Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

gonna spoof a tesla so that i can supercharge my tinyhome. :twisted:

Imagine some cyberpunk future where people go around with vans full of battery packs spoofing Teslas to steal electricity from superchargers to power their house.

Or dudes pulling up to you in a parking lot, "hey man, you wanna buy some juice, i got 320kwh here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

in the future all cars are teslas. :eng101:

All cars are Teslas, all Restaurants are Taco Bell, All burgers are made from rats.

2019 is gonna be WIIIIIIIIIIILD

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mrmcd posted:

Lol if this thread is the straw that finally kills Tesla.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mike12345 posted:

a story about screenshots someone tweeted, that show posts from a forum. wow

Welcome to the future, my friend.

Once somebody tweets about the article, those tweets will be quoted on the nightly news.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

atomicthumbs posted:

i really should've asked first before posting the stuff on twitter, i had no idea it would go viral and i don't want to get anyone in trouble (and someone was already crossposting to reddit). i was a small account, god dammit, this isn't supposed to happen

Don't worry, nobody knows who you are, Dave.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iospace posted:

there was a difference?

One has a garage full of electronic devices that are at constant risk of catching fire, and the other constantly talks about bitcoins.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Has Grimes said "buttcoin" yet?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

If the Tesla board doesn't already have the gallows built in the board room ready for Monday morning, the company is dead.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I originally regged in 2026 right after President Kardashian invaded Belgium but when i was sent back in time i lost my account :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

qirex posted:

canibus raps about bitcoins now :smith:
As relevant as ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rhe8BAcPxQ

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

that's like me doing pushups.

one, two, three, uhhh, eighty seven, eighty eight, oops, nine hundred ninety eight, nine hundred ninety nine, ten thousand!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fishmech posted:

i could see how some sane production schemes wouldn't get you perfectly sequential stuff

like an actual car manufacturer with multiple production facilities for the same car lines has numbers 10,000 to 20,000 assigned for a given month across both plants, but they just start plant 2's numbers at 15,000 rather than try to keep them in perfect order you know

That's what the first 11 letters/numbers in the vin are for.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

poty posted:

hes gonna do a steve isnt he. hell get kicked out of tesla come back in 10 years and disney will buy spacex

This feels more like a Kenneth Lay scenario

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

muckswirler posted:

if tesla drops another ten tomorrow because elon smoked weed on jre this will not have been a satisfying enough petard hoisting. it will be shameful and we should all feel bad and officially switch to a pro musk stance

Tomorrow is Saturday.

That does mean today is Friday night, the good time for Felon to release bad information about Tesla so the markets can digest it for the weekend before trading opens on Monday

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

so, say someone buys it as an av and then switches back to their original one an hour later. what happens to the image that the tag points to?

e: and how, sometimes years down the road, do people know what tag to put in the custom text field to bring up a given gang tag?

You're waaaaaaaaay overthinking this.

All your old avs stay there forever. the url is your usernumber followed by the number of your av. Using IOspace as an example, this was her last one

and the one before that

found simply by changing the last number of the av.

Your gang tag was original purchased as an av by user cheese-cube based on the URL https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=117560

once the image is on the server, you can paste it into your av space. if you want a gang tag someone else has, simply find the url and paste it in there in image tags.

e: lol, this is one someone bought me a long time ago

it had something like "ask me about my fast car" underneath it becuase i was making fun of someone's slow car, and it was hilarious

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

it was randomly bestowed upon me. i said i was a bad enough dude to stick with a lovely av that rex goliath saddled me with and a few minutes later the tag appeared. poof.

Does this look familiar?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Trains are old technology anyways, and Elon has a plan to replace them.

He's going to replace them with trucks that can tow multiple trailers that run on their own specific roads. to reduce maintenance costs, the trucks will have metal tires, and the road will also be made of metal. They will steer themselves, with a driver only needed to manage their speed and oversee their operation. This is the future the train dorks are afraid of, and only Elon could have ever invented it, just like he invented ride sharing that only stops at specified points and takes multiple customers at once from point to point, and how he invented just going into the car company's storage site and picking a car out of the lot and buying it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

it spells “sex”!!!

:awesomelon::sissies::awesomelon:

and it smells like desperation

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Jonny 290 posted:

volunteering to help spread the real truth about a business you have strong feelings about seems to be a trend these days

That's a ludicrous statement. I would be unreasonable angry right now, if i didn't have the smooth crisp taste of Bud Light with Lime to help me control my temper and sooth my thirst.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

1g of water by weight is 1ml by volume though

At what temperature though

AT WHAT TEMPERATURE!?!?!?!?!?!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

you have to know where the beans came from and then heat/cool the correct amount of water to the median daytime high temperature during the last third of the growing season.

come on.

But at what altitude and barometric pressure?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FuturePastNow posted:

imagine if John Delorean had owned a rocket company too

Well he was certainly in the business of sending people to space :haw:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

gschmidl posted:

What if you just took a locomotive and strapped rocket boosters to it?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kevin Mitnick P.E. posted:

yeah thats still idle rich. its called having a hobby

What if you hobby is cutting arms off of blue collar workers while paying them less than a living wage, like Bezos?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I can't wait until he indignantly refuses to show up for the trial believing himself to be above it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shifty Pony posted:

yes, he's stacked the board with rear end kissers, investors, his brother, and other friends. nobody has automotive board experience. that's why the sec demanded adding two new independent board members as part of the settlement.

Watch him make up 2 dudes and use stock images to make it look like he actually did it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mewse posted:

grimes would find this amusing

yeah she should have RIP

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Sagebrush posted:

i wonder if i could get a grant to conduct and publish a task-attention study on the model 3's touchscreen

surely elon and his gang of stans would respect the findings of pure, objective scientific research, right?

what are you, some kind of pedo?

why are you trying to attack the savior of humanity?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

As if having their corruption completely on display would shame them or change their behavior in any loving way, or make them even a little less electable.

Half of the republicans have publicly come out in support of gang rape this week, and none of them are getting voted out.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You don't get repeat customers by making things last forever.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lmfao what a loving child.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Anybody who takes delivery on Dec 30 gets a $7500 tax credit, anybody who takes delivery on Jan 1 gets a $3750 tax credit.

Imagine the anxiety if they're still pulling the vin swap shenanigans come December.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shame Boy posted:

i mean "hodl" has already appeared in court documents before so :shrug:

so has buttcoin

The FTC said buttcoin

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

moot had to explain a ton of general forums slang and specifically 4chan catchphrases when he was brought in to testify for that sarah palin "email hacking" trial after someone used her birthday to reset her password or something

and then it was topped by the FTC said buttcoin in federal court because BFL bought buttcoin.com to change the criticism of their box of fans to praise of their box of fans

classic laughchain gold right there.

except for the part where the bandits made out like.....bandits.

It would actually be rad if someone with court case access could find out what happened with sonny vleisides probation thing considering they still probably owe "preorder" customers like a million bitcoins and a BFL monarch can probably mine like 50 cents a year at this point.

I would update my power usage/coal burning/CO2 production calculations but at this point in my journey of major depressive disorder, i really can't take another hit.

e: this isn't even the bitcoin thread, where the gently caress am i

Powershift fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Oct 30, 2018

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

the tesla thread, for discussing the OTHER incredibly scammy piece of technology run/used by idiots

That could have died as the last post on the page, jerk.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

infernal machines posted:

no, next we get gen AA

More like generation BBQ

because they're gonna get cooked by climate change, lol

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

i was born in 1980. what generation am i?

How do you even know how to use the internet, grampa?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

fishmech posted:

i don't remember the world before the internet

I do

it suuuuuuuuuuuuuucked.

looking up poo poo on a loving encarta CD

Motherfucking.....Almanacs and poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

President Beep posted:

when i was little it was the goddamn set of encyclopedias on the bookshelf. effing funk & wangels.

Back in my day, you had to look at the encyclopedias in the library.

loving card catalogues, and dewey decimals and stuff.

Now i can get lost for 4 hours in wikipedia and end up learning everything there is to learn about like, grapes.