Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

hobbesmaster posted:

I think it means he thinks he’s loving Leto II guiding us on the golden path
ol’ musky’s understanding of empathy begins and ends with “i like me, and i can tell some other people like me, and i like that, so more people should like me. empathy is good”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Kenny Logins posted:

ol’ musky’s understanding of empathy begins and ends with “i like me, and i can tell some other people like me, and i like that, so more people should like me. empathy is good”

people don't like elon

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

...! posted:

people don't like elon

the weirdest and most off putting nerds you know like elon

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

kitten emergency posted:

the weirdest and most off putting nerds you know like elon

no I don’t, stop libelling me

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face
how in gods name has cathie wood not run out of money yet

quote:

Cathie Wood Buys Tesla Stock. She May Be the Only One Who Doesn’t Hate the Shares Right Now.

Cathie Wood’s ARK Invest bought up millions of dollars worth of Tesla this week as the stock finished a dismal quarter.

Wood’s Ark Innovation ETF bought 65,514 shares of Tesla, according to a trading notification Thursday. That cost around $14 million. The fund also bought 133,334 shares of the EV maker in an update Monday, which cost around $28 million.

Tesla is currently the second top holding in the ETF out of 38 stocks.

Wood, who is also responsible for the ARK Genomic Revolution ETF, Ark Fintech Innovation ETF, and ARK Space Exploration & Innovation ETF, looks to be taking advantage of a turbulent couple of months for Tesla. The stock was the worst performer in the S&P 500 for the first quarter, dropping 29%. That was Tesla’s worst quarter since December 2022 and worst first quarter on record.

(from barron's, that's basically the whole article so no link)

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Beeftweeter posted:

how in gods name has cathie wood not run out of money yet

(from barron's, that's basically the whole article so no link)

why are people still giving her money? isn't she really bad at all of this?

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

DarkSol posted:

why are people still giving her money? isn't she really bad at all of this?

that just means she's due for a big win

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

tsla is definitely going to be worth $400 again. it could happen any day now.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
the stock is getting warmed up

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the stock is being cooked sous vide

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

DarkSol posted:

isn't she really bad at all of this?

she is, but back when crypto (and tesla, etc.) were the shiny investment thing de jure there were a ton of puff pieces in bloomberg and WSJ et. al. saying what a visionary she is and how bitcoin is going to the moon any day now blah blah so she's an investment genius

obviously market realities do not reflect her alleged genius. but i guess her reputation remains? as to why anyone still gives her anything, who the gently caress knows. tbh i don't know how she hasn't lost it all already

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

thathonkey posted:

the stock is being cooked sous vide

full sous vidage

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Mar 29, 2024

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Beeftweeter posted:

she is, but back when crypto (and tesla, etc.) were the shiny investment thing de jure there were a ton of puff pieces in bloomberg and WSJ et. al. saying what a visionary she is and how bitcoin is going to the moon any day now blah blah so she's an investment genius

obviously market realities do not reflect her alleged genius. but i guess her reputation remains? as to why anyone still gives her anything, who the gently caress knows. tbh i don't know how she hasn't lost it all already

it's only a loss when you sell

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
you'd think he'd get along better with SBF with opinions like that

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Beeftweeter posted:

once someone manages to convince people they're a genius once, it doesn't matter what unbelievably foolish things they do from then on

a substantial portion of that audience will continue to insist forever that they're a genius, in spite of all evidence to the contrary

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

sex can be more efficient if you shove a cattle prod up your rear end in a top hat

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

infernal machines posted:

you'd think he'd get along better with SBF with opinions like that

guys like that hate when they end up facing their twin because they style themselves unique geniuses

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

I ran an llm to summarise the biography of elon musk and it came back with this:

quote:

world's most corncobbed nazi

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

i bet that LLMs could make books into picture books so his k-addled brain could understand them even better.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

seems like we should just stop lionizing alleged geniuses. they're basically all grifters

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Beeftweeter posted:

seems like we should just stop lionizing alleged geniuses. they're basically all grifters

:hmmyes:

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Beeftweeter posted:

?? i think we should absolutely lionize elon

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

ok apparently lionize doesnt mean what i thought it did

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

ok apparently lionize doesnt mean what i thought it did

lmao

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

wow there's a lot of extremely horny art depicting nude christian women about to get eaten by lions

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
speaking of lionizing, this was outside a local church a few years ago

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1773661808722948559?s=20

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

just a few more years guys i swear

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

rotor posted:

just a few more years guys i swear

he is the smartest, wisest manufacturing mind of all time

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/1773600978782068877?s=20

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

jesus christ this fuckin guy

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Luigi Thirty posted:

he is the smartest, wisest manufacturing mind of all time

So, you're cool with me telling people you said yes?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Hey Elon. I took a fully autonomous self-driving car home from the bar the other day. I was drunk and it drove me home safely and smoothly. The fully autonomous car already exists and it isn't made by your company. Please stop

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Sorry rotor. I know you don't like them in the neighborhood

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Hey Elon. I took a fully autonomous self-driving car home from the bar the other day. I was drunk and it drove me home safely and smoothly. The fully autonomous car already exists and it isn't made by your company. Please stop

please do not encourage those fuckers

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
do they not have cabs in san francisco anymore?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's all in the cloud now

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

gabensraum posted:

speaking of lionizing, this was outside a local church a few years ago

was that local church a branch of NXIVM?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

the waymo cars killed someone and then kept driving so no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Sagebrush posted:

Sorry rotor. I know you don't like them in the neighborhood

i dont like them anywhere but in my neighborhood least of all