Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Test Track at Epcot would be better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Imagine getting pulled over and having to dick around with the touch screen or voice control to get out your registration and insurance card. I hope the cop is patient.

I bet one of the "concealed compartment" laws are vague enough to include the tesla glovebox. Better not keep drugs or guns in there.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Around here the parking meters need your license plate number. The keypad doesn't have dingbats, so I guess you're just going to eat those tickets.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Boston has some BLE beacons in their tunnels: https://blog.mass.gov/transportation/massdot-highway/highway-waze-app-tunnel-service-improvements/

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Do you get to take the FSD with you to a new car? $12k is 5 years at the monthly rate.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

In what meaningful way can the users participate in the development process? Are they supposed to be submitting user stories, "As a user of a self-driving car, my car should navigate around fire trucks without hitting them"

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Subject to shareholder approval. What are the chances they vote it down?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I thought the eventual state was your car self driving to the charging station at night or while you're at work, and driving back to pick you up later.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

faxlore posted:

https://twitter.com/ncri_io/status/1586007698910646272

"Evidence suggests that bad actors are trying to test the limits on
@Twitter
. Several posts on 4chan encourage users to amplify derogatory slurs.

For example, over the last 12 hours, the use of the n-word has increased nearly 500% from the previous average."

I can't tell if this is real or a joke.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

so wait if i, Nazi von Hitlerfucker give elon musk $8, i can ensure that "human being" appears at the top of any queer person's replies?

I was going to joke about selling n-word passes, due to the great market fit. But then he went and just did it.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I was picking my car up from the (generic) body shop, and the lady at the desk was on the phone with some Tesla owner. "Yes, we do have to charge you a storage fee if you want to retain the replaced parts, we don't have room to keep your garbage on site, and Tesla may also charge a fee for retaining the parts, you will have to pay that too. ... I've worked here for ten years and nobody else has ever asked for their parts back."

Must really love the car, need to build a shrine with the old parts.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Is it actually people you, Elon musk, follow?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

quiggy posted:

even if covid itself was fake (it very obviously isn't but w/e) the social distancing, wfh era, masking, etc were all very real and are an incredibly easy explanation for the mystery of why a seasonal disease didn't spread nearly as much. you just need to have the ability to look at two data points and synthesize information, which is clearly not something musk et al are capable of

They think covid is the flu, so in their world we just moved numbers around. Put the covid numbers in the flu chart and nothing happened.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
I don't care about shoplifting but I'm pretty annoyed by all the shopping baskets being stolen. The uniformed LP people don't care much. "Hey the basket needs to stay in the store" "but I want to take it out" "oh ok". I don't know what else they could do though.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Did Twitter offer prepaid legal / "insurance" and did they continue that coverage for laid off employees?

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
It's only one X and not XXX. I guess Elon isn't that hardcore.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
The tunnels should have an infinite loop of moving seats like the Haunted Mansion at Disney. Some random site said it has 2800 riders/hour.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Love to see all the company accounts that won't be able to post any more since they can't get someone to authorize a purchase, even if it's only $1. Or more likely some poor intern will have to pay the $1 out of their pocket and then not remove their card after they leave.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
1.5 million sign ups per day and 550 mau. They must bounce off hard.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Someone please think of the poor defect detectors that these Tesla rails will go by.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008

Many neighbors of Honda Civic owners would disagree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
Totally useless while charging. Basically providing a direct pipe for a power surge.