Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

rotor posted:

really only a matter of time before poo poo starts to get actually bad and not hilarious bad

Wasn’t there tweets today about a new summon update being pushed out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

EricBauman posted:

musk is occupied elsewhere, so it's probably a great time for tesla folks to get some work done on things that actually matter.

but what can they do that isn't completely stupid (cross continental summon - definitely coming in 2018!) or impossible (solving the body panel gaps and all the other manufacturing defects)?

maybe they're finally putting the hazard markings back in the factory now elon 'i just dont like yellow stickers' musk isn't likely to walk onto the floor

I just wanna know if I need to be vigilant of Teslas when I walk through the parking lot at work tomorrow.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

rotor posted:

right but it should de-energize the rest of the car. So apparently people aren't using it? or ???

If I was just someone working at a body shop I would not assume the car could just instantly kill me when pulling a dent, so I can see this situation happening. Also the warning is probably in the charging cover so I wouldn’t necessarily have a reason to open it.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Having to wake up each morning as Elon Musk is at least sort of a punishment.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

fart simpson posted:

cool av dude that was one of my favorite cards back in the day

It’s such chill art too.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

FMguru posted:

no sign of the cybertrukkkk or the semi or the roadster2 or the robot or or or or...

...but elon did ship this:

https://twitter.com/SawyerMerritt/status/1592232095434567680

would make a great terrible yospos secret santa gift for someone who was feeling spendy

Oh so 2 glasses is a set now?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

PIZZA.BAT posted:

there's more dwight shrutes out there than any of us would like to admit

I work within speaking distance of two of them, not including myself.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

rotor posted:

hey yospos are microservices good or bad? need to know by end of day

Make a bat file that can start them all and tell him it’s a mega service or something?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

jesus WEP posted:

maybe microservices are good but i only ever saw them because someone wanted “architected a solution using microservices” on their resume

We’re moving versions of the third party system I maintain and I performance tested the new version that is rearchitected using micro services and it’s faster, but idk if the micro services are the reason because they rewrote a bunch of other stuff too.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Lol he tweeted a cheeky picture of a Nazi soldier like 4 days ago.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Plorkyeran posted:

teslas not doing the incredibly stupid "space age" look is the only appealing thing about them

They just look like lovely cribbed Aston Martin designs like the Ford Fusion? I think both types of car look stupid for the record.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The_Franz posted:

of those 10, i wonder just how many are true believer elon rimjobbers vs "i'd quit, but my child was born with a heart condition and we cannot be without health insurance for even 3 seconds"

Close to half of those are probably H1-B employees:

edit: it’s weird to me that that data was public.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Twerk from Home posted:

I feel like the answer will be "no", but do visa employees have any type of longer-term contract in connection to the visa that would prevent the employer from saying "Last week you were full remote and full time, this week you must be in the physical office 60 hours a week or your rear end is fired."?

At will employment!

looks like there is a 60 day grace period for you to transfer your visa to a new place of employment after your last day of employment. Also if you Google it the first thing it says after you know you’re losing your job is “hire a lawyer.”

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

The_Franz posted:

silicon valley turbonerds have reinvented the quiverfull movement

Does Agile stand in for Christianity in this situation?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Pinterest Mom posted:

i'm brave enough to say it:

old twitter probably had a sexism problem

Every Silicon Valley company that I can think of has massive diversity and discrimination issues.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

icantfindaname posted:

so is twitter not going to go down after all? the chapo maxim is that the funniest outcome is what will happen in the timeline we're on, and unfortunately i think NOT going down might be that

it’s going to lead to every company in the USA firing 90% of their workforces and we’ll enter the truly funny times.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Drop shipping scams are going to save Twitter.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

PIZZA.BAT posted:

maybe i'm misreading this but how is this a scandal?

Some Q weirdos picked up on it and made it one because the company has upper management who happen to be gay and Jewish.

Now it’s on the right wing grifter menu.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

lol I looked at his TL and this dude has like 20 separate posts about the history of Diet Coke, and a bunch of other facts which I don’t think are correct.

I could also be having a fever dream.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

njsykora posted:

he found a pond that looks a bit like one in apple park, unless he just went to apple park to film that and got someone to stand next to him so idiots would believe tim apple was next to him, i know some parts of apple park are accessible to the public since there's an apple store there

Is he trying to pretend it’s all cool now I don’t get it?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

He’s going to end up combining the Stanford Prison Experiment and frontal lobotomies.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Love the weird nerds lining up around the block for brain poising because at this point they know the guy they thought was techno Jesus is a moron, but they can’t imagine anything worse than admitting they were wrong.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Gnossiennes posted:

i can't tell if eyesight/contrast prescription is just getting shittier as i age, or if headlights are just weird and worse now. i hate driving at night because half the headlights look like they're flashing at me :mad:

They’re either brighter or there’s a bunch of people that never dim their brights.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Beeftweeter posted:

oohh, you might be talking about the auto-leveling lights

all of my cars have been pretty low to the ground and yeah headlights are a menace

That’s my issue. my car is already low to the ground, but it’s also a hatchback so the back window is huge, and most people don’t drive cars anymore so the headlights are right in my back window.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Beeftweeter posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1598381157124837376

lol

he is just the neediest little pathetic man

That may be the worst way to say “Lurkers Post” I’ve ever seen. I didn’t even consider it as something you could say wrong until just now.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

mystes posted:

Did he already forget from a couple days ago that "love speech" is Kanye's term for hate sepech?

Oh I didn’t know that. It’s probably a dog whistle, or he’s just stupid.

My money is on both.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

If only there was some sort of way you could take a plane without showing your location, like a some sort of anonymous plane, maybe other people could be on it?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Does anyone know how to shut the rat bucket off? I have all the rats I need.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

MononcQc posted:

stolen from elsewhere

lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Wasnt there also some interview or tweet where she was like clockwork oranging her newborn with some horrible movie?

That seemed mildly evil to me and definitely child abuse.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

What if the tent factory was just the place you lived?

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

bort posted:

did she call it "bisketti" when she had her eating disorder?

I’ve heard an interview with Grimes so I can say with confidence: absolutely.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

not to mention that there's whole waves of LED street lights' diode coatings failing and turning fluorescent purple

E: woke lights turnin the streets bi

Oh that’s why the intersection by my house is like that. It messes with my wife’s epilepsy when we drive through there, not like “has a seizure” but is definitely a close your eyes moment.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

FAUXTON posted:

well that sounds loving terrifying

It makes the light like way brighter than the others. We’ve had some trouble with OLED screens too, idk how it is for other peoples epilepsy though because I only know how it affects her.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

He’s gonna forget about this; I hope people ask him to gently caress with him forever.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

bawfuls posted:

that’s cause Twitter is held together like a tangled ball of twine

https://twitter.com/mattnavarra/status/1641821213407281154

Drop the tables cowards.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

2013 eh?

edit: Wait maybe that’s the day it was posted because that date is still there.

TheMightyBoops fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Apr 12, 2023

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Shame Boy posted:

more show more show more show

Pounding on the table, increasing speed with each “moreShow!”

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

It’s bizarre that it made it that long; I think Gab is the other one of these I’d assumed was already gone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

They’re there to have an orgy in it, I would assume aesthetics are not a primary part of it.