Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Captain Foo posted:

bumping this thread because Elon musk sucks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
i wish melon husk would rescue this argument with his mini sub

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Spatial posted:

you might say elon's head has gotten stuck up his own cave system! :haw:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
drill babies drill

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
tesla model 3% finished

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Suspicious Dish posted:

im just confused how they can commit such massive scale fraud with so many people involved and nobody gives a poo poo lmao

as long as it makes people money nobody will ever give a poo poo

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
the desert lot should be called 'elon musk's locker'; a deserted, barren place full of broken vessels that sunk the namesake

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

Therefore, it’s normal that Tesla has new parking lots for vehicles in transit.

quote:

parking lots

quote:

in transit

:thunk:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:thurman:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

graph posted:

if you regged in 2015 you prolly didnt play tecmo bowl

that's no excuse

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
who needs to raid a museum for a guillotine when you can just stuff musky in one of his lovely cars

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Suspicious Dish posted:

crosspostin' from tech bugle

elon: other car companies make a car every 25 minutes

investors: yeah

elon: thats like. grandma walking down the sidewalk slow. what if you went faster

investors: well

elon: like 30 miles an hour fast. just rocket those cars out there.

investors: uhh

elon: im a genius

phone rings
elon: yes factory foreman. cease all production of new vehicles. drive previously finished vehicles through the production line as fast as possible. we must test this theory

foreman: :suicide:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

elmer chud posted:

Remember when elon tweeted about the saboteur he discovered? Well:

:stare:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Plank Walker posted:

defender of truth, justice ? and no, the american way !

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
YOSPOS > elon musk: why kill just the kids when you can kill the adults too

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Video game crash of 2018

This article is about the Tesla crash caused by Atari video games. For the industry crash caused by Atari video games, see Video game crash of 1983.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
sell low, buy high :420:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
musk's 5000 cars/week has finally found its match; a nigerian prince's $53 billion

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
elon sucsk

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
putting the elon in felon

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

President Beep posted:

lol. what’s the half-a press in this scenario?

the punctured batteries. we can save a battery if we just continue to hold them together with some glue

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

100% of your posts are bad

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
#devastated

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

flakeloaf posted:

securities fuckup megathread

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

elmer chud posted:

I thought this may be a joke but of course it's not.

some model S owners are being asked to pony up cash for the latest update, which unlocks extra capacity that was secretly built into their batteries. Yes, Tesla has invended car DLC.

The affected consumers are those who bought a Model S 70 in the last month or so. The 70kWh batteries in their cars are actually 75kWh batteries. They’ve just been software limited to only charge to 70kWh. For the low, low price of $3,000, Tesla will send an OTA update to your vehicle that unlocks the extra 5kWh of capacity. That’s equivalent to about 19 miles of additional driving. Future purchases of the car will be able to pay $3,250 for the same upgrade. 

:tesla:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
mr musk's wild ride

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Xealous posted:

i powered my old car with farts too

:gas:

Xealous posted:

tesla basically runs their entire business like a just in time compiler only they don't treat warnings or errors as failures. most groups in the company don't cross-communicate so there's a lot of duplication of effort.

i once got pulled into a meeting because a car burned down when it was attached to a supercharger and we didn't get a log out of the car. normally under some emergency circumstances the car will try to upload a log when it thinks poo poo has gone really badly, but in this particular case it was far enough away from a tower it had half 3G connection and had to upload a 30MB log via HTTPS POST. the car burned down before it even got to 10MB and the system was only designed for exponential backoff retries, not resumption of in-progress. elon was calm about it, but we had to justify why we never had time to address it - maybe it was because we were all busy making unsafe features work?

the ol' post mortem trick

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

iospace posted:

No my friend, it started elons ago.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

I am skeptical as well. The whole post sounds like some bored engineer wanting to stir up the "normies". Way too many tech and engineering lingo compressed together in sentences.

quote:

upload a 30MB log via HTTPS POST
Um, ok. But that just reminds me of some quote in some funny movie: "You made me bleed...my own blood!". Mentioning "HTTPS POST" is redundant, unless you are trying to impress some non-technical people ;)

someone doesnt http get it

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Ciaphas posted:

that's kind of the point that reddit etc. seem to be missing in replying to this, when they say "this isn't abnormal for a software dev shop in a hurry"

these are cars

cars kill people on the reg

move fast, break legs

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
digg still exists?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

SO DEMANDING posted:

:prepop:
this is great and everyone should read it

musk is such a goddamn shyster

yeah pro click here

elon's so far off the deep end, none of the batshit crazy stuff he does surprises anyone

so now he had to make his boring company poo poo bricks

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Ciaphas posted:

iirc the Prius ICE is on at all times right? the volt only comes on when the battery is out or fuel needs burning (I’ve been on the same tank for almost a year and it’s going stale lol)

nah the prius and the insight (honda's version) both kill the ice, though the insight's will turn on if you let off the brake. the prius will actually drive a little bit before the ice turns back on, or will just stay in ev mode if you're putting through a parking lot at 10 miles an hour

also,

iospace posted:

In short,

Death to capitalism.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
sure was nice of elon to provide this thread with autopilot, looks like it still drives into walls

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

creationist believer posted:

no wonder the model 3 seems less than half baked

and yet they always seem to be blazing

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Jonny 290 posted:

its the only 420 he can actually hit

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
due to the news coming from amazon and walmart, we're having a fire sale on tesla solar panels! get em while they're hot hot HOT

thats "sudo science" around these parts

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Bulgakov posted:

fun stuff

80 miles an hour

just imagine if there was more distance between the car and the firetruck

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

The_Franz posted:

just picked up my brother from the airport and we passed a tesla on the way home. something seemed off so we slowed down and took a closer look only for it to become clear that the guy behind the wheel was loving sleeping

good time to honk the horn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

quote:

so here's the thing about the tesla cooling solution, it's a lasagna ribbon the runs between the cells.

makes sense that itd be a lasagna ribbon. when the car gets hungry it can just turn the oven on for delicious battery pasta