Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Not sure who to believe anymore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

FAUXTON posted:

Elon's digging a hole faster than his stock price

You could say he's boring a hole

mewse
May 2, 2006

*chuckles* water is a basic component of life, short seller

mewse
May 2, 2006

*musk wearing moustache* I'd like to speak to your friend about the bad posts he made about Mr. Musk

mewse
May 2, 2006

President Beep posted:

i'd bank on trump/musk instead.

Trump And The Apprentice

mewse
May 2, 2006

Is there a term for the logical fallacy of "If you knew what I know, you'd see you were wrong"

mewse
May 2, 2006

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I’ve never met a nice South African

There were a bunch of south africans in lethal weapon 2 and they were bad hombres

mewse
May 2, 2006

from british gossip rag popbitch:

quote:

>> Elon-gate <<
Out of sight; out of life

Elon Musk has been doubling down on calling a British rescue diver a paedophile, suggesting that because the diver didn't try to sue him there must be some truth to his allegation (a legal argument that even we aren't stupid enough to try...)

It's easy to mock Musk, but it's worth remembering that he isn't the most articulate when it comes to explaining himself.

For example, when he and Talulah Riley split, rather than get into any long conversations about the break-up, or the heartache, or any of the emotional unpleasantness that such a separation inevitably involves, he simply told people that she was dead.

Including his kids.

mewse
May 2, 2006

President Beep posted:

it's definitely some flavor of being shot into space.

aim it at the sun

mewse
May 2, 2006

gschmidl posted:

No firing yourself into the sun though.

drat

mewse
May 2, 2006

didn't spock get fired into the sun in one of the movies? we can just do that. make it happen team! no, I've already made the decision. my decisions per hour is very high.

mewse
May 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmZ1UPGlhoE

mewse
May 2, 2006

muskie :allears:

mewse
May 2, 2006

do your fuckin research, journo scum *pastes link to google search for thai child sex*

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

it should work like a katamari and when a state's population gets to some multiple of the one beside it the smaller one gets absorbed

that's just common sense imo

mewse
May 2, 2006

- I wonder if he loses standing because he benefitted from Muskie tanking the stock rather than taking losses

- Tesla fanboys are willfully ignorant that there's a legal definition for "secured funding", I watched people on Slashdot link the legal definition and still have the TSLA koolaid drinkers saying "wrong, there are many definitions of funding secured"

mewse
May 2, 2006

mewse
May 2, 2006

finance journos can't look away from the garbage fire

mewse
May 2, 2006

bob dobbs is dead posted:

but, importantly, it doesn't denigrate the actually mentally handicapped

Yes but as a stupid person I feel personally attacked

mewse
May 2, 2006

It's fine, he didn't inhale

mewse
May 2, 2006

infernal machines posted:

you may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Is that thresh

mewse
May 2, 2006

oh yeah, you know how the rails got ripped out of the freemont plant and now tesla has to ship everything by truck?

https://twitter.com/EgoEquus/status/1038852121574170624

mewse
May 2, 2006

Imagine discovering the security system you're investigating was publicly compromised 13 years ago

mewse
May 2, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

Lead acid batteries age by sulfatation which can be reversed with good chargers. They also don't age nearly as much when they are topped off regularly.

My bike batteries are between 3 and 10 years old. One of my cars developed an internal short in the battery last winter, but that was after 8 years of battery life.

I just bought a bike+battery this year, it's conventional lead acid, bringing it inside and putting it on a trickle charger for the winter should keep it alive right?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

I have a garage in the house so I just put charging ports on the bikes and swap the charger around every couple weeks in the winter.

There are cheap trickle chargers wirh 1amp or so that will do plenty fine if you just leave them attached for storage. I only got bigger chargers so I swap them around and make sure the cars stay topped off as well.

Also i doubt that even if you use liquid acid that you have an open battery. Most of them are sealed from the factory nowadays so no worries about evaporation

It's definitely open, it shipped dry and I had to add the acid myself. It's got a vent hole.

Not a big deal because you can see the acid line thru the translucent plastic and topping it up with distilled water should be super easy if I ever have to.

I've got one of those cheapo trickle chargers, I'll probably leave it hooked up the entire winter.

mewse
May 2, 2006

President Beep posted:

it looks so...orderly.

It's like some kinda established industry where they aren't building cars in tents

mewse
May 2, 2006

GenJoe posted:

what in the living gently caress is a spur

small pieces of bone that prevent you getting sent to 'nam

e: f,b

mewse
May 2, 2006

Tesla's Finance Team Is Losing Another Top Executive

mewse
May 2, 2006

person A: I don't understand this stereotype
person B: You can better understand it when you look at its historical context
person A: you cis bigot. you insufferable fuckstick

mewse
May 2, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

apparently tesla sent out an ota that broke everyone autopilot lol

having a software company make a car is a loving mistake

mewse
May 2, 2006

“funding is secured” can have multiple meanings guys

mewse
May 2, 2006

Early Adopting

mewse
May 2, 2006

no yOU SHUT THE gently caress UP MOM!!!

mewse
May 2, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

i genuinely don't understand why teslas can't be put into neutral without power. it's a goddamned electric car. with no power it should just coast like a skateboard

Presumably if you're on a mountain road and your car bluescreens you would want it to start braking instead of turning into a skateboard. Do teslas have manual emergency brakes?

mewse
May 2, 2006

mom please don’t try to tell me there’s a problem with my new car sitting in a rail yard for a month. the CEO tweeted me personally saying it will be fine.

mewse
May 2, 2006

ADINSX posted:

just ride a motorcycle, in the event of a crash you'll be safely thrown from danger (you will unsafely land, possibly into a different danger, but details)

Can't get trapped in a burning car if your sagging flesh absorbs all the impact

mewse
May 2, 2006

your honor I would suggest you do your research. do you know what the #1 industry in pattaya is. case closed

mewse
May 2, 2006

hey guys, guess who's being investigated by the DOJ for misleading public statements re: his company

Donald Trump?

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

take it from me: its all fun and games until her sporocysts destroy your host gonads, inducing parasitic castration

Mods please rename me castrating sporocysts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

ate all the Oreos posted:

it has to stream all your clothes data to ~the cloud~ in order to take 10 minutes to fold a single shirt, and it didn't even work on my shirt.

in conclusion, it's amazing and great because it has an app. i am a reporter who is paid to do this

Can't wait to be subjugated by inept laundry folding robots