Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
An Italian - Music style restaurant in Rome called Fiddling Nero. It'll be covered by Italian press for sure.

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

The_White_Crane posted:

Quails with one fig and savoy cabbage!

*1.5 quails with one fig.

chitoryu12 posted:

Music restaurant in Paris named But I Am Pagliacci
Seconding this.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

The_White_Crane posted:

Is La Cosa Nostra actually in Rome or Paris?

It's in Rome. Treize à Table is actually our only restaurant in Paris. Our current restaurant locations are as follows:

Paris
Treize à Table (French)

Rome
La Cosa Nostra (Italian)
Le Palourde Chantante (French)

Los Angeles
Gentille Alouette (French)
Wagons Ho! (American)
The Hope and Anchor (Seafood - American)
Funky Elvis (Music - American)

Seafood and music restaurants can serve either American, French or Italian food, so please specify what you'd prefer if you're voting for one of those.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Only Italian food for Pagliacci

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists
DEFINITELY a Music Restaurant. And let's bring it to Paris to keep our brand well-rounded.

As for the menu, we GOTTA have the Crepes Marcie, the Delia Wellington, and the Seafood Quiche, so I guess we gotta serve French cuisine (or American, though that would sadly mean no crepes). They're our signatures!

Other than that, I request we serve as much overpriced and low-quality food as possible. What, they're gonna argue with one of the greatest chefs in the world? :colbert:

MaxieSatan fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Aug 10, 2018

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

CourValant posted:

How are your eyes after all of that? :)

My vision is starting to come back. Actually, covering the walls in bizarre junk really helped because it meant not having to just stare at one giant glitched wall texture.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm on TV!!!!

Pagliacci, but the decor has to be as sad as possible instead of funky fresh

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Music restaurant in Paris selling Italian food because only one restaurant does that. Let's confuse the poo poo out of the French.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
We lack only an Italian restaurant in Los Angeles. Armand should use the opportunity to reveal his criminal and corporate connections to the world and flaunt them in the face of all authority by calling it Murder, Inc..

The importance of having all the restaurant types in LA is that it will make it possible for Armand to form Food Voltron, which will destroy OmniFood once and for all!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Poil posted:

Seafood in Paris named L'odeur de Poisson Mort.

Do this.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I have all the ingredients for that recipe except the vanilla yogurt and mayo but I will be damned if I waste any blueberries on it.

The Greek yogurt without mayo sounds tasty.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

That baked Oysters recipe is almost identical to a recipe I have for Normandy-Style Mussels.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
A pound of cinnamon here, a kilo of potatoes there...

At the end of the restaurant empire 1 campaign, we need to see all the remaining recipies and optional ingredients. I bet there are some 'amazing' recipies we haven't seen yet.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

MaxieSatan posted:

DEFINITELY a Music Restaurant. And let's bring it to Paris to keep our brand well-rounded.

I second this

MaxieSatan posted:

As for the menu, we GOTTA have the Crepes Marcie, the Delia Wellington, and the Seafood Quiche, so I guess we gotta serve French cuisine (or American, though that would sadly mean no crepes). They're our signatures!

Other than that, I request we serve as much overpriced and low-quality food as possible. What, they're gonna argue with one of the greatest chefs in the world? :colbert:

I can't second this. I'm OK with letting EH pick six recipes of his own to put on the menu, but we shall make this a monument to our sins. All our worst recipes must be on the menu, and we will force the public to love us nonetheless with high quality, low profitability ingredients. Love us, for we are the opposite of Omnifood.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Pharohman777 posted:

A pound of cinnamon here, a kilo of potatoes there...

At the end of the restaurant empire 1 campaign, we need to see all the remaining recipies and optional ingredients. I bet there are some 'amazing' recipies we haven't seen yet.

I'm not sure I can actually do that, I'm not aware of any cheat code that unlocks all the recipes and ingredients. That said, there's a restaurant sandbox mode, so I can start up a sandbox game with each of the three cuisines and show off any recipes that they give you that we didn't get in the campaign if people are interested.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Enchanted Hat posted:

I'm not sure I can actually do that, I'm not aware of any cheat code that unlocks all the recipes and ingredients. That said, there's a restaurant sandbox mode, so I can start up a sandbox game with each of the three cuisines and show off any recipes that they give you that we didn't get in the campaign if people are interested.

No wiki or gamefaqs?

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
This has been magical.

Uncle Michel's portrait has been bothering me for a while and I finally figured out who it reminded me of:

Now I hear all his lines in Jim Varney's voice.

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
Taking business advice from Ernest P. Worrell would explain a lot in this game, but all I can hear our Uncle and Armand speaking in is some butchered, forced French accent.

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

The_White_Crane posted:

1.3 kilos of potatoes for breakfast!

Even better:
-All of this is being 'fried' in 1 mL of oil; I guess the roughly one pound of mushrooms will release some liquid, but it's fries, not 'shittily boiled potato slices'
-The only seasoning is four tablespoons of parsley. I guess that's one way of dealing with people who get uppity if they have one more atom of salt in their dish than they'd like, or people who enjoy things like 'flavors.'

EDIT: Also, absolutely Music restaurant in Paris named But I Am Pagliacci. No wall will go un-sad clowned.

Ayndin fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Aug 11, 2018

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Psychotic Weasel posted:

Taking business advice from Ernest P. Worrell would explain a lot in this game, but all I can hear our Uncle and Armand speaking in is some butchered, forced French accent.

It's not like this game is afraid of relying on racist stereotypes. I'd love it if Armand and Michel's dialogue were peppered with "sacré bleu!" and "zut alors!"

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I'm praying that making your own custom restaurant means not having to pick a singular theme set.

Because maximum statues is something that can only be wonderful.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Ayndin posted:

Even better:
-All of this is being 'fried' in 1 mL of oil; I guess the roughly one pound of mushrooms will release some liquid, but it's fries, not 'shittily boiled potato slices'
-The only seasoning is four tablespoons of parsley. I guess that's one way of dealing with people who get uppity if they have one more atom of salt in their dish than they'd like, or people who enjoy things like 'flavors.'

EDIT: Also, absolutely Music restaurant in Paris named But I Am Pagliacci. No wall will go un-sad clowned.

They used all the oil in the Mixed Casserole of Pork

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Make a hideous american Steakhouse in Paris called like Howdy Pardner or some poo poo

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Enchanted Hat posted:

Are we not going to do RE2?

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Section Z posted:

I'm praying that making your own custom restaurant means not having to pick a singular theme set.

Because maximum statues is something that can only be wonderful.

Alas. It'd take an actually skilled modder to add more statues to this game.

Jack2142 posted:

Are we not going to do RE2?

Yeah, I'm planning to do RE2. Is there a way to just unlock all the recipes in that?

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Enchanted Hat posted:

Yeah, I'm planning to do RE2. Is there a way to just unlock all the recipes in that?
I was thinking more along the lines of Horse statues and Elvis(?) statues at the same time. But that is also probably too good for this sinful world.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/561054-trevor-chans-restaurant-empire/faqs/47456

This gamefaqs guide has a whole lot of recipies+optional ingredients for restaurant empire 1 transcribed.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/958530-restaurant-empire-ii/faqs/57242

Same thing for restaurant empire 2.

edit: apparently you can research recipes in the sequel.
Edit2: added spoiler tags

Pharohman777 fucked around with this message at 12:48 on Aug 12, 2018

Krotera
Jun 16, 2013

I AM INTO MATHEMATICAL CALCULATIONS AND MANY METHODS USED IN THE STOCK MARKET
hey, i'm about to buy this game because of you! thanks for the awesome LP.

To resolve a question that came up earlier in the thread for others: while the company that made this game has an American office, the main development studio is in Wanchai, Hong Kong. This might explain some of the game's confusion between American and British food, plus why the meat loaf is clearly a submarine sandwich.

Lacedaemonius
Jan 18, 2015

Rub a dub dub

The_White_Crane posted:

Is La Cosa Nostra actually in Rome or Paris?
Either way, set up a Music Restaurant right next to it named Corleone's Lament.

Corleone's Lament is just too good not to do.

Enchanted Hat posted:

Amazingly Restaurant Empire is not the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "RE2".

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Lacedaemonius posted:

Corleone's Lament is just too good not to do.

Amazingly Restaurant Empire is not the first thing that comes to mind when I hear "RE2".

Naturally we need to combine them.

Resident Evil Restaurant Empire 2.

Serve food to S.T.A.R.S members while in the middle of the raccoon city outbreak. Fight off zombies invading the restaurant with special dishes like the 'cinnamon challenge crepe' or the 'cheap lobster? surprise'.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Pharohman777 posted:

Naturally we need to combine them.

Resident Evil Restaurant Empire 2.

Serve food to S.T.A.R.S members while in the middle of the raccoon city outbreak. Fight off zombies invading the restaurant with special dishes like the 'cinnamon challenge crepe' or the 'cheap lobster? surprise'.

You've already made a tremendous mistake by thinking that S.T.A.R.S. would be on the same side as Armand.

You know that if the price was right that fucker would partner with Umbrella to serve zombie flesh and tainted fungus to people.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Pharohman777 posted:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/561054-trevor-chans-restaurant-empire/faqs/47456

This gamefaqs guide has a whole lot of recipies+optional ingredients for restaurant empire 1 transcribed.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/958530-restaurant-empire-ii/faqs/57242

Same thing for restaurant empire 2.

edit: apparently you can research recipes in the sequel.

Wow. I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of typing out every single recipe. That must have taken ages.

Would you mind removing or spoiler tagging the link to the RE2 walkthrough? Even digging through the recipes will spoil some fun surprises for that game, so I'd rather we save that for later.

Krotera posted:

hey, i'm about to buy this game because of you! thanks for the awesome LP.

To resolve a question that came up earlier in the thread for others: while the company that made this game has an American office, the main development studio is in Wanchai, Hong Kong. This might explain some of the game's confusion between American and British food, plus why the meat loaf is clearly a submarine sandwich.

That's great! I really like this game, it's a rare combination of a game that looks like kind of a trainwreck, but which is actually also fun to play.

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

MaxieSatan posted:

You've already made a tremendous mistake by thinking that S.T.A.R.S. would be on the same side as Armand.

You know that if the price was right that fucker would partner with Umbrella to serve zombie flesh and tainted fungus to people.

Armand would work for Umbrella Corp and complain about how evil and devious STARS are while stuffing a zombie with toxic ooze for the main course dessert.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Oh god the recipes have hillarious(ly inaccurate) descriptions as well :allears:

quote:

Roasted Vegetable Pizza
Fresh handmade pizza dough is blessed with vinegar, herb rub, rapeseed oil and a cornucopia of fresh vegetables in season and double mozzarella, toasted until golden-brown.
Balsamic Vinegar 15 mL
Cheese, Cheddar 60 g
Flour 20 tbsp
Mushroom 100 g
Onion 1 ea
Potato 454 g
Red Pepper 1 ea
Water 60 mL

quote:

Crepes Marcie
Seasonal fruits are diced and marinated in rum, maing this the ideal filling for those handmade golden-brown crepes.
Requires - Blender

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Where is that guy even getting those descriptions? I have no idea how you look up recipe descriptions in this game. There's an entire untapped reservoir of stupid to make fun of that I never knew about! :argh:

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009

Enchanted Hat posted:

That's great! I really like this game, it's a rare combination of a game that looks like kind of a trainwreck, but which is actually also fun to play.

Well, it's good to hear that the gameplay is actually fun. It's a bit hard to tell that part, even if the weird craziness with the plot and the recipes shines really strongly in the screenshots.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Enchanted Hat posted:

Wow. I can't believe someone actually went to the trouble of typing out every single recipe. That must have taken ages.

Would you mind removing or spoiler tagging the link to the RE2 walkthrough? Even digging through the recipes will spoil some fun surprises for that game, so I'd rather we save that for later.
Did as you asked just now.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
A music restaurant in Paris called "It's Still Rocky Mountain Oysters to me"

also I asked my buddy who's an Italian chef about the smoked salmon and uhhhhhhhh

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Pharohman777 posted:

Did as you asked just now.

Thanks, man!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

A music restaurant in Paris called "It's Still Rocky Mountain Oysters to me"

also I asked my buddy who's an Italian chef about the smoked salmon and uhhhhhhhh

I assume he said it looked both authentic and delicious!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Enchanted Hat posted:

Where is that guy even getting those descriptions? I have no idea how you look up recipe descriptions in this game. There's an entire untapped reservoir of stupid to make fun of that I never knew about! :argh:
Tell me about it.

quote:

Crunchy Chicken Cutlets
Tender turkey is combined with Parmesan, thyme, tarragon and coated with
mayonnaise and bread crumbs. Cooked in a frying pand with vegetables.

Requires - Blender

quote:

Lemon and Herb Fish
Barbecued trout seasoned by a delicate mix of herbs, peppercorns, juice and
salt and pepper to taste.

Requires - Microwave

quote:

Baked Creamy Cheesy Pasta
Pan-cooked fusilli al dente is heartily mixed with crumbled feta, flour and
ground nutmeg, then oven-baked to perfection.
[...]
Cheese, Cheddar 31.25 g

quote:

Classic Bolognese
Golden-fried bacon rashers blended with butter, chicken liver and a healthy
sprinkling of nutmeg. Served with pasta of your choice.

Essential Ingredients Quantity
Bacon Rasher 45 g
Beef 45 g
Beef Stock 125 mL
Carrot 0.25 ea
Celery 0.25 bunch
Chicken Liver 37.50 g
Onion 0.25 ea
Pasta 125 g
Tomato Puree 62.50 mL

Optional Ingredients Quantity
Butter 12.50 g
Red Wine 31.25 mL
The nutmeg is there in spirit.

e:

quote:

Almond Cookies
This classic almond cookie recipe - buttery cookies generously sprinkled with
large halved California almonds.

Requires - Blender

quote:

Blueberry Smoothie
Fresh blueberries, juice, yogurt and sugar are blended, and immediately
served. Complete with blueberry and orange peel garnish.

Requires - Stove
:thunk:

Haifisch fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Aug 12, 2018

• Locked thread