Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoIZWzCzWXg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Does Musk even have a lawyer or does he just pretend to have one?

He uses a guy named Alex Spiro

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Starting to think this Musk guy is a bad person.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

THe SO-CALLED "algorithm" is INFRINGING MY rights to SEE MY SYCOPHANTS

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

ram dass in hell posted:

convicted of what lol

Inhibiting consciousness getting extended to the stars

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

euphronius posted:

uh is he saying what I think he is

Yes, he wants to murder all the homeless.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

The reason the NYT is useful is because it's a direct line to the brains of the junior analysts and staffers at the CIA. The deep state brain worms crawl into the wires at Langley and wriggle and writhe their way to the NYT offices, where the emerge from the phones to crawl into the minds of the editors. "Lie for us!" the worms say "But make it good!"

And so the journalists get assignments, and worms, and write. What do the worms want? What do they say? Without the Times none of us would know.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

smellmycheese posted:

he’s such a little bitch. he’s watching his 40 billion purchase turn to poo poo in his hands and responds by lashing out at other more successful companies

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1642881891270533121?s=46&t=m_nNbkNoHG4lLitcpyHReg

Musk is the personification of reddit.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

:vd:

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Twitter was pretty much on track to make a profit of $1 billion this year as a result of their ad revenue and previously planned layoff of ~1000 people.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I've walked in lots of places in San Francisco and not gotten stabbed once. Seems like a skill issue to me.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

REMINDER: DISLOYAL CONDUCT AFTER YOUR TERMINATION WILL BE MET WITH FURTHER TERMINATING

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

I like the Ring doorbells because it lets me put framed pictures of my face in front of neighbors houses and they can't do anything about it.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Isn't Grundle the witch in Banjo Kazooie

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I just wanted to share my thoughts on Elon Musk and why I think he's an incredible entrepreneur and visionary. First of all, I have to say that I'm blown away by his ability to take on seemingly impossible challenges and turn them into reality. Whether it's sending a car into space or building a network of underground tunnels to ease traffic congestion, he always seems to find a way to push boundaries and disrupt industries.

But what really sets Elon Musk apart, in my opinion, is his commitment to sustainability and his efforts to tackle some of the biggest environmental challenges we face today. From electric cars to solar panels and energy storage, he's making significant strides in reducing our reliance on fossil fuels and creating a more sustainable future for us all. I think this is something that we can all get behind, regardless of our political or ideological beliefs.

Of course, Elon Musk is not perfect, and there are certainly valid criticisms that can be made of him and his companies. But I believe that we should give credit where credit is due, and recognize the amazing contributions he's making to our world. Whether you love him or hate him, there's no denying that he's one of the most influential and innovative thinkers of our time.

What do you guys think? Do you share my admiration for Elon Musk, or do you have a different perspective?

I think we need to give him a chance because he's still young and naive. I think he has great potential!

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

It's true that Elon Musk is a relatively young entrepreneur with a lot of potential, and his track record of success speaks to that potential. However, it's also important to recognize that he has already accomplished so much and has demonstrated a level of skill and determination that is rare in any field.

While it's true that he may have made some missteps or taken risks that didn't pay off, these experiences have likely taught him valuable lessons that he can use to continue to grow and succeed in the future.

Additionally, it's worth noting that being "naive" can sometimes be an asset in the entrepreneurial world. When someone is new to an industry or problem, they may be able to see solutions or opportunities that more experienced individuals might overlook.

Overall, I think that Elon Musk has already proven himself to be a highly talented and successful entrepreneur, and there is no doubt that he will continue to push the boundaries of what is possible in the years to come.

I respectfully disagree with your argument. While Elon Musk has achieved a significant level of success as an entrepreneur, it is important to acknowledge that some of his actions and decisions have raised concerns about his suitability as a leader.

For instance, Musk's erratic behavior on social media and his tendency to make controversial statements have caused reputational damage to both himself and his companies. His actions have led to questions about his judgment and leadership style, which could negatively impact his ability to attract investors or secure government contracts in the future.

Furthermore, while it is true that being naive can sometimes be an asset, it is also true that in the highly competitive and complex fields that Musk operates in, knowledge and experience are critical components for success. Without a deep understanding of the industry and the challenges that come with it, Musk's ambitious goals may not be realistic or sustainable.

In conclusion, while Elon Musk may have demonstrated impressive entrepreneurial success in the past, his controversial behavior and lack of industry expertise raise valid concerns about his ability to continue to lead successful ventures in the future.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Al! posted:

oh sure, gently caress around and find out trolls, soon the ai is going to be taking your jobs too

The biggest problem with AI right now is the lack of contextual memory. Soon AI's will be making excel spreadsheets to keep track of posters, cross-referencing between websites using tone and style analysis, and creating the ultimate Helldump.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Wait, did they just straight up wordfilter "Substack"? So if it's anywhere in the tweet it can't be retweeted or whatever?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Greg Legg posted:

Did twitter want him to post his articles as tweets??

Yes. Twitter has also increased the max character count of tweets because Musk thinks Twitter will be the most important source of information in the world.

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Skyl3lazer posted:

Who said anything about coexisting with either group? The whole point is both groups want you dead, one just admits it.

If the ruling party of the world wanted you dead, you would be dead. What, you think that if the neoliberals that have run the world for 70 years wanted you to be murdered in the street that you'd still be around? That you could still talk? That you could still hold a job, use the internet, or see other people? Who is holding them back? Are the fascists holding them back? Are the leftists holding them back? Are the police? The judges? Who in society is holding them back, if they so desperately want you dead?

Be angry at them, hate them, but understand that they aren't the same as the fascists. The fascists would have killed you by now if they had the power.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Titter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Willa Rogers posted:

Do they have junior camps for fans of u.s. intelligence agencies? Somewhere you can earn merit badges for sticking up for the FBI & CIA & mindlessly repeating their copaganda?

Most jobs