Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

It makes sense because I set a trap card last night and it didn't go off.

Does it? Trap setting is fairly low on the priority totem pole. Last night what I used to take out all set traps was low priority, one above that, so traps set last night wouldn't have been affected by my move, and anything above that priority-wise would have happened before your trap was set. In order for that to happen, KK's investigation would have lowest priority, or equal to trap priority. Is that likely? Somehow I doubt it and I don't know what the exact implications of that are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

CCKeane posted:

So what happens if you die, and then somebody who isn't holding a flag dies, making the entire player population holding flags?

Interesting, i guess i would win cause everybodies holding a flag :confuoot:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

morning Xad, I forgot to say I loved this post of yours:

Xad posted:

Well, pretty sure you're scum's responsibility. They might lose too if you're still around, so I feel like there's no need to waste a lunch on you, especially since that probably won't give us much info.

Also the concept of playing chicken with scum is funny to me.

it's funny to me too.

speaking of that 3P, that's nearly all Keane seems to want to talk about, besides that little bit of night action bingo just now. Hi Keane, who scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

CCKeane posted:

Didn't somebody disable all traps last night? Or was that the night before?

I'm assuming because it destroyed all traps in play and mine was played after his it didn't destroy. Sort of like the stack in Magic The Gathering

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

give head or get dead posted:

Interesting, i guess i would win cause everybodies holding a flag :confuoot:

It's interesting that you don't seem to know details of common occurrences that may happen with your claimed win condition, yes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I'm assuming because it destroyed all traps in play and mine was played after his it didn't destroy. Sort of like the stack in Magic The Gathering

Gotcha.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

I'm amazed that I got to work in a stack reference and it was understood!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SalTheBard posted:

I'm amazed that I got to work in a stack reference and it was understood!

I'm the black lotus, of course I understand magic the gathering.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Been reading Humalong. Here's his biggest reads-type post from day 1

Mr. Humalong posted:

Not sure if AA is reaching here or if it's a genuinely good reason to dunk Anidav. Hesitant to call AA scum at this point, but definitely worth a watch.

It's my day off and I'm still waking up, but I do find Anidav's backpedaling and then even posting that his usual MO is to make insane fakeclaims to keep himself alive extremely suspicious. Pinging scummy for me.

Bif is in full cornered animal mode and lashing out at anyone who so much as mentions her which is amusing. Would be hilarious if she is scum, but she's probably paranoid town superstar.

KK went hard on Anidav and it was a shaky argument with a couple good points mixed in. I think he wouldn't have this many votes if people didn't have the bad taste of his previous game (and avatar) in their mouths, but he's still pinging scummy to me.

Nep-Nep manufactured a case on Bif that is weird, definitely a scum ping or at least confused town.

Binus and Anpu voting for a no lynch is still bizarre. I probably missed the part where they claimed to be joking, I haven't re-read the first few pages recently.

A lot of the rest of day 1 is him arguing with Anidav and making jokes.

Most of his posts day 2 are him going for ICR.

Day 3, there's this small reads-post:

Mr. Humalong posted:

So between Dancer, IS, Sal, KK, Mona, and Nep-Nep (all voted or unvoted near hammer) who do you think is scum? Who did Sal coordinate with?

Mona is stumped and claims VT beforehand. Bif was sus of Yami/IS day 1, not sure if she’s still sus.

Dancer has pinged for me a couple times but I’m phone posting so finding quotes is hard right now. KK shooting Zyxyz is aggressive, but lurkers kind of seal their own fates and I guessssss I could buy KK’s argument in theory.

I have no read on Nep-Nep besides their manufactured case on Bif day 1 that was just lol.

And then there's a conversation that I'm gonna put in its own post because it's a lot of quotes, hang on

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Mr. Humalong posted:

Bif did you draw n1? Because I drew n2 and I got an American flag as well.

Xad posted:

Lol the gently caress

Xad posted:

Mystery solved

Mr. Humalong posted:

Trying to figure out what the american flags are all about, what's wrong with asking? I even breadcrumbed it at the start of today.

Nep-Nep posted:

That is a strangely defensive reaction to Xad being amused.

Mr. Humalong posted:

I read that as Xad about to post some oddly-contrived gotcha.

Nep-Nep posted:

Fair enough, tone is hard in text.

CCKeane posted:

Is it, though?

After that, ghogd gets outed as 3p, Humalong then votes for them.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Ultimately I do think it's kinda weird that Humalong's first thought was "He's going to try and gotcha me". Almost as if he has a bit more reason to be paranoid of that.

I also think they've been coasting by with light commentary and reactionary questions.

Not a fan. ##vote Mr. Humalong

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

Also

Mr. Humalong posted:

“Oh look he flipped scum, I guess they had to bus someone sooner or later right GODFATHER BEET?!?

lol

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

So IS was the one taking Sal to task about

what sort of content were you thinking Beet had, IS?

I really would like to see what stuff Beet posted that you thought had any meat to it, cause that might help look at who he was backing or framing up.

Also interested in this, but I see looking ahead, IS hasn't come back with the planned answer yet:

IllegallySober posted:

I'm happy to take a look at that but it's going to have to wait a bit. I'll try to get you something by morning.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

who ever actually says that?! scum who wanna suck up to me, that's who. And it seems extra weird to say "BIF is right" when all I'd said was a throwaway comment on how maybe KB was right.

I agree, why did you get the credit for that. I'm obviously the person who was right(but actually wrong).

Bifauxnen posted:

... this immediate reply as if it's some kind of actual gotcha makes me wanna look at Humalong next though

Heh, yeah.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Mr. Humalong posted:

Did I put a vote down on 50? I get that I'm target #4732 in Paranoid Bif's Game Plan but actually think about it for more than 5 seconds while you eat lunch. I thought ghogd was the best lunch option yesterday (until Beet's huge scumslip that I missed) even despite IS's weak attempt to deflect onto 50 who we all knew roleblocked everyone night 1 mostly for the comedy factor.

Soooo, the Holy poo poo was sarcasm? Or?

Hmm.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I like this idea, I'd just like to add that it might not even be just prior to the dayvig.

You don't normally see scum voting for their scumbro the turning point, actually helping ensure that the thread picks their scumbro over someone else. But here, a scumbro could still actually have food incentive to sell him out and turn the tide, if they'd already decided that Beet would then be free to shoot Hats on his way out and that was a sweet deal.

I'm not saying anyone shifting momentum onto Beet is scummy for it, just that we can't award the usual amount of townie cred.

Hmmm. This is actually pretty interesting. Hadn't really considered this, but it means a few people are less cleared then I thought they were if there was a shot at getting mad cred and riding it to end game.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I would not mind voting Humalong at all today.

I do think IS might be even scummier though. That "Bif is right" vote on you when I was just making on little snarky comment in passing about how KB might be right just gets weirder and weirder the more I look at it.

Plus all the Yami stuff I said earlier.

I think Sal is scummier, but I haven't gone back to look at his Beet case yet. I think Hum seems scummier to me than IS at this point. But maybe you've made an awesome case that will change my mind.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

Summary of the activity at the end of d2:

I think Sal and nep-nep look the worst here. Feel much better about Dancer and Xad. Sal for his "beet is scum" hammer vote, and nep-nep for what appeared to be a last-ditch effort to get ghgd lynched before switching to beet.

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what I saw when I looked. Bif's point about possibly deciding earlier they were going to sacrifice Beet does make me a little bit less sure that Dancer and Xad are cleared then I was when I did the analysis. But they are nowhere near my scum list at the moment.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

give head or get dead posted:

I dont actually know if i abscond or i stay around cruising to the finish line. It just says that i only win or lose depending on America’s success. I take that to mean i can win even if i get killed after winning

This doesn't seem believable to me.

Surely you would have asked about how your own non standard win con works?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Why would scum kill 50 and not Khris?

I can think of a bunch of reasons. The longer he lasts though, the worse he'll look.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

looking back at KB, I'm also bothered by his lack of any suspicion of IS. He was apparently making an effort here to analyse the Beet votes yesterday, but didn't find IS' lack of contribution and possible B- redirect notable? KB came out of it mentioning Nep and Sal, but nothing about IS.

Bminus did the same kind of analysis I did, in terms of what he quoted. I didn't see IS's involvement at all. It looks like he looked back a bit further, so noticed IS was actually around at the time but still came to similar conclusions as me.

Bifauxnen posted:

After I brought up IS when I checked in:

He really couldn't see anything scummy in IS at all himself? Hmmm, even with KB's new meta, isn't that still supposed to give way at some point, as the game progresses enough that he gets invested and sees more things to press and can't help himself?

This is weird. So you are 100% sure that IS is scum and as a result, think I'm scum as well, who is protecting him? Am I following that thought process right?

Keep in mind nowhere am I claiming that I think he is super towny or anything. I've got him at Null at best. And depending on how he answers(or doesn't) your questions about his Beet post, that could change.

My posting/involvement/analysis has increased every day of the game. But thanks for poo pooing my effort.

Bifauxnen posted:

The contuing lack of comment on IS really makes me feel I've got a hot lead again. It was hard to get any attention paid to Yami too when I was screaming about all that.

Today's top scum list:

IS
Humalong
KB
Keane

Since we've only got one scum down, and a game this size has gotta have 5 as a minimum, I'm feeling confident that most (if not all!) of these 4 are scum.

Next possibility is Nep if he turns out to be a godfather.

Sal is only a next suspect if I turn out to be totally wrong on some of these, cause Sal feels like the next person scum are turning to in slight desperation as a possible lunch target, while other peeps are looking townier all of a sudden on the wake of Beet's lunch. I find it a bit unlikely with the way Sal and Beet were fighting though.

Depending on KK's claim possibly being bogus, maaaybe potentially swap in him if I turn out to be om the wrong track.

I still see Dancer as a town read, but not as strongly as before. So he'd be a potential swap-in on the list if my top picks fail. Need to go re-read him to check.

I guess Monathin could've possibly been scum too, of course :v:

I do agree with some of this though. My list would probably be Sal, Hum, Keane and Nep? Maybe swap KK in if he never dies/Nep flips scum but doesn't flip godfather.

---

Also, adding my own extra tinfoil. I could see you making that kind of post about how people aren't necessarily cleared even if they pushed Beet, knowing it was true, because you and Beet came up with the scheme in the scum doc. So if we haven't found scum where we expect, I'd want to take a hard look at you.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Classic scum KB, making sure I'm on his scum list so I don't get suspicious of him. SMH, SMH.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Xad posted:

Dang, thread got quiet. Anyways, took a look at IS and there were two mentions of D1 anidav stuff that caught my eye

IS mentions that they would have voted for anidav were they around D1, but NOT because they think anidav is scum

Later, IS cases Hats, pointing out that Hats did something similar to what IS said they would have done, but seems to think it's scummy to do so now that IS isn't the one doing it :thunk:

Also bolded part is interesting because it feels like IS knew that and gave themselves an out. This is before we knew that there was a 3P, so what reason other than "is scummy" would you legit have for dunking someone

tl;dr IS said they would have voted for anidav NOT because he's scum, and then cased Hats for doing the same thing

works for me ##vote IS

Ah see, this is a good catch though.

Ok, I'd vote IS.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Ultimately I do think it's kinda weird that Humalong's first thought was "He's going to try and gotcha me". Almost as if he has a bit more reason to be paranoid of that.

I also think they've been coasting by with light commentary and reactionary questions.

Not a fan. ##vote Mr. Humalong

I agree with this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Classic scum KB, making sure I'm on his scum list so I don't get suspicious of him. SMH, SMH.

Hey Keane, since you are here, I'd also be interested in the answer to this question:

Bifauxnen posted:

speaking of that 3P, that's nearly all Keane seems to want to talk about, besides that little bit of night action bingo just now. Hi Keane, who scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

Does it? Trap setting is fairly low on the priority totem pole. Last night what I used to take out all set traps was low priority, one above that, so traps set last night wouldn't have been affected by my move, and anything above that priority-wise would have happened before your trap was set. In order for that to happen, KK's investigation would have lowest priority, or equal to trap priority. Is that likely? Somehow I doubt it and I don't know what the exact implications of that are.

Sorry BTW I just read this post. I guess it's possible that a trap wouldn't go off the same night it was set. I don't know what the priority list is, but regardless I have an active trap right now

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

Hey Keane, since you are here, I'd also be interested in the answer to this question:

I replaced into a high activity game where a lot of the supposition happened before I entered and I'm still trying to find my barings, but since you'll press me I'll throw out:

50 pounds of bread
Anidav
Anomalous Amalgam
Anpu

The first four users in alphabetical order.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

To be absolutely clear: Yes, I am kind of making fun of you and yes, I am unironically a little suspicious that I'm on your list when I'm pretty clearly still trying to find my footing as to what's happening. I was not here for over half the game.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Tell me, KB, which of my posts are the suspicious ones, the ones jumping out at you.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

To be absolutely clear: Yes, I am kind of making fun of you and yes, I am unironically a little suspicious that I'm on your list when I'm pretty clearly still trying to find my footing as to what's happening. I was not here for over half the game.

You've been in game for four real life days, and this is your second game day.

Have you just not had time to read the thread? Or?

My suspicion comes from the vote pattern initially. Seems like you were trying to keep the vote off Beet. But you not commenting on anything but the 3p/mechanics/etc doesn't look great today either.

I mean, it doesn't help that you also replaced someone who lurks as scum, but I'm trying to ignore that part.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

You've been in game for four real life days, and this is your second game day.

Have you just not had time to read the thread? Or?

My suspicion comes from the vote pattern initially. Seems like you were trying to keep the vote off Beet. But you not commenting on anything but the 3p/mechanics/etc doesn't look great today either.

I mean, it doesn't help that you also replaced someone who lurks as scum, but I'm trying to ignore that part.

Yeah, two days over a weekend. It's over 50 pages.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I'm not 100% on IS being scum, but it's high enough that the way KB keeps leaving him out that much seems HELLA suss

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, two days over a weekend. It's over 50 pages.

Eh, fair. Well, you are nowhere near the top of my list.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm not 100% on IS being scum, but it's high enough that the way KB keeps leaving him out that much seems HELLA suss

I mean, people can disagree on things and not be enemies. But it turns out, I just needed someone to make a fresh case to see it.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

I mean, people can disagree on things and not be enemies. But it turns out, I just needed someone to make a fresh case to see it.

yeah well... you're not top of my list but there's only so many people left and you're not looking townier than all of em.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

So, btw, why were you not suspicious that Bif had you on her list?

What's different?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

King Burgundy posted:

So, btw, why were you not suspicious that Bif had you on her list?

What's different?

Bif was pivotal in getting Beet executed.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

CCKeane posted:

Yep. That pretty much convinced me that she’s town haha

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

So what you are saying, is you couldn't sell it to others, so you went for the easier target instead. ;)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Votecount for Day 4

SalTheBard (3): give head or get dead, King Burgundy, Nep-Nep
IllegallySober (2): Bifauxnen, Xad
Mr. Humalong (1): Jeabus Mahogany
give head or get dead (1): SalTheBard

Not Voting (6): b-minus1, CCKeane, Dancer, IllegallySober, Khris Kruel, Mr. Humalong

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 25th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 1 hour.

• Locked thread