Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Musk said he was almost run over by a truck while riding a dirt bike as a kid, which is why Tesla won't be getting into the bike business.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
elon musk is what happens when you give grover a billion dollars

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

PleasureKevin posted:

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1017946621949173760

Elon Musk is like that QAnon thing where they just keep people interested and believing with weird vague promises that never arrive, but it doesn't matter because there's another weird vague promise that will never arrive just around the corner if you're patient and keep believing and little longer.

what do elon musk, qanon, #resist, the lottery, and health insurance have in common?

they sell hope, which no longer naturally exists in america

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
errol's a huge piece of poo poo too yeah

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
same menu, different dish

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1018621093190426625

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Gazpacho posted:

Did anyone bother checking whether the “car” was on the course Elon said it was? I’m thinking of that satellite that NK launched into a tumbling orbit and still celebrates as a victorious space conquest (and also someone in gbs was actually afraid it had a nuke payload ready to drop on them in their sleep)

ham satellite nerds tracked it for a couple days and it appeared to be on the "correct" (wrong) trajectory. its not hanging out in low earth orbit or anything.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

ah, the ol' units "produced" versus units "sold" switcharoo

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1020048930397188096

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
its not as funny as the corncobbing thing or 'bend the knee' thing tho

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

your car is smouldering and licks of flame are beginning to shoot out from the undercarriage, your children are in the back seat. quickly take your 12v battery pack, remove the cover from the bumper, connect the battery to the auxiliary power terminal, and hope that enough of the car comes online to allow you to use the rear door handles.

this is what we get for letting white people develop "escape rooms" as fun weekend activities.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
what the gently caress is carplay anyways

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
so its like bluetooth or what

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
god

lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
touchscreens in cars are bad and wrong but people will keep pawing at them so whatever

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
back when i had the forester i'd plug my iphone into it and would click a link for an icecast stream from my ham shack and i could listen to the old dudes via 4g it was pretty neat

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

truth

the radio is hot garbage that exists only to serve fractions of an ad or mysog the bass-altered voice bro screaming about how he doesn't understand something before you can turn it off

public radio can be ok

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
oh loving hmbol goddammit ben

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
he is literally that dude that makes the "best thing about high school is i keep gettin older and they keep stayin the saaaaame aaaaaage"

he is a serial dump-for-a-19-year-old guy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
just play ready player one on loop at full volume the entire time anybody is in the car

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
rp1 would have been vastly more tolerable if it was written by somebody who was not a hack, somebody who could take the tropes and concepts that cline literally xeroxed into his manuscript and riffed / edited / refactored them

like, here

quote:

Say Anything...: Art3mis also mentions that the movie was playing on the weekend that Halliday and Karen went on their single date. Parzival is seen holding the boombox from the film, causing it to play music during the battle.

it's...it's just the scene from Say Anything. There's no introspection, no interpretation. it's just a loving cut and paste

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

somebody paid $75,000 for that and thinks they have a luxury car

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

don't post this in the ev thread, they think that a luxury car is either (1) any expensive car or (2) a car that the manufacturer tells you is a luxury car

maserati is going to loving die now that tesla has cornered the 'knows nothing about cars, has a lot of money and wants to spend it all on a vehicle that's not remotely worth it' market

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
teslas are notoriously lovely at high sustained speeds. they are not performance vehicles. they are cars for people that think that the ability to cut off 12 cars on an offramp is a 'supercar' thing. they fall over and die if they live in triple digit speeds. i will straight up challenge any model s or 3 on an open road run with my BMW that's old enough to buy alcohol

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
and i'll get 26mpg the whole loving time

my car gets better mileage at 100mph than at 80

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I won't hate on a prius. It's kammback as gently caress and they're fine city cars.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

infernal machines posted:

the leaf, comparatively, loving sucks and the battery loses something like 30% capacity in the first year or so, because they don't manage the thermals at all.

the leaf is the other extreme of the spectrum. you're right with the battery pack issues, but you gotta admire the Georgia Situation

for a while, many southern states, most notably GA, offered tax credits that totaled out to $250 a month if you bought a qualifying EV. Nissan was dumping Leafs on lease at $199 a month. So all these grizzled rear end peanut farmers in Georgia rural areas leased Leafs just thinking they were pulling a fast one on the government, then actually got in and drove it around, and realized they loving loved them for short in town trips and bopping around the farm.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
isnt it like 4850 pounds or something stupid lmao

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
he's worse than your run of the mill shitlord billionaire though. zuck has 0 charisma and literally no friends on the planet. bezos is smart enought to kick some money to bros. wall street dudes have a hell of a community. but musk, musk has tapped the unceasingly pregnant tap of Nerds On The Internet, and they are his loving warriors, and they can and will die on these hills

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Cocoa Crispies posted:

hamsters are such prolific breeders they'll eat their offspring at the first sign of food stress

im sorry are we talking hamsters or southerners here

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho-dyfI0hAM here's another amazing (sorta) electric vehicle sound.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
EV's on pikes are awesome but theyre also hella cheatyface versus basically the entire history of internal combustion races up pikes

cheating is good.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

obstipator posted:

yall obsess about random people too much
i bet that guy doesnt recognize any of you

do we, indeed, have too much time on our hands

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
one of the best better-to-beg-forgiveness car periods i had was when my parents took my younger brother to the grand canyon when i was on freshman winter break in college. i got to drive the purple '95 caravan for two weeks all over central arkansas and yeah we had 3 rows and would load everybody up and cruise. had the v6, was fine. tons of room. fuckin blast

the other was when my goth roomie bought a lincoln town car, looked over at his 88 mazda 323 hatch and said "Hey this has expired tags and no insurance. Wanna drive it?" holy poo poo that was fun

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Sagebrush posted:

it also inexplicably has regular incandescent turn signals, which is just bizarre to me. LED lighting on an electric car is a total no brainer

holy loving poo poo are you GOD DAMNED SERIOUS

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Roosevelt posted:

shave that mossy poo poo off your neck you gross turd

imagine that brushing up against grimes' salon-scaped twatterino IM SORRY IM SORRY IM TRYING TO DELETE IT

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
but really, lol, as if felon musk would eat pussy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

such an INTJ thing to say :rolleyes:

this is some libra rear end bullshit

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

am i crazy or is it simply unremarkable the dude is waiting over a year for a repair.

what do you mean? "is this par for the course for tesla"? or "would any other marque allow somebody to go over a year without a repair" the answers are yes and no

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ablative radar countermeasures lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
chaff deployers that create a radar signature equivalent to an aluminum bodied spruce goose