Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Sharkopath posted:

You're wrong, shes hella cute.

Natural killer cells also kill host cells

An anthropomorphic cell stabbing blob monsters or freizas is fine, stabbing another anthropomorphic cell makes it the horror genre!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Well that was really good :3: Poor lost Red

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

thetoughestbean posted:

I refuse to read on principle

Expect My Mom posted:

hmmm....i won't then

Here's the Audio book version
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JI3XsMQ9vM

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

I didn't even know this was a thing, but I'd always heard about how The Pillows is perfect for Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer. Thank you for this.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

lol at the ham thief

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Colonel posted:

when i was like 16 LBH was my favorite manga ever

When I was 16 Tenjou Tenge was my favorite manga. It was the first one I ever read. I remember distinctly thinking things like "Wow! A martial arts high school, this is so unique! What IF the student council really was that powerful?!"

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i liked lbh a lot cause samidare was cute and i could relate strongly to the teenagers having intense depression and was happy when they overcame it

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think I maybe missed the window for liking it since I bounced off pretty hard.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It doesn't have the BEST start (though there are definitely some memorable sequences), but it really builds and builds extremely well.

LBH is just an overall very solid story that hits a lot of good notes with its characterization and doesn't overstay its welcome at all (and in fact ended extraordinarily well). There's nothing really complicated to dissect further and it's fine if anyone wasn't able to get into it in the end.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Of course, if you want to feel vindicated about what a bunch of fuddy-duddies "those fellas from ADTRW" are, you can always pretend we called you a big stupid doo-doo head with no taste and be done with it.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Everything Burrito posted:

I think I maybe missed the window for liking it since I bounced off pretty hard.
I feel like we may have had this discussion before, but when did you drop it? I had to be convinced to continue past chapter 16 or so, and of course the very next chapter was when it hooked me right to the very end. It does not start particularly grippingly but there's a point where it takes a definitive shift and really never stops from there.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

If you can read it and not desperately want with your whole heart to see those wicked jump-crazy battles animated by Gurren-Lagann era Gainax, I don't understand how your brain works. That is the only thing I am capable of wanting with 100% of my being.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I think even if it picks up after chapter 16, it's okay for someone to drop it before chapter 16.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
we have had this conversation before and I don't particularly care for how you insist everyone will like things just because you do. I read roughly 10 chapters which was extremely generous and imo if it takes longer than that to get moving then i'm not going to be interested anyway.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Endorph posted:

I think even if it picks up after chapter 16, it's okay for someone to drop it before chapter 16.
I think it's okay to encourage someone to try it again if they dropped it before chapter 16.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

How old is Sami supposed to be because the obsession with her panties is pretty weird.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

GorfZaplen posted:

How old is Sami supposed to be because the obsession with her panties is pretty weird.

she turns 15 midway through the series

so,

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Did Spirit Circle have that problem?

Everything Burrito posted:

we have had this conversation before and I don't particularly care for how you insist everyone will like things just because you do. I read roughly 10 chapters which was extremely generous and imo if it takes longer than that to get moving then i'm not going to be interested anyway.
Okay, wasn't sure if we had discussed it before. If you're going to pass on it, that's your decision. It's fine if you dislike how I recommend things, though that doesn't mean I'll change how I recommend things to folks.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Endorph posted:

also after chapter 16

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤

GorfZaplen posted:

The juvenile stuff in the early chapters is one of the best arguments against reading lbh. It's cringey and gets out of tone with the rest of the series. There's a few gross characters in Sengo Youko as well, but thankfully they're not core cast. I really like lbh, but his later work is definitely more polished and less panty focused.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
satoshi mizukami: more polished and less panty-focused later on

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Colonel posted:

she turns 15 midway through the series

so,

:whitewater:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think, lucifer and the biscuit hammer was and maybe still is a pretty important manga to me on a personal level but nobody has to read it, if they do not want to

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

The Colonel posted:

i think, lucifer and the biscuit hammer was and maybe still is a pretty important manga to me on a personal level but nobody has to read it, if they do not want to

I think they do, and Im extremely close to a breakthrough on adapting the Ludovico Technique to work on manga

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You had better read it, or else.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i'm

just going to just watch hanebado and harukana receive tomorrow

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm curious about the kyoto holmes show

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i hope revue starlight is good

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Captain Invictus posted:

Did Spirit Circle have that problem?

Spirit Circle doesn't have a slow start (or at least not slower than the rest of it), if that's what you're asking. I think by the end of chapter 7 you'll know exactly what the entire series is about, more or less.

If you're asking if the main characters are like middle schoolers, then yes they are.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
No, I meant the panty problem. Biscuit Hammer did but I don't remember Spirit Circle having that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Spirit Circle has like 0 fan service, it’s really good.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

i hope revue starlight is good

:same:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

The Colonel posted:

i'm

just going to just watch hanebado and harukana receive tomorrow

They are fun sports shows that make me want to sports, but alas I am old and have never been good at sportsing.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Asobi Asobase was really good and funny, and the ED is :krad:. This is the kind of snappy absurd comedy with good comedic timing and over-the-top faces that I was hoping to get from Chio-chan.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Mentat Radnor posted:

Asobi Asobase was really good and funny, and the ED is :krad:. This is the kind of snappy absurd comedy with good comedic timing and over-the-top faces that I was hoping to get from Chio-chan.

Agreed. It was a fairly unique comedy of errors and I adored this, from the visuals to the sound design. It even has puppets in the after credits skit! What more could you want?

Cells at work has a lot of charm that makes it a quick watch for some neat metaphorical visual humor, and light science facts. I wouldn't say it's the standout of the season, nor a must-watch, but it's definitely enjoyable, and I'll continue to watch it.

Jeez, I'm already watching more shows this season than Winter and Spring combined, and there are still more potentially good shows coming out! This season, Anime is hot!

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I made a Revue Starlight thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3862663

I recommend clicking the trailer links within

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Chio-chan was fine with some funny moments, but it suffers from being a two-part show when one part a week would be better.

I wasn’t going to watch Hanebado! because badminton, right? But it’s really, really good, and has several protagonists that could lead a show in their own right. Me like.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Mentat Radnor posted:

This is the kind of snappy absurd comedy with good comedic timing and over-the-top faces that I was hoping to get from Chio-chan.

Extremely :same:

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

I've never understood what the deal was here because this pillows album came out in 2002, LBH started in 2005, and I have no idea what a biscuit hammer is despite the fact that it was my name on here until my awareness of the existence of LBH caused me to change my name to the name of a different pillows song.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i wouldn't mind being Hybrid Rainbow

• Locked thread