Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
As always, thank you for the quality OP!

Not much this season sounds interesting. Will keep going with MHA and probably check out the FLCLs, PA Works vampire thing, and Grand Blue. (I don't think that last one will translate well from manga to anime, but I hope I'm wrong.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Spiritus Nox posted:

What if I didn't watch the original

The first step is to watch the original.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

if a dozen people tell you "that bag is full of poo poo and it stinks, don't open it" and the bag itself has THIS IS A BAG OF poo poo printed on it, would you still need to open it and take a big whiff before you figured out it was full of poo poo?

What if it was exotic poo poo?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think things have sometimes shifted from:

Ideally you should forgive your attacker

to

There is something wrong with you if you DON’T

Which is very unfortunate because it is more piling on to the victims :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
moepire

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Endorph posted:

you could read biscuit hammer, or not read biscuit hammer

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I have resigned myself to always having a backlog at this point.

I liked Comic Girls from last season! Wow that show was not well served by its initial blurb, where Kaos was translated as Chaos... I thought it was going to be about some chuuni type character instead of the adorable dipshit we actually got.

A fun Kirara show.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
What should I watch from this season!!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Well it was either anime or baseball, so I’m glad you helped me narrow it down, but what are the Goon Consensus Good Shows?

Edit: thanks SN!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Symbolic Butt posted:

My impression is that it's a pretty rare take, the closest thing I can remember is how in Gatchaman Crowds one character seems to imply that Japan was in the wrong mood in WW2 and it already felt hella subversive

I so need to rewatch those seasons at some point.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Araki posted:

Alright so I guess my opinion of MHA is that the current arc is dumb padding.

Very good. The proper Forms of Posting must be observed. Please see the ADTRW handbook.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I think the current MHA arc really suffered from its extra anime-only episode; the arc in the manga was perfectly fine but in the anime it seems to be taking a whole hell of a long time to wrap up.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Stop everything, Emiru is thinking

well, it's close:

:thunkher:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Oh yeah, grimgar

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

dogsicle posted:

I'd not really put Konosuba and Grimgar in the same breath, but it did have an interesting take on the genre. plagued by production issues both in conception and execution though

e: well if course it wasn't lmao

Yeah my post was kind of a poor joke. It definitely had the "incompetent party" part down, though. The healer actually ended up dead, and then the cause of the protagonist's angst IIRC

I do agree that it had a lot of potential though! I like the idea of what happens to the people in a garbage party.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
But there’s nothing much left on the shelf to adapt, is there? Snowy Mountain... uh...

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Space Flower posted:

There are 11 volumes. Two seasons covered 3 and a half of them (mind you, endless eight was a thing). A movie covered a whole book.

There is a lot on the shelf.

Oh.

Well then please bring on seasons 3 and 4 with an anime original ending, all done by KyoAni, and with Hirano reprising her role.

That’s not too much to ask is it?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
And don’t forget Gatchaman Crowds (where she didn’t have much to do)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Didn't she said something adorably goofy wrt how the character was in charge of the fanservice?

Did she? I did a quick search and didn't see anything. Of course she was a panda-alien-thing so not too many opportunities for that sort of material.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I will probably give the Doga Kobo stuff a shot.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
this thread all like

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

C1RNO posted:

This show had some loving amazing background* artwork, yet never been able to find a book of it or anything in japan. Anyone know where I can get it? the scenery is pretty amazing

I really enjoyed the backgrounds as well. I think this is the best you can do, although I don't own it so can't say for sure.

https://otaku.com/products/44778

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
oh i just noticed that is used, so be careful.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Not that I've heard, but there's not enough source material at the moment anyway :(

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Yak of Wrath posted:

I haven't heard anything about a second season, but there is definitely enough material for a second season now and even a good "season finale" in the end of volume 8.

Yeah, you're right. I double checked and thought that the chapter count from when the anime ended was much higher than it actually was.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

an actual dog posted:

Excited for SPORTS

BTW, off-topic but I saw your viral tweet re-tweeted by someone far removed from here and it kinda threw me off. Worlds colliding!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
i plan on being active in the sonicshipper community until the day i die, which actuarially speaking is probably around 2058, so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Terrible Opinions posted:

The fansubs for High Score Girl are legitimately better than the vast majority of professional subs available for streaming currently.

Which group? I am intrigued.

• Locked thread