Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I wonder how fast the gun balance will turn into a complete clusterfuck like it did in Bloops 3? The only thing I can use in that game and do well is the Haymaker or the Brecci.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Crafting is a great new feature to the Call of Duty formula that keeps weapons fresh and exciting, while also giving players another goal to strive for!

I’m reading these posts in your voice and it’s loving hilarious.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

We still get sliding and unlimited sprint so I can live with that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Destiny 2 is great on PC, Battle.net keeps the hackers out. Treyarch’s PC CODs used friggin VAC and they managed to deal with the hackers, unlike IW (no anticheat for the first 3-4 months) and WW2 (no anticheat in the beta, SH took a few months to ban the hackers).

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Buying cosmetics directly instead of loot boxes is a much better. Fortnite is making mountains of cash this way.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I'll just wait for the Open Beta on PC.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Just bring back BO1 combat training.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

housefly posted:

Jesus loving Christ dude. This gimmick is out of control, even for you.

Don't worry he'll break character on Friday.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So some (or all) shotguns in BLOPS4 have a secret Dragon’s Breath perk which is unlocked by attaching a number of wildcards to the weapon.

Shotguns are back, baby. :getin:

Also all the weapons are now shown/listed here.

There’s no way that list has every weapon in the game.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Make sure you spin in circles and fire your gun too for maximum annoyance.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Wazzit posted:

From everyone's hard analysis has anyone discovered any narrow doorways one could most tactically block?

There looks to be a lot of doorways in this game. There's deployable cover and barbed wire so I imagine you could have a lot of fun with that.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I would love to preload but Comcast won’t send me my code! :argh:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

fit em all up in there posted:

Anyone get anything from Comcast yet ?

Nope! I guess they're dropping the ball again like they did with the WW2 beta. I didn't get a key for that until the second weekend.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Can you play Chaos TDM solo? I can’t imagine it being as sweaty as objective game modes.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I got sick on my day off so that took care of any chance I had to play this beta on PS4.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

Spitfire is stronger than the pre-patch Vesper. Did they forget to balance this thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_0eIDQjFM

Treyarch said they’re aware of the OP SMGs and they’re going to tweak them. Hopefully they nerf them without making them useless.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

Spitfire is stronger than the pre-patch Vesper. Did they forget to balance this thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi_0eIDQjFM

If you throw rapid fire on it the gun goes through bodyarmor instantly. :eyepop:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Is Lightweight a crutch perk again like it was in BO2?

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There’s a new patch for Ghosts on Xbone and PS4. It’s 2.4gb, but nobody knows what it changed.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Javes posted:

Complaining about netcode in 2018 OMEGALUL

LAG COMPENSATION IS RUINING COD, WE NEED DEDICATED SERVERS.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

sba posted:

I'm going to buy this because I'm weak...but man if this doesn't feel like Vondy got a huge boner for Overwatch and tried cramming it into COD. The core gameplay is great, the guns feel awesome, but all the new gimmicks and forced team play poo poo is super dumb.

There's some Destiny 2 teamshooting elements as well. Even if you just stay with randoms you can poo poo on people.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

DF posted their analysis of the beta:
- Lots of cool lighting/water/tessellation post-effects
- Dynamic res of 960x1080 - 1920x1080 (PS4) and 960x2160 - 3840x2160 (Pro)
- PS4 framerate between 40-60, Pro between 50-60

tl;dr - game still needs tweaking for stable frames, even with dynamic res.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A33JcNcw1wc&t=454s

Game is running silky smooth on my 5 year old pc. :smug:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Bunny-hopping needs a serious nerf. You can jump around like a jackass and you're basically invincible with how jerky the animation looks.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i'm only like level 30 in the beta and i haven't played a cod since like mw2 but yeah it is super loving aggravating feeling like i mostly exist to be the target of some c-lister YouTube montage. the hitreg on snipers is way too forgiving, the ohk boxes are nuts, and the fact a sniper can still shoot you perfectly while tagging him with shots is nuts.

This has been a problem with COD since Black Ops 2. Snipers have zero flinch and the developers refuse to implement it for some reason.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Knifegrab posted:

Yeah snipers make this game bad.

Also its still p2p.

Lol good job innovating nothing COD

The game is on dedicated servers, they just happen to be held together with duct-tape. That gives it the P2P feel of experiencing a different connection every match!

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

SubponticatePoster posted:

None, but I don't knock back any in December, either. I will drink dairy-based cocktails any time of year. And the in-game codec was pretty good, got some dropout from the other team but everyone didn't sound like they were inside a phone booth underwater either.

I had to mute a pubby who thought keeping his mic on so everyone could hear his game audio was a good idea. This was on PC, where push-to-talk is the norm.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Imagine playing a call of duty game. Now imagine 88 additional players on that always-working cod networking.

That’s going to be a reality in 3 weeks.

Just play PUBG if you want that experience.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Gonna take over that duct and spam “Tunnel Snakes rule!” in chat.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I remember when we had FMG night in MW3. Sidearms were so easy to level up in that game even pubbies used them once they caught on. Wizard Night was also a good time. You'd be surprised by how many pubbies don't use Assassin.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Very important news guys!

https://charlieintel.com/2018/08/28/mw2-xbox-one-bc/

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Black Ops 2 has been hacked to hell, don't bother with it. They got a mod menu into the community files and its loving everywhere now.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

There are people who only buy COD for Zombies at this point so including elements of that mode in Blackout might be a way of getting them into it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

This looks and runs way better then H1Z1 or PUBG perform on consoles.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

Tell me more about this Utopia

When Destiny 2 came out on PC, Warden (Blizzard’s anticheat) banned over 30,000 hackers on Day 1. It’s not like VAC which will only ban people when the developers feel like it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Constellation I posted:

At least they don't have a laser gun that has more damage the higher the fps I guess. Really looking forward to see how they handle looting on the PC.

Kind of weird to do a beta and cap it though. That's one of the things you'd want to test for before launch surely, especially since all the PC marketing was like UNCAPPED FPS WE PROMISE

Treyarch has a pretty good track record so I have faith in them not messing up the PC version. I don’t think they’ve had any framerate related issues. I’m thinking this is something to do with the networking.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Treyarch couldn’t keep their netcode in sync if their life depended on it.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I suck at this game but it’s kinda fun.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

KingShiro posted:

My not helpful recommendation are the Phillips SHP9500 headphones, semi-open and pretty much 0 bass, so it's perfect for MLG PRO TRY HARDING.

The price is all out of whack now since they're discontinued, and only available at a semi-decent price via Aliexpress.

I bought them when they like $70 on Amazon and they're amazing. I wouldn't say they have 0 bass, though, they have more then enough bass for sound whoring in COD.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

PUBG’s numbers dipped very slightly during the beta, but it’s in no danger of dying. I don’t know if someone said it here already, but I could see the Xbone version dying once this comes out. That version is laughable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

Overbite posted:

I don’t expect any meaningful updates or additions to blackout. Fortnite and pubg are single products that constantly update but call of duty is an annual $60 product. Blackout updates are gonna end in about 10 months when next years call of duty with its own battle royale mode gets close to release.

I don’t see activision breaking off the br mode into its own product when they’ve never done that with the multiplayer or zombies.

BO3 received its last update this past July, there’s no precedent for what you think will happen.