Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rotor posted:

how do you show this off as progress? its just like astonishingly disappointing.

like the one dude clapping to get the room hyped after some disney haunted mansion type animatronics? jesus

i mean, there's something that's kinda technically a robot, so that's progress compared to a guy in a morph suit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

You have got to put more than 2 points of armor in your torso else a single PPC is going to knock you out.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

lol. cant wait for this to go into production in a few weeks or whatever

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fart simpson posted:

lol. cant wait for this to go into production in a few weeks or whatever

wtf

elon is running tesla tim apple style. they already made the things, you can order now

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

infernal machines posted:

this is some loving streetcraft grift.

here's our very own handmade off the shelf kinematics kit walking around

here's some crap on a hat rack with a gizmoduck chassis

here are a whole lot of slides about entirely run of the mill robotics components

invest now!

reminder that this was over a decade ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KxjVlaLBmk

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

not gonna lie i was expecting them to have absolutely nothing so achieving 90s asimo shuffling and some disney animatronics is better than i was expecting. still hilariously bad though

also lol at the slides talking about revolutionary technology that's existed for over a decade. it's so transparent that they're just milking their stock and it's going to work because the idiots buying into this crap have no idea

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

it's cool they dug up some hobbyist 3d animation from 30 years ago somewhere and fed it straight into their man-sized robot toy, very retro

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

refleks posted:

cant wait to get my tits blown off by elons big brain AI today

tits status: blown off

what an amazing piece of poo poo.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This guy from 12 years ago is more impressive, and funnier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKUaVzf3Oqw

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Megabound posted:

is this cryptoteledildonics?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

highschool science project looking piece of poo poo (no disrespect to highschool science projects)

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I don't get why the car company is making a bipedal robot. can it drive your car for you? is this finally fsd?

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

big scary monsters posted:

I don't get why the car company is making a bipedal robot. can it drive your car for you? is this finally fsd?

musk needs to keep up the illusion that he is working on so many different world changing stuff, but please do not look at how his companies are really doing and absolutely definitely do not try to objectively assess the quality of those companies' work

this is probably a cope mechanism for bazingas as well - "you see he is doing so many things, of course he does not have time to micromanage and improve €thing which publicly failed some simple quality check", and never think about why the gently caress does elon need to spend his valuable genious braintime on so many different things instead of focusing on getting one thing done well

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

big scary monsters posted:

Robots can't unionize

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

anyway the main purpose of whatever elon or tesla does is not making cars - it's keeping the stock price up up up. if they make any cars too, that's just a nice to have

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

there seems to be a bunch of people around where I live who’ve gotten teslas recently, none of them have done anything funny they just look like boring cars

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Xakura posted:

Robots can't unionize

coitus is a sort of union

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

4lokos basilisk posted:

anyway the main purpose of whatever elon or tesla does is not making cars - it's keeping the stock price up up up. if they make any cars too, that's just a nice to have

yeah i momentarily forgot that all musk's companies are schemes for extracting government subsidies that produce hazardous industrial waste as a byproduct. in tesla's case exploding cars, spacex exploding rockets, neuralink exploding monkey brains etc.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

:master:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

when you find an old HealthKit in your grandparents attic and can’t wait to show mom and dad

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

there it is

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

the current title is so good but

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Megabound posted:

hey sockbot, I've got a dowel that need polishing!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

4lokos basilisk posted:

musk needs to keep up the illusion that he is working on so many different world changing stuff, but please do not look at how his companies are really doing and absolutely definitely do not try to objectively assess the quality of those companies' work

this is probably a cope mechanism for bazingas as well - "you see he is doing so many things, of course he does not have time to micromanage and improve €thing which publicly failed some simple quality check", and never think about why the gently caress does elon need to spend his valuable genious braintime on so many different things instead of focusing on getting one thing done well

tesla has made one product, ever, a car that runs on batteries. they've made four variations on that product and sold them for just over a decade.

every other thing they've claimed to make remains vapourware. nevertheless, they are worth more than almost every other automaker on earth, combined.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

meanwhile... over at the A team

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF4DML7FIWk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn3KWM1kuAw

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

sure, that looks impressive, but were they using fsd autopilot ai to do it?

i mean, neither was tesla, but their fans are certainly convinced they were

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF
lmao

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

elon pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ay2VIvNYxXw

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

TerminalRaptor posted:

You have got to put more than 2 points of armor in your torso else a single PPC is going to knock you out.

im holding out for the 400 lb assault class

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

come one come all to see the new Tesla legal slaves robots!!

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Ichabod Sexbeast posted:

That's why Elon uses IVF

lol

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
duct-taping soundproof plastic shells to my employees so they don't quality for labour rights

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Why is he obsessed with giving things the same limitations as humans?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

tk posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1576045629821702144

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

tk posted:

like the car, it's worse! less joints, less range. elon can't even make a fake diagram that's the same as a biology 101 illustration

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
lol
https://twitter.com/lcamtuf/status/1576399033970540544