Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

poo poo, elon's clock isn't even right twice a day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Agile Vector posted:

at least not till he sweet talks an intern into putting two hands and a face on it

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Agile Vector posted:

a broken clock is right twice a day

a bazinga clock is at 6:04:05 all day every day

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FAUXTON posted:

a broken clock is right twice a day

a bazinga clock is at 6:04:05 all day every day

not true; my company has made an alarm clock w/ a software issue affecting the time zones so it’s never right any times per day and impossible for the user to fix

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

fart simpson posted:

not true; my company has made an alarm clock w/ a software issue affecting the time zones so it’s never right any times per day and impossible for the user to fix

that's a clock made by a software engineer

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

FAUXTON posted:

that's a clock made by a software engineer

correct

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

every time I , a software developer, have to deal with times in programming: time zones are god’s punishment for living on a round earth

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
someone told me they had defined time zones on mars and it was just so offensive to me. why would you do this? its like youre meeting someone new and youre two minutes into the first date and you somehow figure out a nonsexual way to give them herpes.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

works fine for me

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

"a study with 9 male participants" lmao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

holy poo poo that's impressive

go play outside Skyler
Nov 7, 2005

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

now imagine sticking an ar-15 in each hand

go play outside Skyler fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 2, 2022

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Moo Cowabunga posted:

works fine for me

take this to the dedicated weekend in new zealand thread please

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

go play outside Skyler posted:

well that certainly changes the context of "do you love me?"

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

infernal machines posted:

tesla has made one product, ever, a car that runs on batteries. they've made four variations on that product and sold them for just over a decade.

every other thing they've claimed to make remains vapourware. nevertheless, they are worth more than almost every other automaker on earth, combined.
high plains grifter

a fistful of sensors

the grimes, the boer, and the ugly baby

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

it's also over a year old and was certainly demonstrating outdated capabilities at that point that had become extremely refined to guarantee success.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

it really is, there's also another video somewhere of a guy knocking it over with a broomstick or something and it pops itself back up on its feet

tesla instead decided to have theirs gingerly wave to the crowd with a pole up its rear end to stabilize it

nurrwick
Jul 5, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

it really is, there's also another video somewhere of a guy knocking it over with a broomstick or something and it pops itself back up on its feet

tesla instead decided to have theirs gingerly wave to the crowd with a pole up its rear end to stabilize it

this is what i think of any time humanoid robots come up, and it includes the footage of atlas getting knocked over

https://youtu.be/sAmyZP-qbTE

e: really, the number of years between today and atlas moving boxes and walking around outside puts the embarrassment of ‘it’ll walk sometime in the next few weeks, please come work for us and don’t forget to love the car on your way out’ into stark relief

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

nurrwick posted:

this is what i think of any time humanoid robots come up, and it includes the footage of atlas getting knocked over

e: really, the number of years between today and atlas moving boxes and walking around outside puts the embarrassment of ‘it’ll walk sometime in the next few weeks, please come work for us and don’t forget to love the car on your way out’ into stark relief

:lol: yeah thats based on the video i was talking about. love the box

shits seriously impressive though, snow isnt exactly easy to traverse, even for humans. in the unedited version of the video i thought it was hilarious the thing kinda just wandered off outside (yeah yeah i know its not fully autonomous)

its also pretty telling that the robot that successfully picks up and drops boxes does not have digits on its hands

e: wondered ≠ wandered

Beeftweeter fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Oct 2, 2022

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

nurrwick posted:

I love how ready to gently caress poo poo up the big atlas looks in the shot with them all there at the beginning, some proper "come at me, robro" posing

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Boston dynamics should send an Atlas running in and just start beating on elons crap.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Boston dynamics bullying Tesla would be maybe the best thing that could happen to either of them.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

i guess hyundai owns boston dynamics now? they are loving eating teslas lunch, goddamn

i mean, yeah, i think i'd pick the robot that can do parkour over the robot that thought a video backdrop was a tunnel lmao

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

go play outside Skyler posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3RIHnK0_NE

And yes, this is fake. But is’s also more realistic than what Tesla demoed on Friday.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/doctorjack16/status/1576239802110078976

https://twitter.com/quinnypig/status/1576425053406736384

https://twitter.com/garywhitta/status/1575880831884701696

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

if you hated google cloud, you probably won't like tesla cloud either.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

a nice concise summary

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

"my website has been in the Tesla Service Center for six months now, love the cloud tho"

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

telsa should absolutely launch an aws clone a la alibaba cloud, or hell, just white label alibaba cloud and charge 10% more

it would get every upper middle manager in IT horny in the pants to be able to buy from the genius that made their car

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

tesla cloud will be the number one publicly owned cloud

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Tiny Timbs posted:

a nice concise summary

lol the replies

https://twitter.com/SamitSarkar/status/1575958722781663235

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
https://twitter.com/WIRED/status/1565489714681253889?s=20&t=Mwe3nX-NMHjHtpNf3GU0rw

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

telsa should absolutely launch an aws clone a la alibaba cloud, or hell, just white label alibaba cloud and charge 10% more

it would get every upper middle manager in IT horny in the pants to be able to buy from the genius that made their car

they just have to integrate connectivity to starlink, then people will go crazy over it.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lmao

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

lol

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

wait did he also announce a cloud service? guess he knows the ai garbage is going to run out of hype soon so it’s time to generate a new distraction

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

gary whitta's complete 180 on tesla is the funniest thing. when he first got it, he was so effusive about how great it was on the tested podcast to the ppint one of the other cohosts preordered a model 3 on announcement day. fast forward a bit (at which point he's no longer on the pod) and he fuckin hates the thing and isn't at all afraid to say it

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

They cancelled the hunger strike after one day, because at the end of the day Tesla owners put as much effort into quality as the company does.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wait did he also announce a cloud service? guess he knows the ai garbage is going to run out of hype soon so it’s time to generate a new distraction

he announced their "ai training dojo" last year at the same event, let's see how that's going...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Cactrot posted:

They cancelled the hunger strike after one day, because at the end of the day Tesla owners put as much effort into quality as the company does.

Love the carbs tho.