Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What did the Ghost of Roddy Piper tell YOU?
This poll is closed.
What a Scotsman wears under his kilt 7 8.05%
Where to get bubblegum 6 6.90%
To put on the loving sunglasses 37 42.53%
Incoherent drunken rambling. Beautiful incoherent drunken rambling :shobon: 37 42.53%
Total: 87 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I feel like Corbin's being prepped for something big. Probably a feud with Roman or Strowman post-SummerSlam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey guys.

Remember when Roman
1) Got suplexed right on his head
2) Got tossed into a table face first
3) Took an F5 through a table
4) Got busted open hardway by a gorilla man's elbows

And still didn't win the loving belt?

I was just re-reading the GDT and it's kinda surreal that that actually happened.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
....did they mention Lesnar at UFC at all last night?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
If anything, people realized they weren't gonna mention Brock at all and tuned out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

VJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1016404136508690432

Gee I wonder if Rusev is going to interfere in this and Jeff Hardy's going to make the save and AJ and Hardy vs. Rusev and Nakamura is going to be a thing.

However did I do it. :geno:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Is it just me or are the commercials for various stuff WWE people appear in (the 2K games and Snickers to name two) like literally the best things you see WWE talent in these days?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Kaitlyn's the one that AJ accordioned herself for, right?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I don't get why pull-aparts always get over so big. What's so cool about two guys fighting for a bunch of 1-2 second intervals, then a bunch of dudes get in between them, then maybe one big spot at the end? Like, the segment is just 90% undercard guys going "CALM DOWN CALM DOWN"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

My favorite part of the pull apart is when roman had like both AOP, Konnor, Titus, and like 4 other dudes all pushing him away and they had to pretend they couldn't collectively compete with his big dog energy. Even though any one of those guys could easily overpower roman with their actual human strength

Using AoP for a pull-apart just seems really dumb in general.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

remusclaw posted:

Wouldn't be the first time they promoted a card with wrestlers who weren't appearing.

Roman Reigns comes out.

"Daniel Bryan didn't show up for work today."

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Vince.txt stuff from the Observer:

Lesnar showing up in UFC actually supports Vince's dumb storyline, so Vince's response IS........to not mention it on Raw at all.

Mmmmmmkay.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ketchup was always good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

MassRafTer posted:

So are they going to do another Asuka vs Carmella match at Summerslam or is Carmella going to defend against someone else?

This match was supposed to be Asuka vs. Carmella and Ellsworth, wasn't it? The fact that it changed makes me think this feud's getting drawn out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

fatherofmustard posted:

Speaking of which, what's the longest PPV streak a feud has had? I remember in 2011 when Christian/Orton had singles matches on 5 consecutive PPVs.

Somehow Miz and Dean Ambrose only wrestled twice on PPV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Cena and Orton wrestled in a Triple Threat with Triple H at Night of Champions 2009, then Cena and Orton went at it at SummerSlam, Breaking Point, Hell in a Cell and Bragging Rights.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ketchup...catsup....ketchup...catsup....

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I once wrote "how about a freakin' singles match for once"

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Becky is a babe. I don't even understand that one.

She's not blonde.

Benne posted:

This is the company that looked at Mickie loving James and decided she was so fat and ugly they made it an angle

And then later on decided to make an angle about how she was too old a month before this loving match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

They do stage makeup techniques for a presentation that does tons of closeups.

It doesn’t make any sense, doing it for the 20k or so people live instead of the millions on TV but not surprising for WWE.

What about any of their TV production *EXTREME CLOSE UP INTO MY NOSTRILS* makes *cut to a random member of the posting audience* sense?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Justin_Brett posted:

And then made her into a heel stooge for the same person who called her old in that feud, for no real reason.

Like, it started out as Alexa being like "Hey let's team up to deal with Absolution in the Elimination Chamber." and Mickie was clearly dubious about it because she'd done this poo poo with Alexa before and Alexa had just screwed her at the end, but she was realistic about the fact that Absolution and Bayley/Sasha would both be helping themselves.. Then Elimination Chamber came and went and she just kept being Alexa's stooge.

Sanguinia posted:

I remember someone telling me that Triple H looked like a goof a bunch of times in that match to put over all the new talent both on his own and the other team, but I never went back and watched it to actually confirm that.

HHH pretty much gets outwrestled by Nakamura and Roode and there's some cute moments of him having fun with them, then he gets clowned on at the end by Strowman. All of his Shovel Man Fucker stuff was pretty much contained to the other old men in the match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
God dammit, Bryan. :sigh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So hey, am I wrong for thinking that putting aside however you feel about Hogan being a racist leathery old ghoul, he's not worth any loving money in 2018?

Like, in what way is Hulk Hogan going to draw money or affect ratings at all? Maybe he'll pop a rating on Raw once.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
WWE absolutely earned the 3-2-1 EHHHHHHHHH poo poo with that finish and I can't wait for their legends contract shills to get on social media and cry about those awful disrespectful paying customers.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You can't really blame people at a WWE show for chanting stupid poo poo to amuse themselves when they get a godawful card and you can't really blame people in a WWE GDT for teeing off on the entire experience to amuse themselves when they get a godawful show.

The onus isn't on the person watching to be more receptive to the two or three good things in the mountain of garbage that's been dumped at their door, the onus is on WWE to release a good product. They're the ones that failed to hold up their end of the bargain.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Strawberry Panda posted:

Eh fans should probably be more respectful to the performers in the ring. Buying a ticket for a thing doesn't give you the right to be a jackass to the people doing the thing you paid for.

Big Show once flat out said that the performers know the difference between anger at them and frustration with lovely creative.

The optimal solution would probably be to chant "gently caress this booking" or something, but people STILL FUCKIN' CHEER FOR VINCE so I don't think that's happening.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Carlisle is right and I became what I hated and was also a hypocrite. Sorry everybody.

Great, another one of my favorite babyfaces is gonna turn heel. This is Zayn all over again!

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jul 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
There were a bunch of people in his mentions after that tweet going "THEY DISRESPECTED YOU :qq:" when like, clearly he got the joke.

On the other hand, one time Seth got genuinely kinda pissed about everybody hating the belt at SummerSlam 2016. That was right after he blew up a dude's arm though, so he was probably just in a bad mood.

• Locked thread