Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I'm not so sure the new Rays park will ever get built. Voters here hate paying taxes for anything and I'm not sure there are enough city/county officials willing to stick their necks out for it. Even if it's not as big a scam as the Marlins project was, that left a really bad taste in people's mouths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
https://twitter.com/noahpransky/status/1016758619969413125?s=21

https://twitter.com/noahpransky/status/1016760483880325120?s=21

Nobody wants to say this will cost a billion dollars but guess what: it's gonna end up costing a billion dollars.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Last I checked, you can get an OF seat for $18 and it's at least $20 to park at the Trop.

Parking and a cheap seat at this place is gonna be $70 minimum, I don't think there's a market here for that.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Stargell or Roberto Clemente. Don't bother with any current Pirates.

To give you an idea how large Clemente looms in the team's history, they renamed the bridge by the stadium for him and the right field (his position) wall is 21 (his uniform number) feet tall in his honor.

skaboomizzy fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Jul 15, 2018

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Also wouldn't be surprised if they parted with some of their bullpen pitchers.

Michael Feliz and Felipe Vazquez would be the prizes, though Vazquez's contract might be an impediment.

Vazquez's deal seems pretty solid.

Via bb-ref: Signed thru 2021, 4 yrs/$22M (18-21), he's only 27 years old now

That seems like a stone bargain for a closer and really not bad for an 8th-inning guy

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Pancakes posted:

N: I ordered some oven-ready Imo's to be shipped to me in Chicago for use in postseason Toxxes or, generally, with which to threaten Kevlar and Poque.

V: I am a monster.

Saltines, ketchup, and "American cheese-like product" would've been way cheaper, though?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Popete posted:

Honestly this was one of my first thoughts. The dumb poo poo I said in middle/high school, I'm so glad Twitter wasn't really a thing yet.

i absolutely cannot imagine what high school would've been like with FB and Twitter

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

iospace posted:

I seriously want a Brewers one.

Are they more or less expensive than a MAGA hat?

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

iospace posted:

I see you completely and utterly ignored all my statements saying what Hader said was wrong. Would you like to rethink that statement?

It was a joke, not in any way meant to imply you agreed with him and a reference to the fact that even his family had to ditch his jersey in the park tonight.

And I have a Piss Tape hat and I'm just waiting for the right day to unleash it on the public. :getin:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Ein cooler Typ posted:

how do people find old tweets from like 2011

is there a way to search old tweets or do you just have to scroll all the way back

If you know the person in question is or was a racist idiot, you just have to search for their @ and whatever word you suspect/know they used, I think.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Some food scientist dropped a bomb in a newspaper article that all Skittles really do taste the same, they just make them smell different to fool you.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

I refuse to go to Rays games because most of the time parking at the stadium costs more than a seat in the OF.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

7 game win streak for the best team in the NL Central :smuggo:

still 7th in the Wild Card race :smith:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

GalacticAcid posted:

Oh man. Just saw the Blandino injury - really hope the guy’s alright. What an awful thing to happen, esp in a blowout game like that.

Looks like the wet field played a role in the slide? Moroff def didn’t go right into him, but still seems dumb and risky to me. vid’s here.

It almost looks like Moroff tried to pop up to his feet and avoid him altogether since he knew he was beat by a mile at 2B, but he couldn't stop completely and just kinda rolled into him.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Intruder posted:

Might as well get all the bad news out at once?

Wonder what the new team name will be since there isn't any water in OKC so you can't really be a Mariner

The Utah Jazz still exist.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Kinda weird. They've already got three righties that have pitched well-enough out of the pen this year (Crick, Santana, Rodriguez).

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Hearn was a throw-in with Felipe Vazquez (then Rivero) from the Melancon to the Nats deal at the 2016 deadline. I don't know what the other piece of this deal is, but it looks pretty good for PIT so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

Carlosologist posted:

the Mets paid for their sins against baseball and common sense tonight

Nah, I think they owe the universe at least four more 20-run blowouts and probably a position player pitching and blowing out his arm.

• Locked thread