Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Last year I had a spreadsheet with all kinds of formulae and different machinations on it, trying to calculate value per WS, replacement level and all kinds of poo poo. This year I'm just going with my gut.

I look forward to the disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Yeah I'm allowing everybody (1) small gently caress up since people usually do that D1 and not everybody is going to win every bid but IN THE FUTURE:

- You can't dole out more money than you have to players ($300), think about it like you hypothetically won every bid, it would be more than you have. If this happens in the future, I have to strike your highest winning bid.
- You also have to save enough to fill the rest of your roster spots with 14 other players, at least on D1. Do math accordingly after.

I have about 20/30 lists, so good job! I'll send out warning PMs within 2-3 hours of the deadline if I'm waiting on anybody by then.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

oh man this is probably spergy but how about calling them $1 cap holds? So everyone starts with 15 required $1 roster cap holds, and each player you bid on can replace a cap hold.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I prefer to think of them all as some terrible, D-League talent.

Everyone starts with 15 Deandre Liggins

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

AnacondaHL posted:

oh man this is probably spergy but how about calling them $1 cap holds? So everyone starts with 15 required $1 roster cap holds, and each player you bid on can replace a cap hold.

I mean, just mentally do that. There are tons of guys who will be gettable for $1 so just make sure you have buck free per spot.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

I mean, just mentally do that. There are tons of guys who will be gettable for $1 so just make sure you have buck free per spot.

Hell, last year I got Fred Van Vleet for free.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Depending what happens I might just fill out my team with good players that goons irrationally dislike as my market efficiency. Lose the popular vote, sweep the 2K sim.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

can't wait to have been outbid for Giannis by like 150

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Lockback posted:

Depending what happens I might just fill out my team with good players that goons irrationally dislike as my market efficiency. Lose the popular vote, sweep the 2K sim.

ngl I have considered this option

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

Lockback you think every player in the NBA is good though

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

I cannot help but think that the entire league is going to overcorrect from how last time went, and players are going to go for super cheap on day 1

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Paul Zuvella posted:

I cannot help but think that the entire league is going to overcorrect from how last time went, and players are going to go for super cheap on day 1

here's hoping!! :buddy: i woke up this morning and saw that most of the players i wanted became available on day one and became concerned that it was some kind of trap

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Cool Buff Man posted:

Lockback you think every player in the NBA is good though

It's a good league!

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Lockback posted:

It's a good league!

Hell you're right

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Sent PM's to the last 4-5 I need lists from, will be posting bids starting around 8:15 EST.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Paul Zuvella posted:

:twisted:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Confident I will get 2 0 players!

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

I fixed my bid to get under 300. Expecting to lose out on every player by the couple of dollars I shaved.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

I will reign supreme.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

very annoyed i will be out for dinner with family and friends instead of being online refreshing and drinking with all you fuckers.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Very excited to see these picks.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
on the road and checked the verizon coverage map just to make sure :dance:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

cerveza purchased, ready for our inaugural fireworks

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Much like JaVale McGee, I have no idea what's going on but I'm excited.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
1 hour warning, just need a list from Bimble I think

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

the hype is real

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Bimble of all people is holding this up??

THE gently caress ARE YOU DOING THE DRAFT THREAD IS OVER

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Give me Gasol already

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

the real friends are the Gasol's you meet along the way

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Forgot, my bad, I'll send it in 5 minutes

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

this may very well be the most exciting day of the game because even though some of us did this last year we have no idea how the new guys will play, or how everyone will correct after last year

and also there are a bunch of decent guys and a few really good ones.

excited to get Ty Lawson for $28

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Did I win

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
HERE WE GO

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Yesssss bring it on commish!!!

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

time to grizzle this bitch

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

prediction: one of Rudy, Giannis and Klay goes for a shocking low amount

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

DC Murderverse posted:

prediction: one of Rudy, Giannis and Klay goes for a shocking low amount

and they all go to me!!!!

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/DC_MavsGM/status/1015390334405267456

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Free Agents (Able to Sign on Days 18/19)

Hamidou Diallo (Undrafted Day 1)

Alec Peters (Undrafted Day 1)

Chris McCullough (Undrafted Day 1)

• Locked thread