Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Never going to update because he is chain probated forever.

And I can't take over because it's not loving out on Steam yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

nine-gear crow posted:

He died as he lived, making USPOL really loving mad.
As epitaphs go, I've seen worse.

RIP.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Speaking of, any word of a Steam Release date yet?

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!

Deptfordx posted:

Speaking of, any word of a Steam Release date yet?

from the last Steam update: "Fingers crossed, we’re hoping to have Six Ages ready around the end of spring of this year!"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JanPospisil posted:

from the last Steam update: "Fingers crossed, we’re hoping to have Six Ages ready around the end of spring of this year!"

So Juneish?

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

I think that could be what end of spring means, sure.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

JanPospisil posted:

I think that could be what end of spring means, sure.

I live in upside down world. The end of spring for me is November :colbert:

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
What is this "spring"? I only know Sea Season.

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Gridlocked posted:

I live in upside down world. The end of spring for me is November :colbert:

Ah, gotcha. I think we do offer a southern hemisphere option which turns the UI upside down.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

JanPospisil posted:

Ah, gotcha. I think we do offer a southern hemisphere option which turns the UI upside down.
Do Dara Happans have indoor plumbing? Because I'm very particular about the direction of the swirling, you know.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.
Besides the Guide and the Sourcebook, are there any other good lore books for Glorantha?

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Yeah I’ll second this question, all the online resources I’ve found are pretty skimpy.

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

The Lore of Glorantha blog is a surprisingly solid, if scattershot, resource.

In terms of books...

Among the recent Runequest Glorantha books, the Bestiary has a lot of lore about monsters and the elder races, and the GM Screen Pack has a ton of info about the Colymar tribe.

Among older, easily available books: Sartar: Kingdom of Heroes, The Sartar Companion, and Pavis: Gateway to Adventure are all very solid and more-or-less canonical.

After that there's the Stafford Library, which is a loosely edited collection of texts about an extremely broad slice of Glorantha, with varying degrees of cannonicity. From that, The Book of Heortling Mythology is still the single best source of actual myths from the setting. Beyond that, The History of the Heortling People is good, and the others in the collection are all interesting but more out of date or poorly edited.

Oh, and King of Sartar is there if you want to know the future history of the setting.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

There are some other decent web resources, too. I would recommend one them here, which I remember being really good and containing tons of errata... except the last time I looked at it was years ago and I simply do not recommend the name.

So I'll do the next-best thing: I'll describe how I remember it looking. The entire thing was a site in plain grey with black, smallish-sized text - real Geocities or Angelfire style, you know that kind of thing. The article I read that I remember the most was about ogres, about how they're basically a variety of chaos-touched humans and detailling their culture, worldview and secret society.

If you stumble across it, you'll probably recognize it with that description. I'll keep an eye out over the next few days and edit it in here if I find what I was talking about, so check out this post every so often.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Kulkasha posted:

Besides the Guide and the Sourcebook, are there any other good lore books for Glorantha?

the best introductions are the actual game books, they handle stuff at an introductory level rather than the encyclopedia stuff.

Cardiovorax posted:

There are some other decent web resources, too. I would recommend one them here, which I remember being really good and containing tons of errata... except the last time I looked at it was years ago and I simply do not recommend the name.

So I'll do the next-best thing: I'll describe how I remember it looking. The entire thing was a site in plain grey with black, smallish-sized text - real Geocities or Angelfire style, you know that kind of thing. The article I read that I remember the most was about ogres, about how they're basically a variety of chaos-touched humans and detailling their culture, worldview and secret society.

If you stumble across it, you'll probably recognize it with that description. I'll keep an eye out over the next few days and edit it in here if I find what I was talking about, so check out this post every so often.

There are a lot of old fansites, although it's probably worth checking whether it's from the actual studios or from fans adding stuff. I know Your Glorantha Will Vary but still

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Wrestlepig posted:

There are a lot of old fansites, although it's probably worth checking whether it's from the actual studios or from fans adding stuff. I know Your Glorantha Will Vary but still
It was nearly ten years ago around the time of the original Mystic Mongol KoDP Let's Play, so that's a fair point and people probably should check that first. The site I remember also had a lot of resources about other things, like a whole breakdown of the Mostali war against the machine god, so I don't think it was fan stuff, but still, take care.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
No more Prince of Satar
No more LP because GreyJoy has gone mad
No PC release of Six Ages

Truly we are in the darkest timeline.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Gridlocked posted:

No more Prince of Satar
No more LP because GreyJoy has gone mad
No PC release of Six Ages

Truly we are in the darkest timeline.

As of a few days ago, it looks like it's still going forward on PC and Mac. They just announced it's in Alpha and they're working on bugs.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
What happened to Prince of Sartar?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

It hasn't been updated since February 2018, so presumably it has gone the way of all webcomics.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Old webcomics never die. They just go on a brief hiatus while the author works on a cool side project, check back often for updates! (posted July 2009)

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

On this case the side projects are other glorantha things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
If you’re interested in that story, pick up King of Sartar, Greg Stafford’s novel that was mostly getting adapted. Kind of a bummer not to get the whole Battle for the Cradle, even if there’s the adventure module you can play through with your own guys.

There’s also a lot of Glorantha going on right now. The Gods and Goddesses book alone is going to be huge, and the new rpg is solid. If only I could get info about Heroquest:Fonrit but it’s probably just me asking for that.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Jun 30, 2019