Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aunt Beth
Feb 24, 2006

Baby, you're ready!
Grimey Drawer
emerald green carpet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

i assume it was a summer vacation home or something

lol that carpet
Shine On, You Crazy Conflict Diamond.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

KoRMaK posted:

this is kinda funny and rad in a way. defintely belongs in yospos

why, if elon had so much money, does it look like he grew up in the same shithole midwest town i did?
seth ifrica

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
i love ragging on south africa as much as anyone but isn't that picture actually from saskatchewan

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

ol qwerty bastard posted:

i love ragging on south africa as much as anyone but isn't that picture actually from saskatchewan
suskeetchewin, seth ifrica?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

crazy days and nights posted:

It is going to be really interesting to see if the celebrity CEO shows up to claim the two seats set aside for him tonight at the big UFC fight. I would just keep a camera on him the whole night. My guess is he won't want to leave the coke for long, so will show up two minutes before the big fight and then bail right after. I'm waiting for him to get so messed up he forgets he is Tweeting from his mom's account.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

waiting for him to snort a fat rail and assume he can take the winner of that fight because transferrable stemskills

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

KoRMaK posted:

"Shorter zappin my $TSLA"

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

FAUXTON posted:

waiting for him to snort a fat rail and assume he can take the winner of that fight because transferrable stemskills

agreed, stem kills

Nomnom Cookie
Aug 30, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

beat your rear end in o(1) time motherfucker

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Grace Baiting posted:

agreed, stem kills

:hai:

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

beat your rear end in o(1) time motherfucker

the ultimate fighting championship's big fight winner will be relieved to learn that elon musk's best case rear end beating will take at least constant time

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!
https://twitter.com/lushsux/status/1052741818989899776?s=19

notice me senpai

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Could one of you fine goons link me to the Tesla warranty, please? I want to read those act of god/water/low temperatures clauses.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
https://www.google.com

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Discendo Vox posted:

Could one of you fine goons link me to the Tesla warranty, please? I want to read those act of god/water/low temperatures clauses.

http://bfy.tw/KR1k

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Discendo Vox posted:

https://www.goatsedance.com/

watch out, it has goatse in it!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
that’s what ur mom said when she showed me your baby picture album.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

akadajet posted:

https://www.goatsedance.com/

watch out, it has goatse in it!

President Beep posted:

that’s what ur mom said when she showed me your baby picture album.

you were such a little rear end in a top hat back then :dadjoke:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

also tesla is selling cheaper, slower versions now so whats the bets on these being the core i3 of the production line?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
they're definitely software locked batteries

the assumption on twitter is they're stale inventory from the desert lots being firesaled to get them off the books

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Agile Vector posted:

also tesla is selling cheaper, slower versions now so whats the bets on these being the core i3 galaxy note fan edition of the production line?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Agile Vector posted:

also tesla is selling cheaper, slower versions now so whats the bets on these being the core i3 of the production line?

Haven't they been doing that ever since they launched the model s? Software locking speeds and battery capacity

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
as the bougie gently caress that I am, I’m starting to look at maybe getting a new car, and I’d like an electric

the Audi e-tron quattro just became available: base price $75K (sans electric vehicle incentives), 95KWh battery, two-motor 4wd, and designed by an actual luxury carmaker

the only thing I don’t like is that it’s only available in SUV form slightly larger than the Q5, I’d prefer another sedan to replace my A6, or ideally an electric allroad wagon

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

fishmech posted:

Haven't they been doing that ever since they launched the model s? Software locking speeds and battery capacity

yes. the grey thread couldn't wrap their heads around it for the longest time

that also why there's a news article every time a hurricane is projected to make landfall in the us about how tesla is temporarily extending the range of vehicles in the path of the storm for free

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 19, 2018

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?
it looks like the Audi e-tron tops out around $85K

why the gently caress would anyone buy a Tesla now?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

eschaton posted:

as the bougie gently caress that I am, I’m starting to look at maybe getting a new car, and I’d like an electric

the Audi e-tron quattro just became available: base price $75K (sans electric vehicle incentives), 95KWh battery, two-motor 4wd, and designed by an actual luxury carmaker

the only thing I don’t like is that it’s only available in SUV form slightly larger than the Q5, I’d prefer another sedan to replace my A6, or ideally an electric allroad wagon

i know chevy isn't fancy or special but i love my volt and i hear good things about the bolt

just good normal cars that you happen to plug into your garage wall (and once in a while, in the volt, bitch about you not using enough fuel, had to empty the tank on ICE only after a year, lmbo)

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

my manager has a bolt and it’s honestly great, his husband is selling his Model S while he can still get something for it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

at least the model s (maybe?) still has the cachet of being sporty

make fun of tesla all you want (please!) but gently caress me those things move

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Ciaphas posted:

at least the model s (maybe?) still has the cachet of being sporty

make fun of tesla all you want (please!) but gently caress me those things move

in a straight line. for short periods.

they handle like pigs and they overheat if you drive too fast

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

eschaton posted:

it looks like the Audi e-tron tops out around $85K

why the gently caress would anyone buy a Tesla now?

don't kinkshame

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

$100k electric dragster

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

in a straight line. for short periods.

they handle like pigs and they overheat if you drive too fast

fair enough, that's the only context i've experienced it in, a quick drag

but what a drag, phew

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

take it easy j. edgar hoover

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i did not know you could actually overheat them into shutting down completely just from driving it hard, though

i was gonna make fun but i don't actually know, how much worse is that than a similarly powerful/priced ICE car as reliability goes? like is your six digit ferrari or whatever gonna start having a fit after one hard race, five, five hundred, what

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
batteries heat up when you draw power from them

if you go full-out on the acceleration for too long, the car will aggressively cap your acceleration to prevent you from overheating them

i'm sure it's a great car if you want to do a single drag race and then just stand around showing it off for an hour while the batteries cool down

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

i did not know you could actually overheat them into shutting down completely just from driving it hard, though

i was gonna make fun but i don't actually know, how much worse is that than a similarly powerful/priced ICE car as reliability goes? like is your six digit ferrari or whatever gonna start having a fit after one hard race, five, five hundred, what

not one race.

not even one lap.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

ok yeah nevermind even i know that that's just sad

and yeah i knew batteries heated up when used, sure, i guess i just didn't appreciate how much, in the case of the model s

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also

quote:

but ended up with a 3:17.4, matching the heaviest vehicle we’ve ever driven here, the 5317-pound 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

ok yeah nevermind even i know that that's just sad

and yeah i knew batteries heated up when used, sure, i guess i just didn't appreciate how much, in the case of the model s

they actually have really good thermal management, it's one of the things tesla got right. it's just that it's largely incompatible with high-performance driving