Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
Ritual -> Nyalda

I failed to get a screenshot of the various options (Busenari, Dostal, Erissa, Nyalda, Spirits, I think), but it turns out the ritual was free. No clan mood boost but our relations presumably went up.

Well. Not free, exactly.

Endarei 12, Late Storm Season

I recommend that we do something now that we can't do in Dark. Weather in Storm is a little trickier than in Sea-Fire-Earth, but not a big problem.

- Send an emissary to give gifts to somebody. I'll do a followup vote on this if it wins.
- Seek an alliance with somebody. The only clan with whom this would be virtually guaranteed to work are the Brilliant Hoof, who are not our neighbors.
- Seek a trade route with somebody. We have no exotic goods (usually obtained by searching our clan lands), but our first caravan to a given clan is generally received favorably, they may themselves be seeking trading partners, and we have no trading partners and therefore no annual market.
- Send a caravan to make a one-off trade with somebody. As above, our first caravan is generally received favorably, whether it's for a trade route or a single trade session. We have enough goods and food to trade for herds right now, to my mind.
Specifically, the circle informs me that we are no longer suffering a year-by-year food yield shortage, and we haven't even restored our pastures yet. Note: sending a caravan to every clan of a certain culture increases our trade route cap by 1. Similarly, sending an emissary to every clan of a certain culture increases our alliance cap by 1. Each of these may also make it easier to trade with / befriend that culture.
- Explore our clan lands.
- Write in something else.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jul 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Explore our clan lands.

Reminder to anyone voting that, presumably like in KODP, our clan lands are bigger than you'd think, including lots of wildlands along with the parts we actually live and work on. It'd be more obvious if you could see clan borders, but I'm not sure if that's a UI feature here.

GladRagKraken
Mar 27, 2010
Explore our lands, hopefully we can find something worth trading.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
We need trade routes desperately. Max out our trading partners

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Haifisch posted:

Explore our clan lands.

Reminder to anyone voting that, presumably like in KODP, our clan lands are bigger than you'd think, including lots of wildlands along with the parts we actually live and work on. It'd be more obvious if you could see clan borders, but I'm not sure if that's a UI feature here.

Clan borders pop up and highlight as you click around the map but I believe there's no always-on feature for them

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Haifisch posted:

Explore our clan lands.

It is! You can click clan names and

uh

i don't know how to show your own borders, but let me go figure it out.

Edit: It does in fact pop up when you start the explore instruction, thought that might be the case.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 19, 2018

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
The Brilliant Hoof would go well with the Blazing Goats, methinks. Seek an alliance.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
We are sandwiches by other tribes, better get ally

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

theshim posted:

The Brilliant Hoof would go well with the Blazing Goats, methinks. Seek an alliance.

Raid-related very mild spoiler: The Aryash-Tev are our only non-Rider neighbors, so the Brilliant Hoof would be a good choice if we decide the Aryash-Tev are our designated bludgeonees in the future. They'd be less useful than a direct neighbor for keeping us forewarned on defense, though.

Jesenjin
Nov 12, 2011
Explore our clan lands.

Knowedge is power

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jesenjin posted:

Explore our clan lands.

Knowedge is power

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Jesenjin posted:

Explore our clan lands.

Knowedge is power

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Jesenjin posted:

Explore our clan lands.

Knowedge is power

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

Explore our lands! And hope there's loot we can sell.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I'm glad to see they fixed/are fixing a couple things that annoyed me with the Steam KODP release, like the UI(which was technically functional but obviously not adjusted for the mobile->PC transition) & the lack of additional save slots. Now if only it were 2019 already.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Those fabulous riches and ancient and powerful artifacts won't find themselves. Explore our lands.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I failed to get a screenshot of the various options (Busenari, Dostal, Erissa, Nyalda, Spirits, I think, but it turns out the ritual was free. No clan mood boost but our relations presumably went up.

turns out I was wrong :doh:

Anyway, trade routes gets us to annual market and maybe we’ll get some before the year ends

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

turns out I was wrong :doh:

Anyway, trade routes gets us to annual market and maybe we’ll get some before the year ends

It gave us Fields Magic Stress though. :saddowns:

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Whats the point of being in an unknown land if you dont go exploratin

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Haifisch posted:

I'm glad to see they fixed/are fixing a couple things that annoyed me with the Steam KODP release, like the UI(which was technically functional but obviously not adjusted for the mobile->PC transition) & the lack of additional save slots. Now if only it were 2019 already.

Read this wrong and had to frantically re-read the AMA to find where he said tht they were going to fix the touchscreen crap and add multiple save slots to Steam KODP.

He didn't. :(

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Explore our tula village.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Take the goats out for a walk.

Maybe they'll find something!

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Explore our goat pasturage.

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

Explore!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Explore is very popular, with "and we also like trade routes" being secondary - I may do a 1-2 season update tonight, depending on the Event Gods. I hope I get a Late Storm event, because otherwise I have to handle Sacred Time and also want to start opening things up a little in terms of mechanicsplaining after our first year quasi-tutorial, but I definitely cannot be bothered to do the latter tonight.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Jul 20, 2018

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Yeah, I'm voting for New Trade Route as well- it's a guaranteed thing, whereas there is a chance we might waste a turn poking at rocks for nothing.

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi
Saw this thread, got really excited when I realized this was finally out, got the game. Started to play and had a horrible, terrifying realization. Are we Horse Spawn??

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

GreyjoyBastard posted:

It gave us Fields Magic Stress though. :saddowns:

Well it did say it was taxing. So I guess we got what we asked for?

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Nightgull posted:

Saw this thread, got really excited when I realized this was finally out, got the game. Started to play and had a horrible, terrifying realization. Are we Horse Spawn??

As mentioned previously no we aren't. Were like their great great great grand parents or something

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Gridlocked posted:

As mentioned previously no we aren't. Were like their great great great grand parents or something

more like great great great great grand aunts and uncles

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."

Nightgull posted:

We're close to them but I'm pretty sure we're the ancestors of Harmast, one of the best of the best of the best of Orlanthi, which would make for an incredible 6 age arc. If we're who I remember us being from the Guide our descendants choices could make for one of the greatest Total War games ever conceived. The Bearded Wind vs the Larnsting's and the true Storm Voices+vampires+trolls+dragons+I loving hope we get a game set in the first age.

Long live Arkat Kingtroll or whatever the gently caress he is/was.

TGG fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jul 20, 2018

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Do you desire a trade agreement with the Blazing Goats?

Nightgull
Jan 22, 2018

TOTALLY NOT A CONSERVATIVE
or a fucking nazi

Gridlocked posted:

Disgusting.

cheetah7071 posted:

more like great great great great grand aunts and uncles

Slightly better, but being related to those pieces of poo poo makes me want to vomit.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Is there a particular reason both games thus far are focused on the dullest parts of the setting?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Xander77 posted:

Is there a particular reason both games thus far are focused on the dullest parts of the setting?

Dragon Pass and the Kerofinelea region in general is the crossroads of Genertela and is the place most fans of the setting are familiar with.

JanPospisil
Jul 27, 2013

Ask me about Verethragna!

Xander77 posted:

1) They're really not.
2) Yes. Dragon Pass is very well explored in the pnp games and other writing. The sun nomads are important in the overall big history.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul

Xander77 posted:

What would you prefer exactly?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
I assume Sun nomad is only part 1 of the six age saga to establish the origin.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

andrew smash posted:

What would you prefer exactly?
Literally anything that isn't hillbilly clan simulator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Xander77 posted:

Literally anything that isn't hillbilly clan simulator?

??? we're not in the hills tho