Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

look we could have used this lovely numbskull design that needs lots of force. we're very intelligent though and chose a better one :smugmrgw: apply now. no wfh allowed.

lmao its all bullshit

that thing will never lift a piano

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

lmao

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i'm the 40 lb grand piano

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Carthag Tuek posted:

elon is a non-technical guy's idea of a technical guy

Fortunately I am a non-technical woman or child so I am ready

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Somewhere Boston Dyanmic's team is dying of unending laughter.

Half expected the robot to go full Robocop and rip its head off and reveal a screaming skull underneath.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Somewhere Boston Dyanmic's team is dying of unending laughter.

Half expected the robot to go full Robocop and rip its head off and reveal a screaming skull underneath.

it doesnt even work lmao

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

The_Franz posted:

This is some “asimo in the 90s” poo poo

that is exactly what it looks like

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I miss Karpathy the vector space thing was vaguely more interesting than this bozo saying ‘isn’t this magical’

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
this is some loving streetcraft grift.

here's our very own handmade off the shelf kinematics kit walking around

here's some crap on a hat rack with a gizmoduck chassis

here are a whole lot of slides about entirely run of the mill robotics components

invest now!

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

i tapped out when the guy started talking about fsd stuff. Their presentation skills are SO BAD.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I’m the ai that chooses to flatten the human and their dog

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lmao is this supposed to be red? red is good?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

i dont know where to watch it but did the robot do a cool dance?

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Roosevelt posted:

it shuffled like an 90 year old with a walker

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Roosevelt posted:

it took like a dozen halting jerky steps. what a time to be alive!

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

yep gently caress this i'm out

so bad

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

Roosevelt posted:

it actually fell over

http://livestream.tesla.com

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.
you gotta give a timestamp of it falling over, or a gif or something

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

quote:

What is so illuminating about the Musk messages is just how unimpressive, unimaginative, and sycophantic the powerful men in Musk’s contacts appear to be. Whoever said there are no bad ideas in brainstorming never had access to Elon Musk’s phone.

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2022/09/elon-musk-texts-twitter-trial-jack-dorsey/671619/

Will Musky be sulky about this one?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

lol at -58:00 three nerds carefully wobble it out because it can't walk and it does its "dance"

RokosCockatrice posted:

i dont think it lets you timestamp live stuff

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

RokosCockatrice posted:

best i could do at the time. the robot part was basically the first like 10 minutes and none of it was anything impressive, and most of it was clearly rendered

one guy referred to this as "bumble-C" as opposed to "tesla bot" or "optimus" (which were interchangeably used to describe the cased dummy) so i don't think this is even something they designed

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

quote:

What’s immediately clear is that many of the men in Musk’s phone are having fun with his Twitter escapade. It is an opportunity to blithely throw poo poo at the wall and see what sticks. They toss out phrases like “hard reboot” and “Day Zero. Sharpen your blades boys”—to cleave through what they see as an unnecessary and ineffective workforce, perhaps. They imagine massive revenue opportunities and sweeping changes that only they can usher in. For this crew, the early success of their past companies or careers is usually prologue, and their skills will, of course, transfer to any area they choose to conquer (including magically solving free speech). But what they are actually doing is winging it.

“I’m on 20 threads with people,” the former social-media executive told me. “And it’s literally like, drat, they were just throwing poo poo at the wall. The ideas people were writing in, in terms of who would be CEO—it’s some real fantasy-baseball bullshit.” Despite all the self-mythologizing and talk of building, the men in these text messages appear mercurial, disorganized, and incapable of solving the kind of societal problems they think they can.

There is a tendency, especially when it comes to the über-rich and powerful, to assume and to fantasize about what we can’t see. We ascribe shadowy brilliance or malevolence, which may very well be unearned or misguided. What’s striking about the Musk messages, then, is the similarity between these men’s behavior behind closed doors and in public on Twitter. Perhaps the real revelation here is that the shallowness you see is the shallowness you get.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
optimus subprime fits really well

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lmao

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jonny 290 posted:

optimus subprime fits really well

floptimus prime

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

more like floptimus if u ask me

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

goddammit

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

rotor posted:

more like floptimus if u ask me

pwnd

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

loving wrekt

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

how do you show this off as progress? its just like astonishingly disappointing.

like the one dude clapping to get the room hyped after some disney haunted mansion type animatronics? jesus

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rotor posted:

how do you show this off as progress? its just like astonishingly disappointing.

like the one dude clapping to get the room hyped after some disney haunted mansion type animatronics? jesus

do NOT talk poo poo about the pop-up scary face guys

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

rotor posted:

the funniest part is they were like "all this in 6 months of work!"

(it was announced last year)

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

I couldn’t have done it, but then again I wouldn’t be caught in that position

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

please do not post your home address in the forums like this

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

MononcQc posted:

oh i don't know much about robotics in general but i can sure as poo poo give a presentation more engaging than that lol

even then i guess i know enough to see it's nothing innovative

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

MononcQc posted:

you've never built a technics kit before?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

infernal machines posted:

you've never built a technics kit before?

we didn’t have that kind of money when I was a kid and I never did as an adult

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Luigi Thirty posted:

Fortunately I am a non-technical woman or child so I am ready

fist bump

e: hold on, ahgsrj sorry ahhcgust a fistbumgr