Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WindmillSlayer

it is a lemon tree and has a very nice lemon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

nice tree

is it yours?

WindmillSlayer

Macnult posted:

nice tree

is it yours?

no its actually my moms but ive used lemons from it to make hot lemonade since i was five or something so thats pretty radical. its not doing that great lately and i really need to just clean up the leaves and dead leaves and such but im a bad tree carer

Manifisto

ty for posting the tree

WindmillSlayer

Manifisto posted:

ty for posting the tree

np it took me a bit bc i had to roll up but i was committed from the start.

WindmillSlayer

windys hot lemonade recipce

1-2 lemon from your favorite lemon tree
lots of sugar
hot water
paper towel
rubber band
serve in whatever mug is largest and thus can have the most lemon and sugar in it

take the lemons and cut them in half top to bottom and then in half top to bottom.
squeeze lemons over mug with paper towel over it. the rubber band hold on the paper towels. when i was young id like pretend i was steeping tea as i slowly waited for the lemon juice to flow through into the mug.
remove the paper towel and the detritus it contains
put hot water in the mug
add a lot of sugar.
enjoy!

WindmillSlayer

hot tip: if u add the sugar BEFORE the water it will become more of a homogenous mixture. if u do it AFTER u get sugar particulate on the bottom of the mug and i like that

Macnult

WindmillSlayer posted:

windys hot lemonade recipce

1-2 lemon from your favorite lemon tree
lots of sugar
hot water
paper towel
rubber band
serve in whatever mug is largest and thus can have the most lemon and sugar in it

take the lemons and cut them in half top to bottom and then in half top to bottom.
squeeze lemons over mug with paper towel over it. the rubber band hold on the paper towels. when i was young id like pretend i was steeping tea as i slowly waited for the lemon juice to flow through into the mug.
remove the paper towel and the detritus it contains
put hot water in the mug
add a lot of sugar.
enjoy!

thanks for this, I hope your mom’s lemon tree does well

Piso Mojado

nice lime tree

WindmillSlayer

Piso Mojado posted:

nice lime tree

why are you trying to hurt my lemon trees feelings

WindmillSlayer

so what it hasnt ripened yet....dont put it on blast like that

Jedrick

:420: There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high-powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.
Smoke weed every day.
:420:
what a good and wholesome tree

Business Gorillas

:harambe:

thank you for your bravery in posting this tree, op

bog pixie

my mom's lemon tree was attacked by scale bugs and died. be vigilant

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
lemons are one of the cutest fruits

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Robot Made of Meat

Lemon tree very pretty.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Lemon tree very pretty.

and the lemon flower is sweet
let's all have a lemon party
a sophisticated treat

not ready

Manifisto posted:

and the lemon flower is sweet
let's all have a lemon party
a sophisticated treat

Farecoal

There he go
watch out for lemon thieves op

FluffieDuckie

is this where we're posting our lemon trees? mine is very old and spews out lemons faster than anyone can use them.

i've talked to it about pacing itself and reducing production a tad but kids these days never listen

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

mags

I am a congenital optimist.
checklist to guard lemons

a chair
a straw hat
a long stalk of grass to chew
a stool to put up your feet
a glass of lemonade
a nap

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
Luvcow

One day nearer spring
those are some nice lemon trees

Piso Mojado

FluffieDuckie posted:

mine is very old and spews out lemons faster than anyone can use them.

i feel like there's an old saying about what to do in exactly this situation.

FluffieDuckie

“If life gives you lemons, smoke weed”?

not ready

FluffieDuckie posted:

“If life gives you lemons, smoke weed”?

yes. I believe that’s how it goes.

FluffieDuckie

I’ll do my best

WindmillSlayer

i tried to take a picture of a different tree but it wasn't as good so im not going to post it. i smoked a joint and thought it over and i wouldn't post second rate content in this thread.

WindmillSlayer

the morality of posting sincerely is insane and i can't in good conscience ruin a thread this good with a bad picture of a tree.

WindmillSlayer

FluffieDuckie posted:

is this where we're posting our lemon trees? mine is very old and spews out lemons faster than anyone can use them.

i've talked to it about pacing itself and reducing production a tad but kids these days never listen

this btw is MAJESTIC

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
If you've been getting lemons from that tree for years, OP, then it has worked hard and maybe would like a rest. Perhaps plant the seeds from one of its fruits and start growing it a companion?

FluffieDuckie posted:

:swoon:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The X-man cometh
When I was a kid in CA, my neighbor never picked their lemons so they'd grow huge enough where we could use them as footballs (that broke open and covered your with juice eventually). Sadly, they were mostly rind inside.

Farecoal

There he go

FluffieDuckie

The X-man cometh posted:

When I was a kid in CA, my neighbor never picked their lemons so they'd grow huge enough where we could use them as footballs (that broke open and covered your with juice eventually). Sadly, they were mostly rind inside.

yeah the longer they're on the tree the bigger the rind is. but they're still good. right now we have a mix of lemons from last season and and new ones on the tree

i'm sure someone in authority will tell me we should have stripped the tree of fruit before the new ones came out but that sounds like work.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Op im basically a plant doctor and im regret to inform you that that your lemon tree is not looking too healthy :(

im happy to say that, as a plant doctor, that fluffieduckies tree is healthy and is likely going to be an athelete

WindmillSlayer

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Op im basically a plant doctor and im regret to inform you that that your lemon tree is not looking too healthy :(

im happy to say that, as a plant doctor, that fluffieduckies tree is healthy and is likely going to be an athelete

How do I fix it

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
It looks like it needs more sunshine but more importantly, I think he's ready for a bigger home. The top part of the plant (leaves, trunk) can only grow larger if their roots are allowed to as well. One of the many reasons why Fluffie's looks so spectacular is because the roots are free to grow and travel and tap into our planet's resources unimpeded. That and it's growing in earth, rich in organic matter and not potting medium, lol. And also the climate... We can't all live in a citric heaven, however.

Look at the time! I'm rambling on! Try to find a plastic pot with drainage that's one to two sizes larger than what you have. Now is an okay time to transplant I think because your plant doesn't appear to be in flower but isn't dormant either. Transplanting is a stressful thing for the plant at first but after a few weeks you'll notice plant looking happier.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
the lemon tree

by

snel shiverstone

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

for some weird reason, looking at this made me salivate as if I had just tasted something sour

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

WindmillSlayer

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It looks like it needs more sunshine but more importantly, I think he's ready for a bigger home. The top part of the plant (leaves, trunk) can only grow larger if their roots are allowed to as well. One of the many reasons why Fluffie's looks so spectacular is because the roots are free to grow and travel and tap into our planet's resources unimpeded. That and it's growing in earth, rich in organic matter and not potting medium, lol. And also the climate... We can't all live in a citric heaven, however.

Look at the time! I'm rambling on! Try to find a plastic pot with drainage that's one to two sizes larger than what you have. Now is an okay time to transplant I think because your plant doesn't appear to be in flower but isn't dormant either. Transplanting is a stressful thing for the plant at first but after a few weeks you'll notice plant looking happier.

ok ill mix some xanax in the water so it doesnt get as stressed out thanks for the advice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
maybe give it some medical marijuana

• Locked thread