Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

I'm a little bummed that there's no new food anime this season

You've learned everything food anime has to teach. Now you must make your own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I am 6 feet even and nobody hits on me but that would also be inappropriate given that pretty much the only time I'm around other people is at work.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

(its by a touken ranbu doujin artist that blatantly wants Shiki to kabedon them, which I am extremely here for)

That is understandable. Though I thought Shiki wore a robe all the time. That's at least most of what I've ever seen.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jun 28, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Hopefully nobody, and it gets cancelled.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Black Stones posted:

First episode of Hanebado is up, and so far it’s showing potential to be a really great sports show.

Go for it, thirsty glasses girl.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Read the mood, coach guy!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Endorph posted:

I wouldnt really call it melodrama when its fairly down to earth about it. Like its not really an exaggerated amount of streaa and frustration, and its a fairly realistic scenario.

Yeah if anything I'm worried it will drift too far from the tone of the first episode. It would be a bit of whiplash to go from pretty high tension to happy fun times. And aren't all sports shows fundamentally supposed to be about emotions?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Droyer posted:

Straight
Eoge

Straight
Eroge

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Harukana Receive is continuing what GGO started with tall girls who have issues about it.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cells At Work was fun, and I am interested to see how they will keep it going.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Phobophilia posted:

Also cells may be cute, but wait till you see what happens with cytotoxic T cells and that poo poo ain’t gonna be screen friendly.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anime is Artery

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Struggling in Vein

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm

just going to just watch hanebado and harukana receive tomorrow

They are fun sports shows that make me want to sports, but alas I am old and have never been good at sportsing.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

All that means is that you need to change reality.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Huge toad precure

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Don't hamsters eat their young?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I appreciated that the match ending play was not some secret plan, but the result of oh wait I didn't practice setting.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dis pioneering new ways to watch anime.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Does the phrase fanservice inherently pass judgment on the audience?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

AnacondaHL posted:

Because the show features both.

In the volleyball scenes and some general beach idle scenes, it's all natural and there is no "fanservice" as described, as none of it gets in the way of the narritive. Everyone is in a bikini, no one cares because it is just what they are doing.

But the show also features what you'd think more of traditional fanservice, with unnecessary lingering shots on body parts, closeups on cleavage, etc. that would have been just fine framed normally.

This show just happens to define a paper thin border between the two, but it does cross it.

One could argue that a beach volleyball show is inherently fanservicey regardless of anything else about it because they chose to depict beach volleyball instead of not beach volleyball.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

When will there be an anime about sexy HVAC maintenance, for true fan service?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I guess this is the season of sports girls with issues.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

chiasaur11 posted:

It's pretty fun.

Last episode, Tonegawa had an office barbecue, and this week, he faced the most terrifying weapon of all.

POWER POINT!

How many times did it crash?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Arranged marriages seem like a tricky thing to write about, because a positive spin is kind of implicit approval, but going too negative would just be writing misery which isn't great either (unless you like that genre I guess).

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I love Cells At Work.

It is also accompanied by some Monster Hunter as hell music which is perfect.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

As an aside, the scans for the manga are now entering the terrifying badminton demons style, and it's good.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Tagajo tumbling out of the closet after Connie shows some remorse.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Aug 3, 2018

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

SAC/2nd Gig are the definitive versions of the Major, for me at least.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

2nd gig Major with pants was better.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

To be honest Planet With hasn't really done anything all that interesting yet so I can understand it being low.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Beato Believer posted:

This is how people end up looking at a wall watching the paint dry.

Or watching video game streams.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dis with no respect for power holes.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Space Flower posted:

all the cgi i see looks fine and dandy besides the big blue and red lizard thing looks kind of cheesy. part of that is that he's an entirely red and blue giant lizard.

cute!

The eyes are weird, to me.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sindai posted:

Also it's weird to hear Hibiki running around eating monsters raw.

She would, though.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

All this ntr against good boy 1146 is real rude, though I guess that leaves him with Eosinophil which I am ok with.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

You can have that stuff without wrapping it in slavery, I feel.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Perhaps everything was always idols.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

There have been like three total episodes of filler in 50 odd episodes of MHA so far.

What if there have actually been 47?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

In addition to now being idols, Harukana Receive is also now about open relationships or poly.

• Locked thread