Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Plank Walker posted:

tesla autopilot is 100% safe, except for a few remaining edge* and corner** cases

*safety not guaranteed near edges of roads

**corners too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
petition to have a graphmode css tweak so that all yosposts look the same

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

the math does not line up for providing any sort of significant uplink bandwidth out of a non-steered antenna by ground stations operating at no-FCC-license-needed power levels.

also nobody that lives in an apartment will be able to sign up

huh, somehow i figured this all had to be not-the-last-mile solutions involving tracking antennae

hell i worked at a place that did that for ships at sea (within a certain range of shore) and it worked great

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
it then just becomes an element in a sidequest in the post-apocalypse for someone else to follow to get connections back online

all collecting targeting data at one site and schlepping it over to the antenna array on foot

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Wheany posted:

JavaScript code:
[...document.querySelectorAll('.postbody, blockquote')]
	.forEach(post => [...post.childNodes]
		.filter(node=>node.nodeType===3)
		.forEach(node=>node.nodeValue=node.nodeValue.replace(/e/g, 'E')))

ty, til that javascript has an operator similar to ruby's splat

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

SIGSEGV posted:

people are gonna die because someone trusted crewed spaceflight to a company owned by a guy who literally said that his family motto was safety third

move fast and kill whomever

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

infernal machines posted:

everything is significant if you have an untreated schizoaffective disorder

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

gschmidl posted:

Those astronauts must be really looking forward to the launch.

seriously, urgh

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

people can wear hawaiian shirts. but if you happen to go to a protest rally with five of your white friends and you're all wearing hawaiian shirts, prepare to eat 2x4

or some 2x5s *POW*

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
finally, a car that will know that all i really want to listen to is abba

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

rip prince

imagine how many kids prince got killed because of evangelizing as a jehovah's witness

gently caress prince

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

are you saying it's ok for entourages to commit negligent homicide on rock stars via fentanyl if the rock star has a weird religion

absolutely not, still gross and sad/enraging to see

good point re: showing it's cool to be weird though

thank goodness there are more than enough people to fill that role these days without also telling parents it's okay to withhold lifesaving medical attention from your kids

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

dying on the "gently caress JWs" hill is intensely surprising and novel, i love this gimmick

do... do you think I'm actually trying to pick a fight about this and die on said molehill?

i like you but this seems like the kind of willful misconstruction i'd usually only expect out of nbsd

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
"people that maybe think it's wrong to campaign against letting doctors make medical decisions are the problem, actually. especially when they drop it after acknowledging a halfway decent point i made. lol why are you dying on this hill? stop hitting yourself"

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i acknowledged that

this is up there with 'actually calling me short is tantamount to laughing at poor people for being poor' but please continue to fortify your hill

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
oh so the conversation the whole time was actually about queer role models, sorry i must've missed that

exactly what is it that you think you need to feel like you 'won' this interaction

if you just needed to be performatively mad at someone and have a righteous meltdown, well,

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

i get that you most likely had a loved one or family member killed by the JW's anti-medical-intervention beliefs

your compassion is truly overflowing, almost to the degree you have for prince

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
actually, you can't blame anybody in those organizations for anything they do because of the environment they're in, and to do anything else makes you a cancel-culture SJW kramering in to belittle everyone's personal struggles

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
next up we beatify musk who actually is just a product of circumstance

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Midjack posted:

shut the gently caress up dumbass.

rude, but i guess you just needed attention too

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

TheDarkFlame posted:

For someone who isn't interested in having this argument, you are really keen on carrying on

yes i only tried to drop it multiple times, but please continue the derail because christ knows your input will finally be what's needed to cap it off

a lot of you really need constant validation, huh

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
still wild about candles

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

the concept of starlink, like the real one, not their press release, is to provide internet service to teslas and billionaire fortresses in a way that the poors can't disrupt with a backhoe or an axe or cable cutters. that's it. the access will be $799 a month for a half megabit link with 180 ms min latency

e: high five to midjack

this is absolutely already a thing that rich people have access to, so yeah, it just feels like more investor storytime about a problem that's already been 'solved' (insofar as tesla is capable of solving the problem, which is obviously far from their stated goals)

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Jonny 290 posted:

reminder that the current starlink satellites are broken and can never fulfill the original mission goals. they are literally missing parts needed to execute the idea. they are actual space junk.

on the plus side, maybe it's a moral imperative to instigate kessler syndrome so that we never make it off this rock and pollute space with our brand of horrorcapitalist culture

like, 'alien' was just as much about the evils of spacecapitalism as aliens (arguably way more)

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
move fast and break spines

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Not a Children posted:

I assume the true reason is because with hardware it's a fuckload harder to obsfucate fail conditions that occur due to design negligence than in software, and you don't have to worry about pesky things like "build quality" or "safety factors"

it's called "agility" jeez

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Lutha Mahtin posted:

it's racism, op

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Sagebrush posted:

The Egyptian government maintains that the pyramid builders were not slaves. Supposedly the labor mostly came from farmers working in the offseason and they were all paid for their work.

I don't know if this is true or not.

yeah, i'm no egyptologist but this was my understanding, too

then again, who are we to argue with elon, who probably just dropped acid and powered through a couple seasons of stargate sg-1?

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah just only watch the videos he does by himself. The "there's your problem" group podcasts are unbearable

could not agree more. i can't get into podcasts primarily because it's a bunch of nasally-voiced groups talking over eachother, rushing to grab the low-hanging jokes first. friggin' love donoteat's solo stuff though

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

NFX posted:

[m]y sel[f]-driving taxi had a customer and he died. can I use the estate for tips? (r/legaladvice)

just got a cold chill like an autonomous vehicle plowed into my grave

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

it's like nobody remembers when paypal would steal money from africans (among other locales) for sport

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
reading most of reddit is basically self-harm

hell, most of the internet in general

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
huh i would like to know more about novels in which the humble computer protagonists finally conquer humans

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
'chief engineer' my entire rear end

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
nothing like all this poo poo to convince me that i absolutely deserve to win the powerball because i am not nearly as dumb as the dipshits causing tens of billions of dollars in damage

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
42 minutes is a whole hour when you factor in ads duh

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

omg

this is really the funniest week of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
i feel like the dude in j290's avatar. like i don't even care a whiff about my own work frustrations, it is so fine and manageable and not worth stressing about

my umbrella is just twitter news instead of whiskey sours