Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Teal posted:

Back below 200 in daytrading for now!

my man. this number go down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Murphy
Sep 9, 2001

I like him in spite of the fact that he's not me.

Teal posted:

Tbqh I'd really, really love to get my hands on the motor or a couple, specifically.

If they do end up going tits up by 2020, I am absolutely getting a Model 3 and having a LA mod shop chop off the top and make it into a glorified golf cart for me.

I live in a huge golf community but haven't played a single game. That will be my inspiration to take it up.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

there’s already a whole scene of people buying the Tesla’s for the motor / batteries and fitting it in other cars and they’re all awesome.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
love the stock

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

man I guess that SEC ruling has some sort of teeth because Elon would have gone batshit over the stock dropping this much on Twitter by now

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Number19 posted:

man I guess that SEC ruling has some sort of teeth because Elon would have gone batshit over the stock dropping this much on Twitter by now

Yeah, before it had a pretty big loophole, and the settlement allowed the SEC to close it.

That or he knows he's hosed and gone radio silent on it.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oops just ticked below 196

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is it all FUD? Put a deposit down but now I'm worried.

I put a deposit down on a 3 SR+. Delivery date is May 30 (but no VIN). I'm reading all sorts of doom and gloom out there. Is it FUD? Or is buying a Tesla like knowingly buying something experimental and it may not be here in a year? I'm honestly trying to make sense of this. Probably posting to the Tesla sub isn't the most objective source but I'd appreciate any realism to ground my expectations please.

Sorry if this doesn't belong here.

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/markbspiegel/status/1131218691830571008?s=19

:munch:

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

iospace posted:

Yeah, before it had a pretty big loophole, and the settlement allowed the SEC to close it.

That or he knows he's hosed and gone radio silent on it.

they must have a lawyer following him around 24/7 who swats his nose with a newspaper every time he starts typing a forbidden tweet

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

:rip:

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

that sounds bad

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

down! down! down!

I will personally be signing off on every 10th expense from my private jet on my way to and from work every morning

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Ben Murphy posted:

If they do end up going tits up by 2020, I am absolutely getting a Model 3 and having a LA mod shop chop off the top and make it into a glorified golf cart for me.

I live in a huge golf community but haven't played a single game. That will be my inspiration to take it up.

tbh I think they look good as convertibles

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

mods please change the thread icon to

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

I have good news for you there, then!

I hope you don't mind hosing some blood out, though.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lWJXDG2i0A

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
L, and I can't stress this enough, mao

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
4d strategy

Dezinus
Jun 4, 2006

How unsightly.

quote:

I do want to buy a self-driving capable electric car. And Telsa is the only option on the market right now that may (one day) provide that.

?????

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

see? That's pretty sharp looking, and I'm a person who hates the way roofed Teslas look.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
Come onnnnnnn sub 190 is doable today! I gotta believe!

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Help! I have laughed my rear end off and I love it!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

lmao "its antisemitic to criticize tesla" might actually kill me dead

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Tesla going down while lmaos are going up up up

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Tesla going down while lmaos are going up up up

like Nero playing the slide whistle as Rome burns.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

we got him this time you guys!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

[chanting growing louder] MARGIN CALL MARGIN CALL MARGIN CALL

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
picturing musk with a pen+paper notepad of all the tweets he could be sending out right now, sliding them under the board room door but ignoring the paper shredder noises

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Plotting a Face/Off scenario with the absolute unit twitter hire to circumvent the SEC settlement.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Hire Azaelia Banks to run the Tesla account imo.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Elon Musk is horking down on a hamburger on the floor of the Tesla factory as we speak

Poco
Jul 17, 2005

....I am a Tariff Man

Lmfao look out we got a big brain boy over here

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
you know, I initially was disappointed with the whole SEC thing

But in hindsight, gagging his twitter account was some 5D chess move

He must be loving livid, just pacing around like a lunatic.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/1131154623480377344

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1026892550337122304

Teal
Feb 25, 2013

by Nyc_Tattoo
It just occoured to me that that Tesla going under is the only possible way the cars (or specifically the select few lucky pieces that don't have something important irreparably broken from production) might appreciate in value (in horizon of +15 years after they become collectible).

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
pheweeee hit 194 today and there's still time for him to do something dumb while the markets open

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Teal posted:

It just occoured to me that that Tesla going under is the only possible way the cars (or specifically the select few lucky pieces that don't have something important irreparably broken from production) might appreciate in value (in horizon of +15 years after they become collectible).

Are there cars we consider collectible now from the 2003-4 era?

Not being snarky, I'm honestly wondering.