Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ferr
Sep 27, 2002

Serious Business Orc
College Slice

Lichen the car though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

what the gently caress has happened here

mushrooms grow in damp, dark environments on manure and this dude created the perfect environment for them

Lain Iwakura
Aug 5, 2004

The body exists only to verify one's own existence.

Taco Defender

akadajet posted:

mushrooms grow in damp, dark environments on manure and this dude created the perfect environment for them

so what is in the fabric which would permit that? poor hygiene on his part?

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Lain Iwakura posted:

real post: it's just mold from the dude having the interior cleaned (damp) and not letting it dry before sealing it off for a month in probably a warm garage. same thing that happens if you have a pipe leak behind the wall. he's a crypto idiot so makes sense.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

Ferr posted:

Lichen the car though

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Nfcknblvbl posted:

can confirm this. it sucks. the trick to prevent this is in the summer you have to run the heat at full blast for a few minutes to dry out the condenser after you park

do you still have your tesla(s)?

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Ferr posted:

Lichen the car though

lmao

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Ferr posted:

Lichen the car though

lmao

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

my Golf had a bunch of condensation in it this morning and now I'm worried about a fungal bloom in the back seat :gonk:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

RS3 has some software toys that the S3 does not, but iirc you can flash them on

can’t flash on the inline 5 and the noise it makes though, which is the main reason to get the RS3

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Dijkstracula posted:

my Golf had a bunch of condensation in it this morning and now I'm worried about a fungal bloom in the back seat :gonk:

stick a bunch of desiccant packs in there

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

crack the windows for a couple days if it's not raining and you should be fine, but yeah, dessicant packs are a good call too

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

can’t flash on the inline 5 and the noise it makes though, which is the main reason to get the RS3

i am sure you can flash in a cool car sound that plays through the speakers if you try hard enough

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

lol the i4 on the s3 was fine enough. sounds mean as hell and the rs3 is only .3 seconds faster 0-60 and you pay about $20k for it

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Roosevelt posted:

do you still have your tesla(s)?

yeah. by the time ford told me it's time to convert my lightning reservation to order they had increased the price by $9k and the $7,500 credit was taken away so not happening

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Lain Iwakura posted:

i think most fabric will get moldy if it's kept damp long enough

mold fuckin loves moisture

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Ferr posted:

Lichen the car though

:nice:

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Dijkstracula posted:

ah gently caress mine has been laid up for a month and now I'm worried it's gonna be hosed up and give me legionnaires

I ran it for 15 mins to keep the battery charged the other day though so it's probably ok

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

elon banning more non-Nazis lol

https://twitter.com/paulhrosenberg/status/1598349589144227844

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

https://twitter.com/Shannoran/status/1598352443791724551

great that'll show them

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

https://twitter.com/patriottakes/status/1598366105172598785

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

free speech for me, not for thee.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

im guessing the new 4th directive is “do not criticize Elon or his fellow Nazis”

mystes
May 31, 2006

I hope elon keeps doubling down on this poo poo until he turns into Kanye and destroys his entire fortune

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Beeftweeter posted:

lol the i4 on the s3 was fine enough. sounds mean as hell and the rs3 is only .3 seconds faster 0-60 and you pay about $20k for it

It’s perfectly fine from a performance perspective, the i5 just has a ton of character and a really unique sound. For some people that’s worth the extra money by itself.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

you'd think elon would be all about beating the press

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

That Kanye guy seems a bit wierd

Is that his own brand of gimp mask?

ryanrs
Jul 12, 2011

quiggy posted:

this is literally less impressive than my former job working for a small engineering firm in maryland with like 20 employees that was doing similar work, lol

Lmao, yeah. It's hard to compare to our 3D videoconferencing / streaming system, but we do pretty well with specular reflections on eyeglasses. So that's, uh, 5? orders of magnitude quality improvement over these white blobs.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed

Raged posted:

That Kanye guy seems a bit wierd

Is that his own brand of gimp mask?

Yes, and it's a look he's been doing for nearly 10 years now:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Oh I just checked the news and saw the mask was probably the least crazy thing that Kanye has done today......yikes

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

knox_harrington posted:

a fun thing about human eyes is that the optic nerve doesn't have enough bandwidth to transmit all of the information from your retina to your brain. the retinas themselves do a decent amount of processing and predicting before the info is sent to the brain.

the signal takes quite a while to get to the brain as well, as neurons are not that speedy, so what you're perceiving is not what is actually coming down the optic nerves, but what your brain predicts it will receive in a few milliseconds.

so while Elon's statement that 2 cameras and a processor is similar to what humans have sounds stupid on the surface, it's actually much, much stupider than it first looks

(there's a nice book called "the natural history of the eye" which is super interesting on the neurology of vision)

it was probably a mistake to name artificial neural networks that, since it produces the false impression that they work like the brain and has given a whole lot of people who loving love science some very stupid ideas

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
makes sense, ye and jones share a mutual love for 808s

Calumanjaro
Nov 11, 2011

big scary monsters posted:

it was probably a mistake to name artificial neural networks that, since it produces the false impression that they work like the brain and has given a whole lot of people who loving love science some very stupid ideas

Letting programmers call fancy lines of best fit "machine learning" and "artificial intelligence" was a mistake.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

can confirm this. it sucks. the trick to prevent this is in the summer you have to run the heat at full blast for a few minutes to dry out the condenser after you park

lol you own a Tesla

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

lol you own a Tesla

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

knox_harrington posted:

a fun thing about human eyes is that the optic nerve doesn't have enough bandwidth to transmit all of the information from your retina to your brain. the retinas themselves do a decent amount of processing and predicting before the info is sent to the brain.

the signal takes quite a while to get to the brain as well, as neurons are not that speedy, so what you're perceiving is not what is actually coming down the optic nerves, but what your brain predicts it will receive in a few milliseconds.

so while Elon's statement that 2 cameras and a processor is similar to what humans have sounds stupid on the surface, it's actually much, much stupider than it first looks

(there's a nice book called "the natural history of the eye" which is super interesting on the neurology of vision)

it's even stupider because humans have more than two eyes and a brain. we also have hearing, sense of motion, sense of balance, etc. that are all feeding into each other

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Asymmetric POSTer posted:

lol you own a Tesla

lol

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
lmao

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

YOLOsubmarine posted:

poo poo yeah you’re right. I thought the main difference was the size of the turbo :x

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Fuentes already uses Kanye's account, at least according to this now-deleted tweet (day mode because it's from an archive)