Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
clearly not a horse

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense
im an expat in poland and it it is a pretty chill place

ITT we discuss all things poland
* pierogi
* dumb alphabet
* pronouncing przemysl
* i hear polish girls are good looking?????
* jan pawel the second

EDIT: It seems that this forum does not support cool polish letters in the title oh well!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShortStack

tinystax
i kind of dated a polish girl once

FluffieDuckie

would you like me to clean up your title for you? i kind of like it like it is so i'm torn

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

The X-man cometh
Jan Sobieski and his Winged Hussars were amazing badasses.

clearly not a horse

undue butt brutality is not a criminal offense

FluffieDuckie posted:

would you like me to clean up your title for you? i kind of like it like it is so i'm torn

the title reflects the readability of polish in general pretty well imo

alnilam

ShortStack posted:

i kind of dated a polish girl once

me 2 she was really nice and cool but like all my high school relationships it fell apart bc I lived in rural hell with no real way of hanging out with anyone

alnilam

Poland seems pretty cool also iirc cz = "ch" and sz = "sh" just a little tip 4 u

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i have a friend who is polish and after many, many years i still cannot pronounce her last name right.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I have a buddy from high school whose last name is Czapansky, pronounced SUH-SPAN-SKI. Poland is the best for linguistic wtf.

In Poland, do you have meat and vegetable dumplings like in Ukraine and Russia? How are they prepared? Pierogi not withstanding.

MockingQuantum

my dad's side of the family is czech so I feel for you on the strange language front, we're pretty certain that r and l are vowels after all

for some reason my grandma had a framed picture of lech walesa up on the wall, near her pic of vaclav havel. I never found out why.

she also made pierogi all the time, not knedliky. all of this makes me suspect my family has secret poles a couple of generations back

thank you luvcow for the sig

Piso Mojado

pierogis are dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ulvir

i've only been to krakow during what you yanks call junior high through The White Buses, so my memories of poland is mostly grim, except for the wieliczka salt mines which has a really rad underground cathedral carved out from the rocks

• Locked thread