Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

actually, i think you'll find Xe / blackwater / Academi uses armored chevy suburbans
with all the talk of who would actually buy these things, these assholes are going get paid tax payer money to buy them arent they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

as we saw when the model 3 was exposed to east coast winters, all teslas are cars designed in california for california techies with zero consideration given to other lifestyles or use scenarios
as someone who knows a person with a model 3 in new england, was there something in particular this is a reference to or just cold in general?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

the bottom fills with snow and so does the bumper. the door handles ice over at the slightest hint of frost. so does the charging port. the windows freeze shut in such a way that the door will break when you try to open it. the fix was to prevent the windows from closing all the way... in the winter
wait when you say fix do you mean tesla told people to not close the windows all the way or software wont let you close them all the way if its cold?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

coworker mentioned using their stimulus check to buy tesla stock. immediately after saying that they know its a bubble. :sigh:

definitely going to try to work 'you smell like a roll of nickels' into conversations though.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I get why this is a huge red flag, on like a few levels, but I feel like I don't know enough about the specifics of how such insurance works to grasp the full amount of fuckery this could bring.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

FrozenVent posted:

it means the insurance companies looked at them and went “ahahaha nooooope”
I got that part which I thought was the bigger deal, but I wanted to know in what additional manners can ol Musky dig himself deeper/hang himself.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Hello Mr. Musk, we down at the SEC took a donation and brought you a fruit basket in your time of need.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Is...is that really the kid's name?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Midjack posted:

pretty sure they already have a mario kart tesla game and it destroys your tires while you play.
i know there is a car game you can play with the steering wheel while it charges/parked. does it move the tires while doing that?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

CampingCarl posted:

Is...is that really the kid's name?
i'll repeat the question i guess but the joke name was probably better.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

FAUXTON posted:

Those were girls
What was the thing he had something for one of his earlier kids to be male? It's impossible to Google anything about Elon and baby and get anything but this one and child rapist results.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

it basically is private tutoring, but slightly expanded to like the tesla/spacex c-levels' kids

like i think it only leaked out a year or so ago when he actually had other children than his own in his weirdass homebrew beep boop sciencechilde program
I'm thinking this would end up like Snowpiercer where the kids are taught how much of a genius Musk is/was. Only flaw is he hates public transportation.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

duz posted:

yeah but none of them were made the fun way, i guess unless you find ivf fun
im assuming he made grimes do ivf as well so he could get another boy
There was something saying she was not going to raise the kid as either gender too but who knows if Musk is going along with that.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

It turns out Grimes' emails to Musk are as insufferable as you'd expect

so Grimes was using the name Deth stayerr? That's a real cool name if you are in middle school. Treating the press an an enemy is what normal people do.
What is the context of the bottom part? Musk researching people reporting on his stuff?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

martin tripp is the guy who noticed punctured batteries were being glued back together and put in to cars in NV and blew the whistle on them so they called in an active shooter report anonymously against him.

montana skeptic is a longwinded bear on twitter and seeking alpha.
I remember the whistle blower thing now, was a whole shitshow of PIs and such. Is there any place that has reference to Musk/tesla idiocy?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I'm hoping I won't be
god emperor x ae a-12 will create a simulation of all those who did not vote for it to torture for all time.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Platystemon posted:

it's corporate suicide by cop

instead of a puff of wind toppling the house of cards, its was the perfidious state, you see
getting that bonus and then running it into the ground before bad decisions catch up to him would be a clever plan but i dont know if his ego could handle it. using the jobs of employees is a pretty lovely way to do it though. not that rules apply to musk but are there laws protecting the employees or legal action making them come in?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

I knew nothing would happen but it is still depressing both for the workers and the lack of photos of musk behind bars. If he says he is going to Texas anyway through several books at him.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

this looks more like some guys are planning a rally at tesla showrooms, but is tesla organizing it?

it must be hard for musk to organize large protests since that might involve putting people on buses.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

is there a nice article or something that i can accidentally leave in the path of a coworker that keeps saying things like "of course elon designs things for spacex, he slept at the spaceport"?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

infernal machines posted:

the problem is a lot of musk stans believe exactly that, even though he hasn't done any of those thing, it's absurd to think that he will do any of those things, but his whole public persona is based around people believing the bullshit he spouts
what do those people think is not absurd for musk to do then?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

gschmidl posted:

https://twitter.com/lilly_wachowski/status/1262104754496339968

Hoping they make Matrix 4 a scathing takedown of these fucks.
at first i agreed but since Musk is one of those "AI is the greatest threat ever" and "reality is a simulation" believers, linking him or his companies to either protagonists or antagonists he would take as a win. not giving him attention or insinuating he never affected the world is probably the best way hurt him anyway.

im waiting for some stupid explanation of why there is a rose instead of a pill in that tweet.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

is it really dead or are there appeals that can go on for years?

it is a shame it is from the FCC because for all we know they accidentally or corruptly did the right thing. im sure musk fans will claim the ISPs that have the FCC in their pocket felt threatened.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

imagine releasing an ota patch to your child's name. hopefully musk doesn't brick his kid.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

MattO posted:

Can you dangle an actual traffic cone from your bumper? Or a few of em... or other obstacle-like items
There are plenty of work trucks that have traffic cone holders on the bumpers. All it should do it have the Tesla avoid it right? Which it really is supposed to do anyway since it is attached a full size vehicle...

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

same but one of the 'ventilators' tesla sent out.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Is 17 actually meaningful somehow or is that people listening for dog whistles everywhere, real or parody?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

PIZZA.BAT posted:

can't wait for all the shithead dipshits who saw trump win the presidency, think to themselves, 'well if that dipshit could pull it off then why can't I!? because i'm clearly so much smarter' without realizing that trump is a truly perfect storm of malice, ignorance, and stupidity that can't be faked
So you are saying a Kanye/Musk ticket has a good shot?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Since the SEC has no teeth and the board drank the koolaid what would actually have to happen to start this house of cards collapsing?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/loganjamal815/status/1281767587723051008

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

the satellites are programmed to rods from the gods anyone that tries to short tesla stock
since they are small enough to burn up i suggest we all short at at once to make a pretty light show.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Too bad the software didn't lock the window too, Tesla would have been able to charge him for fixing the broken window which wouldn't be covered under warranty as the operator voluntarily broke it to avoid starving in the car.

Were there any cars before Tesla where you could not open the door mechanically?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

if he was in the front seat he still should have been able to open the door. even the model 3 has a mechanical linkage to pop the front doors open that you actuate by pulling the lever past its stop. doing so will pop the trim out from around the window but it will let you out. it's just the rear doors that can't be opened under any circumstances (inside or outside levers) without electricity.

out of curiosity, do cars with rear seat child safety locks disable them in the event of an accident? i would expect that new cars that set the locks electronically do, but i remember in our old van it was a little mechanical lever inside the door frame
I see, the only time I was in a Tesla was in the back. That doesn't really explain how he got locked IN the car then unless he was in the back and didnt want to crawl to the front.

If the rear door thing applies to the low poly truck in case of power loss people in the back can't even break the windows so you better hope the front is still accessible after a crash.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Because you gave him money and you apparently accepted delivery on it so why would he waste money on quality inspections?

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

MomJeans420 posted:

Of course Tesla posted a profit for Q2, which makes them eligible for S&P 500 inclusion but it's still discretionary. Their mysterious accounts receivable balance has now grown to $1.4 billion, and their regulatory credit sales for Q2 are almost $7,000 per car sold outside of China. Not suspect at all
What would a reasonable number for the regulator credit sales be?

If inclusion in the S&P is discretionary I would assume they can't demand an audit but could ask for one. I wonder if Musk would try to pass it or would tweet "S&P is for losers anyway".

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

It has been there for a while, or at least on and off. He had it at least a month or so ago when it was especially eyebrow raising saying something dumb but I can't remember which dumb thing specifically.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

gschmidl posted:

"Yes," I said, "you LIKE the car."

"For the love of memes, Elontresor!"

"Yes," I said, "for the love of memes!"

But to these words I hearkened in vain for a reply. I grew impatient. I called aloud --

"Theresa!"

No answer. I called again --

"Theresa!"

No answer still. I thrust an LED through the remaining panel gap and let it fall within. There came forth in return only a farting of the seat. My heart grew sick; it was the dampness of the Gigafactory that made it so. I hastened to make an end of my labour. I forced the last window into its position; I rolled it up. Against the flaky paint job I re-erected the old rampart of bazingas. For the half of a century no mortal has disturbed them. In Tesla requiescat!
Excellent.

I think 'science' might be better for 'memes'. Or maybe roko.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

elon’s terminators would probably be too distracted attacking humans on billboards than to fight real people
elon's skynet was programmed to hack all the nuclear facilities but for some reason just took over VLC media player.

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

donoteat’s voice is exactly halfway between dearest scooter and plinkett
his voice is one where you can't tell if he is 25 or 65 and either one is believable to me. i understand why some would not like the problem podcast though i think some of them are pretty good, mostly the ones where donoteat keeps things on track.

i would pay money for him to do Musk's other projects like he did the loop. maybe bring on <rocket/car/telecom/SEC/conman> experts as guests as appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

Make the app generate a non-refundable charge for each swipe for Tesla realism (and to keep out the poors, so also realism).

quote:

Users will be able to specify on their dating profiles their car's model and configuration, and will have potential matches sorted by those whose car characteristics most closely align with theirs.
"Hey you have the same floor mats as me so we must be similar in personality!"

alternately "no fatties model 3s"