Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
So, question, how many work places are okay with their employees to come into work strapped?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

I couldn't think of an effective strap-on joke in relation to the "rear end murderer" thing.

It's completely dependent on your environment. Generally any gun store or rental range will have employees openly carrying handguns to discourage anyone from trying to make off with a gun or load it up while examining it. I've been given permission to bring one to work if there's a serious concern about the office's safety because we've had some extremely crazy customers go utterly ballistic and actually make physical threats, and we're far enough back in a plaza off a highway (with a full glass front that anyone with a weapon could break) that no cop would ever arrive in time if some lunatic showed up with a tire iron or something.

I was just wondering if these EC guys are like office workers, or mechanics, or salesmen or whatever. I think if I worked in an office and Trey is always walking around with his Sig 229 on his hip I'd have a talk with HR.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

I think the infamous EDC Nerd picture was a janitor or IT guy at NASA. A lot of them are just regular office workers; I'd probably argue that most of them are office workers because that's really the only job where you can carry a bunch of poo poo in your pockets without worrying about anything falling out, getting dirty, or injuring you if you fall on it (one of the reasons you may not want to carry a gun at the back of your hip is so you don't bruise your spine if you fall backwards).

The two most useful items if you want absolutely minimal EDC are probably a Leatherman or similar solid multitool and the best pocket first aid kit you can carry. I've had plenty of days where I've needed a tool in the office for stuff like assembling and disassembling furniture or electronics, and if someone gets seriously injured the best knowledge and equipment you can have is probably for controlling bleeding.

Yea I used to carry a swiss army knife on my keys until i had to throw it away because they wouldn't let me on a plane with it (but they let me on during the flight coming). I haven't bothered since then because i don't see the point. Everywhere I've worked have had a screwdriver set or box cutters and that's all I'd need. These guys look like they're the character at the start of a fallout game. What are they expecting to happen when they're recovering upper managements passwords? Based on their EDCs, it looks like they expect to be put in some kind of Die Hard situation where they'd have to stop a team of freelance all star terrorists.

Thing is a guy who carries that poo poo around looks to me like someone who is thinking "i'm carrying this in case something happens (Oh please let it happen!!!!)" and theyd probably be actively trying to find reasons to draw.

Not to mention everywhere I've worked has had rules against carrying weapons to work. This is Canada so open or CC is pretty much non-existent.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bony tony posted:

Wears camo stuff on the reg
Has a goatee or scruff beard

Uses the word "Civilian" regularly.
When a mass shooting happens, they're always talking about how they would have stopped it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I hate that I picture everyone who originally posted those images are 300lb bearded guys who have no visible sources of income.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

That Iron Cross wrist band with winged skulls tho

Are they a Vetern Space Marine?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I went to find content to contribute and googled sad everyday carry, and Sebastian Gorka was suggested.

These guys are all obsessed with guns and cigars aren't they? They all seem to have cigar cutters and matches on them.

I like the slingshot and tactical fidget spinner. This person is clearly 15.

That axe :stare:

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Pirate Radar posted:

Axe and two knives. Why bother with a gun at that point?

The gun is to wound, the axe is to finish them off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Six-Of-Hearts posted:

The majority of the ones ive seen with labels are from mid 20s to 30s males in IT.

Never know when a terrorist is going to break into the server room! Like they'd be there, more likely in thr break room or in the can.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know cops in the US are hosed up, but driving around with loving skulls on the cop cars is just another level.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cop A: Are we the baddies?
Cop B: WHy do you ask that?
Cop A: We have skulls on our crusiers
Cop B: Yea, but we're white
Cop A: Oh yea.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Gonna need that extra mag for when you drive from your subruban home to your office in a business park 20 minutes away. That black guy with a "homeless please help" sign might be packing, and you always have to stop near his spot at Maple and Iowa.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I am sure I've seen at least one anime where someone flicks a new mag into their gun with their toe.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The little crack in the skull means Disney can't sue them.

Anyone who laud Kyle is a fuckass. Even if he was actually a skilled Sniper, the man thought cooking up a story about killing black people during Katrina for fun was what his book needed. I mean, his audiance would eat that poo poo up, but anyone who has half a brain and a third of a heart would see that as incredibly evil.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

chitoryu12 posted:

https://twitter.com/BlutoTweets/sta...D903%23lastpost

It looks like he just strapped all his belts and suspenders from his surplus box onto his torso.

That guy was from the Unite the Right march on the weekend isn't he?

• Locked thread