Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Did the Big Brother "Previous On" guy make a reference to 2006 reality TV show Rock Star: Supernova?? That has to be the strangest wordplay reach in the Previouslys I've ever heard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I like that the entire puzzle was trivial except for the one single tiny piece that she got stuck on. It's like they purposefully designed the puzzle to have one nontrivial piece in the middle just so the viewer had a little bit of suspense in the 10 seconds the producers predicted she would struggle with it, not realizing it would also set Kaitlyn into a panic-induced tailspin.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

They have but I think if they want to do 2 they have a numbers crunch.

Then again I'm assuming there was already one planned. I guess they could have just had zero planned so 1 would make up for the Bonus Life failure.

Week-wise this season should match Season 18 which had two buybacks, one Double Eviction, but effectively only 15 players because of the Night 1 eviction. If you do the math, that means that they need at least one buyback this season for one Double.

If I had to guess, they planned a jury buyback this season which would give them one to two Doubles depending on if the Bonus Life was successfully won or not.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It’s stupid that they let Tyler go back down when he was already on the stump with the incorrect answer. Even if Rockstar didn’t say anything, he would have just seen she had a different answer and probably would have realized the mistake anyway.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

Popero posted:

It's too bad Scottie's crush on Haleigh won't allow him to see just how full of poo poo she was in that goodbye message. He has to know that she is in complete control of Fessy and if she wanted to have saved Scottie, she could have. Total nonsense from her there.

Least consequential battle back ever?

Probably least consequential but I'm thankful that it (hopefully) will give us one more week of one of the more interesting personalities back in the house. We're like 30 episodes in and tonight was like the first time we saw ANY inter-Level 6 politicking and it was the most boring 10 minutes in television history. I'll give anything to delay the inevitability of those idiots being the only ones on the show.

(I know, I know, with Foutte's luck Haleigh will win HoH, evict Sam, and she'll be the one to come back and then immediately get evicted)

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
I sure wish the Hacker twist had never happened or Haleigh was correctly awarded HoH this week or Kaitlyn had solved that puzzle or Haleigh didn't drink wine that night or Rockstar didn't tell Tyler the Otev answer or... :(

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
Scenario: BB19+Celeb are still on the players' minds and everyone thinks you should take the Mastermind player to the end to secure an easy win. Tyler does such a good job convincing everyone that he did nothing all season that the F3 HoH cuts Tyler and brings Angela for the easy win against the Mastermind. Tyler loses because he was perceived as a threat because he did such a good job pretending to be nonthreatening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It's been a weird season because this was easily the best first-half of a season of any U.S. season I've watched, and probably the worst second-half. People were hard on BB19, especially at the end, but at least Whistlenut, Josh, Paul, Alex, and Kevin could give fun confessionals and provided some entertaining character moments.

I look at a season like this and wonder what people are smoking when they say "twists on these shows may not be fair, but I recognize that they make the season more exciting!!" The Hacker stuff made for a tense high-stakes 2 weeks, but it predictably benefited the majority in exactly the way people predicted the night it was announced. Even though it ultimately only changed the outcome of one week, that was a two-person swing in the alliance numbers on both sides. Not only does that represent a 2-person swing for representation in HoH comps, it means there's less sane minds on the minority side to keep the boat afloat (Rockstar never would have let Fessy nominate Scottie).

When was the last time a big twist to the game mechanics on any of these shows has paid off and lead to a better season in the longterm? The hidden immunity idol on Survivor over 10 years ago?

• Locked thread