Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hirez posted:

I like how Musk is still janitoring email accounts for some reason; and him being in China is holding it up or something for whatever reason.

its because the guy he told to do it isn't awake yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
"lets just give the renters/landlords/homeowners money and have them fix it themselves, bing bong so simple"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

qirex posted:

the sierra club has been taken over by nimby olds and dc consultants, they're worse than useless now

it's this

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also crosspostin

lancemantis posted:

huh I wonder now if those transport carriers full of tesla's I see going over the altamont pass on 580 occasionally are going to that graveyard/lot

i thought it was kind of weird but just dismissed it as them going to a dealership/distribution hub

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
a car shaped object that leaves the factory is a produced car; silicon valley ethics of fake it until you make it :thumbsup:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah they can't actually deliver them, they might have to give a refund then

they can just blackhole them in delivery and figuratively blame UPS

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
there are a few model 3s/Ss/Xs in my neighborhood but I have no idea if the 3s are expensive or employee owned ones

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Electrek’s Take

We have often posted articles about Tesla shorts grasping at straws, but I think this one may top it off. They have outdone themselves.

Why on earth would Tesla produce cars that customers haven’t ordered when thousands of people who have ordered are waiting for their cars, including myself?

There’s literally zero news here. We already knew that the number of Tesla vehicles in transit would increase significantly with the production rate. That will be reflected by much higher inventory at the end of the quarter.

Just some hard hitting honest unbiased journalism here folks

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
you don't even need any investigation to pick up on him not being a really objective source

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
not to mention the abysmal persuasive writing

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

fermun posted:

ol' musky is still going

Didn’t the French only stop using the thing in the early 1980s?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

I never thought about how many of these true believers would ape business vocabulary because of course they’re also engaged in gambling with tesla stock and telling themselves they’re big boy investors

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

quote:

Imagine sitting in the back next to your baby in their car seat and it happens, you must quickly exit, do you do as they suggest climb out through the trunk after finding the release, break the side glass with the tire iron you always have with you, then, what about your baby, even worse what if you were hit in the back blocking any possible exit that way?.

quote:

Don't use the back seat then.

child safety, how does it work? :psyduck:

i mean saying its the law probably won't work with this person because ~innovation~ requires breaking your foolish illiberal "safety laws"

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Blue Train posted:

Their suggestion is to carry a separate external 12v power pack to open the back doors in case of accident lol, and dude posted it as a gotcha to the guy saying they won't open without power

don't you have faith in electricity?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
they have to invent some term analogous for irony poisoning where you're so deep in tech that you treat physical engineering and safety issues the same way you would treat system availability

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

the dadbod is strong with this one

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
also elons dating preferences fit his personality well -- he's been going after artists so he can mix in being an expert in art by proxy in his subtly obvious need to be the smartest person in the room

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
ready player one, film and novel, are art in the way something like birth of a nation is -- in this case because it captures the nostalgia-lust of our era, not because of anything about the actual film itself

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i think you meant to say shelby svt cobra owners

or pretty much every svt output; if anything the raptor is the least awful one

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i like how his alpha statement was attributed purely to being a white south african and not to the fact that he's an incredibly insecure narcissist

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
by toxic places you mean almost all top level tech and academic institutions?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
haha of course since the one thing they make is their own seats, they have the worst specs in the world

literally not a problem for any other car built in the last 50 years afaik

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
well powerlifters and bodybuilders are all pretty much heart attacks waiting to happen, body compositions stats or no

turns out just being heavy is still bad for you

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
thats why you want to be an endurance athlete and weigh the same as your pregnant wife

and get lightheaded when you stand up too fast because your resting heart rate is too low

and die from other heart issues because physicians can't tell if your heart has changed due to training or if you have a heart defect

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i feel like elon is probably really jealous of that sex cult dude

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

1. musk tries to get a 3-way with a trashy platinum blonde from a former european colony known for widespread racism
2. drat grimes, u mean "azalea rapper chick" wasn't specific enough??
3. ghost the black lady

was going to joke about this plausible situation as well

“No gimesey, broo, I meant the other one, this ones blick”

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i do enjoy that his brother is even more of a failson than elon is

like im pretty sure all he does is crunchy granola im a philanthropist fake-jobs

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yep restaurants and 501c3's all the way down

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
i felt pretty cozy in the F430 Scuderia I drove once :shrug:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
wait wait wait

there are referral links for Tesla? referral links for buying a loving car?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
whyyyyyyyy

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
TBH I feel like that whole birthday thing is a PR stunt put together by some handlers that musk normally ignores to help humanize him given the current spotlight on what a horrible person he is

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

akadajet posted:

loving love star trek and it's hard science fiction

I like how they were so casual about it; like drop one line about slingshotting at the beginning of the episode to explain why they’re in the past like it’s everyday procedure and that’s all the mention it gets

It’s almost as fun as the crossover episode for another failed series with a much more traditional script

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Haven’t people been making hacked supercharger patch cables?

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

fart simpson posted:

a lot of ppl who complain about this forgot to file their patent in china also

well yeah they won’t get it anyway

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

"my bumper might fall off if it rains hard but now i can play atari games on my car!"

https://twitter.com/marc_benton/status/1046746987314335747

All I can think reading through those updates is this is the most nerd and nerd-adjacent car ever

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

im in sf this week and there are elon musk's overpriced economy cars everywhere. ive already seen like 3-4 incidents of model 3 panel gap that were loud enough to notice just walkin down the sidewalk

I have at least 2 neighbors with them

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
I wonder how much of the suspension failures could also be attributed to the fact that Teslas are incredibly heavy cars and likely the components were designed for a car 1000 lbs lighter

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
except it sounds like he’s immediately violating his settlement with company board backing?

I think it might be the schadenfreude of the decade if/when he loses all of his companies at this point

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
it’s the old LF game — DPRK isn’t a good country and has some legit grievances against it, but there’s also a lot of the pot calling the kettle black and various state media’s spewing out their propaganda against each other