Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again

LGD posted:

he very much isn't dead at this point in time :ssh:

Nah he's dead. But then again what is time? Despite this we're still loyal children of Yelm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Nyalda doesn't really deal with food. There are other gods that do that.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Oh yeah they're both cool just thought I should say that description for Nyalda is actually a little misleading. She won't be directly blessing crops or anything.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Okay, hear me out here. When Erissa first sang the Bone Mending Ballad for Keskor Breng sounds like a choice for pacifists, for wimps. But those well versed in magic can tell you that singing is the most effective way to harness its power, and a clan with powerful knowledge of magic can put that toward a great many things. Why limit ourselves to one area of expertise when we can use magic to be adept at many?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
The Rams worship the upstart god who killed our glorious Yelm, they must pay!

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
We are diplomats and what facilitates diplomacy better than beer.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Who the gently caress is Urox? Some cow that hates us a little less than he hates chaos? Let me remind you we are loyal children of Yelm, and Elmal has protected his divine seat since Yelm's strange disappearance.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Game mechanics spoilers Buseryan gives you a unique temple with his own blessing, but it seemed really useless in the game that I picked that option, and even more so in a lp where you can just look back at previous events. That being said even though I voted for another option I hope we're devout Buseryan worshipers who run it all the time so I can see if I've been underestimating it. All the others just give you extra goods, beer might make trade routes easier to establish given the text you get associated with that. Goods are very important for sacrifices early on though, which makes options like nyalda over yelm way better in my opinion (I voted for yelm).

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
We should probably get some info on who these people in the clan ring actually are and see if we should replace some. A couple probably won't be appearing for long. In the meantime let's Finish Houses. We can't have leaky roofs and whatnot.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Surehot Not only do we gain more food from hunting, but this also increases the effectiveness of our bows. Dostal is a new god for us but one very worthy of our worship.

BTW I was trying to post this from my phone during the ring vote but I guess it didn't go through or I just didn't hit post in the preview, but in my opinion both a Raven worshiper and shaman are redundant. Raven is a spirit so they're both spirit talkers. No big deal though they're both new so should be cool to show off.

E: I'm not sure the Raven guy is going to be around long anyway, in addition to his old age Raven seems to be a more demanding object of worship than Eurmal. You'll see what I mean if something like that does come up.

GokuGoesSSj69 fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Jul 15, 2018

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

Raven and Shaman are treated as separate by the game. They stack for things like the amount of magic you can put into ritual at sacred time. I wouldn't be surprised if they stack in other ways too

Yeah but so does every worshiper of gods who overlap like the pasture and war ones. Doesn't mean you always want as many as you can have at a time. Are you sure ritual isn't affected by number of different gods on the ring though? I could've sworn I saw a tip or a ring member saying that. You can definitely do 3 into ritual with only one of the two. I'd have to check on none of the two.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

Maybe I dunno. I don't tend to worry about divine diversity, I consider it my lowest priority in circle construction.

Yeah it does seems to matter less than kodp with having every family represented being more important instead. Thinking about that tip I said I remembered a little more I think it might've just meant different gods let you put more points into different areas at sacred time. That being said I'm now leaning toward Raven's sacred time bonus actually having nothing to do with that and instead being unique to itself which I'll let GreyjoyBastard talk about next sacred time.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

sullat posted:

So when you sacrifice 7 cows, 14 goats die?

You sacrifice herds, so 7 herds = 3.5 cows and 7 goats I guess. It must round the numbers somehow.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
We have effectively no military. They're already here so by the time someone gets back from the starshines, even if they agree to help, the trolls will have already eaten their fill. Nothing we can do but hope they go away.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

titty_baby_ posted:

To everyone saying we have 9 swords: doesnt the rest of the clan attack too when they ride out? The whole clan should be enough for a small group of trolls right

Attack

I think that option is to send out a party to hit them before they actually raid us, so I'm not sure we would be able to send all 100+ of our other fighters in our clan. If it comes down to a full raid they would be fighting but I'm still skeptical about our odds there.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Explore our lands. Everything we need to do requires goods and I don't remember gaining any additional sources of them yet. Sending a trade caravan during dark season is risky, so we should search for anything that may just laying around in our own back yard for us to find.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
When they see our 8 pathetic excuses for swords they will surely mock us rather than fear us. I don't know where they've been getting their information from but for now we benefit from it being incorrect.Do nothing.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

cheetah7071 posted:

We can only have a few alliances why would we waste one on a clan that is neither rich nor strong

Though I'm pretty sure this event isn't talking about formal alliances anyways, just generic friendship

Because raiding poors won't get us much so better to be friends with them than to get dragged into a feud down the road with a clan that are our neighbors and we can barely loot anything from. Besides, we're supposed to be a diplomatic clan right? Throw them a feast.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

Night10194 posted:

Who gets invited to a feast and then spends the entire feast sitting on the sidelines going 'Mmmmm, well, this isn't a gift of cows so I'm not going to bother drinking or having a good time.'

Those guys are total jerks. We should raid the hell out of them later for being losers.

Yes raiding the clan who are our friends and are renowned for their poverty sounds like a great idea.

For the current vote Help them I kind of doubt we even have enough swords to do it ourselves. Our swords situation is really dire and we need to recruit some more.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

As auspicious as our explorations can be, we need more Swords! That fiasco with the bandits showed us our faults.

Normally I'd say wait until dark season but seeing as we have only 8 swords we're going to need to recruit as many as we can at once several times so more swords.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

While I'm definitely not saying the write-in is wrong, we could only send 5 swords max - we had 3 who didn't attend.

(if I could have sent 8 swords and 2 bows that would have been the choice)

I'm sure you're aware of this but on those choices that involve hunting something down sending less can actually be better anyway, on the logic they'll make less noise I guess, as can sending a war leader who worships the hunting god. Not sure if it would've mattered there though.

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
On the moon, spoilers because it's something that could possibly happen in this run although it's unlikely [I'm very sorry that I didn't edit this out when the OP asked me to and had to have a mod do it for me.]

Somebody fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jul 27, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Yeah - while I was willing to let the thing previous page go this is a bit much. Please fix.

It’s behind black bars, is clearly labeled, probably won’t happen and has no bearing on anything so nope.