out HARD and in a really entertaining fashion on the feeds. As long as it happens quickly.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

In my experience people who lead with their gun boners are ticking time bombs

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Oh, I definitely would not be comfortable around the dude who kissed his guns, talked about how he needs them in a movie theater to feel safe, and then talked about how much he loves his dog because he's bad with women. But I'm trying not to prejudge and he did at least recognize that he sounded like a douche. And he doesn't seem to be all Cody maladjusted.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Now I know that RHAP is all high on Swaggy (though I haven't listened to last night's recap yet - this is based on their draft) but am I alone in thinking that he may be the worst character we've had in a while? He has the delusions of grandeur, he has the cockiness, he references himself in the third person, he has a nickname that he gave himself and he has printed on literally every shirt he owns.

While I can see some entertainment to come from his eventual downfall, I just can't get past the fact that this guy is a bit of a shitdump of a person and his constant self-promotion is already grating.

Sam is absolutely great so far, she's definitely my favorite. I think if you can look past the psychotic serial killer eyes, Tyler may be an early favorite as well. And despite the strange gun fetish I think Winston could do rather well assuming he doesn't get in some kind of BB19 Cody or BB15 Jeremy style relationship that makes him cocky and blind.

Between Swaggy, "Rockstar", and uber-bro Brett, I can't decide who takes the cake for least palatable BB20 player (until the inevitable surprise racist shows up).

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I adore Sam already and I'm going to be pissed at this show with 1998 SFX graphics in tyool 2008 if her game gets hosed over for being a robot. (It is admittedly hilarious though.)

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

SweetJahasus posted:

Between Swaggy, "Rockstar", and uber-bro Brett, I can't decide who takes the cake for least palatable BB20 player (until the inevitable surprise racist shows up).
You forgot the life coach who looks like Nicole Richie.

If the racism happens it's going to be Aaryn 2.0 in Hayleigh. I won't toxx it but that's my guess.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I, too, won't align myself with a cloudy aura

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Faustian Bargain posted:

You forgot the life coach who looks like Nicole Richie.

If the racism happens it's going to be Aaryn 2.0 in Hayleigh. I won't toxx it but that's my guess.

She struck me as being self-aware enough to know she will be compared to Aaryn and will keep a lid on things in front of the cameras. When Mr. Second Amendment and Faysal inevitably get in each others face, she will probably be the one to jump in and play peacemaker.

• Locked thread