Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

The autopilot speeding up to kiss the Subaru is a boring repeat of every Tesla video. The airbag not deploying in a 20mph crash is a new fun twist. Although not completely unprecedented after reading up a bit on airbag standards.

35 I think is the minimum an airbag is required to deploy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

infernal machines posted:

you get your bumper replaced yet?

fender and windshield and no lol

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I love that the guy didn't even attempt to take over and stab the brakes when the Tesla decided to take the exit at 70.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

I don't understand this poo poo. There has been HUNDREDS of people posting videos about the roofs leaking, but Tesla can't be bothered to at least put a drat host at the end of the line to make sure the roofs don't leak?

I know I know, the answer is always incompetence.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Parity warning posted:

elon musk is a dumb rear end in a top hat and i strongly dislike him

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Can't even cook the books enough to fake a profit. :sad:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
A guy on twitter got this email LOL

https://twitter.com/Shot_of_Jager/status/1121445127971590144

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I can hear the short sellers cumming from here!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

It should be crashing harder, instead it'll probably go back up on monday

I bet 200 is the magic number for a death spiral. So so so many people buy at even numbers.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol, lowest the stock has been in 2 years. They survived 2016 though when it hit $151

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
How many CEO's would have been drawn and quartered by their respective boards for having their stock drop over 100 points in less than 6 months?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Back up to 234, go lower drat it!

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol how many people have actually received their solar panels so far? I think that’s their biggest grift of all.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That thread is good for that one goon who was a Tesla fanboy, bought a M3, had life happen, and is now being perma-hosed by non existent replacement part to the point he’s getting lawyers involved to get his car fixed.

he still loves the car, though :lol:

that’s me.

As I said, the car itself is fun to drive, although I really like the Volt and want a Polestar2. The company itself is horseshit.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nothus posted:

What's the nonexistent part?

A loving fender lmao

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

I have a T8 in my XC60 and I really like Volvo's electric engine implementation. The Polestar 2 looks awesome!

And holy poo poo I just checked in on the Polestar 1 wow that looks amazing.

The 2 is going to be my next car. I have had 3 Volvo’s in my life and I have loved them all. my 2011 S40 has close to 300,000 miles on it and still runs strong. Gave it to the daughter a year ago and still no issues. just basic maintenance.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Didn’t want to namecall but sorry you’re going through that poo poo. It’s really hilarious to see from the outside. I’ve been looking at EVs for close to a year now and I keep going back to the Ioniq. It looks real nice and has pretty much all I’d need and the range is plenty for what I’ll be be using it for.

It is hilarious, don’t worry. If the 3 had been made by a competent car company, it would probably be the best EV ever made for years running. It also wouldn’t have terrible quality issues and bumpers that fall off I. the rain lol.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Nothus posted:

Holy lol they can't replace basic body parts. That loving sucks man.

A windshield took 2.5 months.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Rex-Goliath posted:

also computers straight up arent progressing in performance nearly as fast as they used to so there genuinely isnt as much of a reason to upgrade these days.

Yeah, the difference between an iphone 2g and 3gs was incredible.

The difference between a 6s and Xs isn't nearly as much.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
rofl, I had my lawyer send them an email saying I was going to lemon law the drat thing because of the fender issue. The body shop called me a few hours later saying Tesla gave him a tracking number.

In short, if you want your fender, you have to spend $100 for a lawyer to send an email.

If the wrong fender arrives, I am going to not be surprised.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

TheFluff posted:

it's annoying that it's so relatively high though. if it stays at this level through q2 worldwide they might actually survive the quarter :smith:

If they survive just long enough for me to get my 3 back and sell it I will be happy.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

WhyteRyce posted:

I like how they can't choose between the "this is fake, summon feature doesn't go fast enough to do this kind of damage" and "well it was summoned and no driver hence no reason to deploy airbags"

Airbags don’t deploy below 35MPH. on all cars.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

every now and then i remember the interior of the roadster and i laugh

I hate defending this stupid company, but that's probably just a prototype interior. (Oh god I'm going to be wrong and they are going to make it just like that aren't they?)

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Hey, remember when Tesla promised to help Puerta Rico with solar panels after the hurricane? They left the panels and batteries to rot. That’s a lol.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/elon-musk-tesla-puerto-rico-renewable-energy_n_5ca51e99e4b082d775dfec35

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Siljmonster posted:

hey morons we already had a reusable space rocket it was called the "space shuttle" and it also killed a lot of people

the space shuttle isn’t a rocket. :confused:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

infernal machines posted:

okay, how about the DC-X?

It was a prototype and never in production? :confused:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
lol I get my 3 back today, and I am going to immediately put it on the market so another idiot can buy the drat thing and deal with Tesla's incompetence.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Agronox posted:

if you dont mindif it isnt too personalcan you let us know what kind of depreciation hit you take? kinda curious

Yeah for sure. Probably around 5k after my tax credit or so. Once I sell I will give a final answer.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Ben Murphy posted:

I'm actually about to sell my Jeep this week, but if you let me know where you are, do you mind if I park it next to your 3 for a while so when it explodes we can both have our insurance buy us new cars?

Western Michigan, let's do this.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Failson posted:

Tesla stock up today, because of course.

Yeah, but the YTD is a big bag of LOL

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Got the car back finally:

Things the body shop did right:
- Body panels align better
- Paint looks decent

Things they did badly:
- They "buffed" the new paint and now it's hologramed to poo poo and back.
- They missed a scratch on the review mirror.

Other notes:
- The car still fun to drive because electric is fun to drive.
- Automatic headlights are still absolute horseshit.
- My 2011 S40 has less road/wind noise than this thing, holy hell I forgot about how bad the 3's are with road/wind noise.

I'm going to call the body shop to see if they will fix their shoddy buff job, and then I will put it on the market.

One other thing: I find the S40 more fun to drive because I can flog it and it's light and small. I think I am going to get a 2014/2015 V60 Polestar.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Streak posted:

It's so god drat funny that things have been on an almost 100% downhill slide since that tweet.

What a loving moron lmfao

Are you saying this dumb loving shithead should have just kept his mouth shut and let his underlings handle all the important things??????

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
4.20% awww yeah

edit:
4.21% AWWW YEAH

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
So what's the over/under of when number starts spiraling down?

I'm taking 180 as the under.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Streak posted:

Some idiot is convinced that California will outright ban ICE vehicles and therefore everyone's gonna rush out and buy a Tesla lol

Just.... Lol

That would be the second stage of grief, maybe the 4th.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
If it hits 200 today I am going to smoke a huge bowl in honor of this horrendous company making GBS threads itself to death.

If not, I will smoke a huge bowl because I was planning on it either way.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Saddle up boys, it's near 210! :woop:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Motherfuckers act like they forgot about TSLA.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I still say 180 is the under when it craters. :getin:

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

bring back old gbs posted:

I dont know if it even exists outside of CG renders and autoshows but the only correct EV choice is a Volvo Polestar imo:

:eyepop: god daaaaaayum

I too want this very very badly, and I too think its the best EV there will be. It's a shame they don't offer Polestar blue.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
198 pre market. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I'm still holding strong that 180 is when it starts to tank.