Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

just like papa john he hasn't learned anything from the trump era

even if you do apologize, you have to add a "lol jk" afterwards like trump did with the "i agree with the intelligence assessment that russia hacked the election. also it could've been anyone else"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

President Beep posted:

my guess is they don't work

hasn't stopped them before though

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

so when does a rocket mysteriously crash into this parking lot?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

arse says Tesla batteries are using cobalt from Cuba, which is illegal. arse goes on to predictably defend tesla by saying that well they plan on stopping anyway so it's fine

the cells go through china so probably, they don't care and will just say china was the origin of the parts

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

the guy who writes electrek has some real shady relationships with tesla and should be considered a tesla pr mouthpiece.

i don't have the source right now but it's a few pages back in the EV thread in AI

with how “not mad” they are I’m surprised it isn’t written by Elon himself

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

of course that’s real

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sniep posted:

bazinga

woah you don’t know if he’s a bazinga, that’s a pretty serious allegation!

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

dragon enthusiast posted:

and now they're trying to bring them back in other states cause nobody will sell them the drugs used in lethal injections

firing squad is probably more humane than the way they were administering the three drug cocktail

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

wyoak posted:

real question cuz i've never thought of it before, if you child-lock the backseat in normal sedan can that be overridden somehow?

i'm not sure if its required by law, but on most cars when the airbags fire all the doors are unlocked

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

yeah, it’s 100% the bots that’s why they give a captcha+sms challenge instead of banning you

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Spatial posted:

that's the reason they gave but the real reason is that elon called up jack and told him he was extremely butthurt

any Elon tween had a million of those bots replying so

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mrmcd posted:

Not if you're buying options though, since the maximum loss is whatever you paid.

what kind of options can you buy for tesla that approximate shorting?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/NetflixAndLamp/status/1024759048871272464

https://twitter.com/Paul_M_Huettner/status/1024755591816904705

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

ehhh I’d wait for the market to open tomorrow but it does look like :rip:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Zamujasa posted:

Video game crash of 2018

This article is about the Tesla crash caused by Atari video games. For the industry crash caused by Atari video games, see Video game crash of 1983.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the heck does FWD mean in this context

the door of a billionaire's car

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

The rear end of the i3 looks like it's pooping out a different car.

You're welcome

bmw: any color you like but you'll look like an idiot unless its black

(also you'll still look like an idiot)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://seekingalpha.com/news/3379457-tesla-trading-halted-live-updates

in case you want live updates

so far..

quote:

Shares of Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) have been halted by the Nasdaq with news pending.

The halt time was recorded as 2:08 p.m. ET.

Elon Musk has issued a series of tweets on taking the company private.

Tesla has not confirmed the information in the tweets yet.

TSLA +7.39% at the time of the halt.

2:26 p.m. - Ross Gerber of Gerber Kawasaki says the company has confirmed to him the information in the Musk tweets are accurate.

2:30 p.m. - Oppenheimer warns that a Tesla buyout from a foreign entity could draw attention from The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States.

2:33 p.m. - Circling back to Musk's Twitter replies: "My hope is *all* current investors remain with Tesla even if we’re private. Would create special purpose fund enabling anyone to stay with Tesla. Already do this with Fidelity’s SpaceX investment."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

also apparently the social media announcement thing has come up previously with netflix and a facebook post. the SEC "investigated" and said "well if you're going to announce critical stuff on social media you have to alert people before hand through normal channels"

its doubtful anything will happen - the requirement is that these things are communicated to the public without restrictions, good luck convincing a jury that a tweet doesn't count for that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

presumably thats why there'd be such a huge premium

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

flakeloaf posted:

why does a petrostate want to sell electric cars

or do they just plan to buy the ip and bury it

the dynastic petrostates know that their future revolves around not oil, so they come up with all these crazy ideas to make the middle east a "tourist area' or trade area or something, anything else by building dumb poo poo

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Suspicious Dish posted:

Where did they get the money to go private they have too much debt

saudis

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Rex-Goliath posted:

what the gently caress private investor is dumb enough to buy out tesla at this massively inflated price?

the one that thought this was a good idea

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lancemantis posted:

i like how his alpha statement was attributed purely to being a white south african and not to the fact that he's an incredibly insecure narcissist

same thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NTcndxuwOA

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

he's 6'2" and you're correct, but 220 is still going to be overweight for most anyone who isn't a biological male more than two standard deviations above average height.

source: i'm fat

when you're selling 100k+ supposedly supercars it seems like you'd want someone very tall and muscular to fit into your car

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

one of the 152s i fly has a metal bar like that in the seat that you can feel.

so tesla has at least reached the level of seat comfort provided by a 40 year old small airplane where everything is built to minimize weight above all else

luxury vehicles

nah, that's when you're selling 100k+ luxobarges like bentleys or whatever. supercars are the one place where you can get away with making something that costs as much as a house and feels like riding in a coffin made out of a bathtub because you can say it's for performance reasons.

this is apparently the only picture on the internet of someone getting into a countach. i wonder why

hm, yeah i misphrased that. the model S is more of a panamera than a 911

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

poty posted:

race car drivers are twinks

racecar drivers don't buy the cars they drive.

how many newly minted millionaires do the NFL and NBA drafts create each year?

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/sadhoeflo/status/1028869317213880320?s=21

it does seem to explain a few things

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FMguru posted:

the writers for silicon valley have either the hardest or the easiest jobs in showbiz

they have to tone down the real stories to make it believable

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

graph posted:

Elon Musk Responds to Azealia Banks' Claims of Ghosting, Tweeting, and LSD: I Don't Know Her

:lol:

so that would be a yes to the ghosting thing

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

with the US involved? Bosnia iirc. if not the first gulf war

there’s been some dogfights between African nations this century

either way the main threat is from SAMs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

there was also this shoot down last year, which was between fighters technically
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6k-E3Kjg1o

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

President Beep posted:

some hot mig on mig action?

Eritrean- Ethiopian war.

from Wikipedia:

quote:

The Su-27s were used to shoot down four Eritrean Air Force MIG-29s; the first on Feb. 25, 1999 and the second on Feb. 26, 1999. In return Eritrean MiG-29s shot down a total of two MiG-21 and one MiG-23 fighters during the war.

Israel shot down some Syrian fighters on 9/14/2001

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

musk won't be going to jail, but there are real monetary incentives for those empowered to conduct oversight of his antics to remove him from leadership if need be (unlike certain other rash tweeting executives)

the likely penalty from an SEC settlement would be a ban on being an officer of or on the board of a company

think about how musk would take that

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

for real tho musk has enough cash to comfortably live the rest of his life as an eccentric known for endlessly chasing publicity stunts and cosplayer tail at all the major nerd cons

maybe except the rumor is that he for whatever stupid reason used all his stock to get more loans so that cash may be given to creditors instead

:yeshaha:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kierrie posted:

lmao at the guy who thinks elon musk has a mortgage.

you don’t get rich spending your own money when the bank’s money will do just fine

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

The SEC with fewer refs getting bribed

:secsmug:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

prisoner of waffles posted:

stories like these should absolutely be required reading for starry-eyed engineering students

hmm, you think the engineers trying hard to do good work get to be the heroes of the story? heh, not under capitalism

engineering ethics consists of watching a documentary on the citigroup center because thats literally the only time its actually turned out well for everyone involved

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

lancemantis posted:

wait wait wait

there are referral links for Tesla? referral links for buying a loving car?

car dealers do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

mrmcd posted:

"$21,589 of my life savings up in flames, and that's just so far. I'm in this for the long haul."

Set all your money in fire so senpai will notice you.

sort by newest:

quote:

Empath1999

how many k have you burned so far and are you still holding onto them?

quote:

wakka54

$40.7k

Worst trade of my life.

Yeah I'm holding for a month or two as I originally planned. Nothing I can do about the loss. Water under the bridge.