Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This looks extremely loving rad, OP. I gotta figure out what to play...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Could we instead use the pre-8th Legacy/Vintage banlist? It seems like it would make more sense given some of the bans/unbans of older cards after that point were due to newer cards being printed.

For what it's worth, the list at the point of March 2003 would look like this:

Ante Cards
Ancestral Recall
Black Lotus
Braingeyser
Moxen
Sol Ring
Timetwister
Time Vault
Time Walk
Channel
Demonic Tutor
Regrowth
Wheel of Fortune
Library of Alexandria
Chaos Orb
Falling Star
Mind Twist
Balance
Fork
Land Tax
Fastbond
Strip Mine
Black Vise
Stroke of Genius
Tolarian Academy
Windfall
Memory Jar
Time Spiral
Crop Rotation
Doomsday
Dream Halls
Enlightened Tutor
Frantic Search
Grim Monolith
Lotus Petal
Mana Crypt
Mana Vault
Mind Over Matter
Mox Diamond
Mystical Tutor
Tinker
Vampiric Tutor
Voltaic Key
Yawgmoth's Bargain
Yawgmoth's Will
Demonic Consultation
Necropotence
Fact or Fiction
Earthcraft
Entomb

We could make some slight modifications to it based on things we know were overlooked at that point (ban Shahrazad, unban Fork?) but I think this list is substantially better for this format than the modern Legacy banlist.

EDIT: Also fwiw, tinker was banned in 1999, for reasons that had nothing to do with cards that got printed 4+ years later. It's probably not a safe unban.

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Jul 11, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

No Ringleader or Mind's Desire makes two of those decks very sad, though.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Hellsau posted:

Not really? Mind's Desire has never been Legacy legal (banned before Scourge came out, right?) and Ringleader would be great, but you've still got the good Goblins plus Wasteland and Port with 4x Pyroblast in the board. No Vial is a problem but whatever.

It was banned at the end of June, Scourge came out in May.

Also yeah I meant Recruiter :downs:

Rabbi posted:

The reason tinker was busted+banned back then was Memory Jar, which is banned in this format. It's not a threat IMO.

Memory Jar was banned several months before Tinker was. That said, I'm not sure why they actually did end up banning Tinker at that point, as it was several years before Mirrodin came out and there weren't any super disgusting artifacts to grab?

Fajita Queen fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jul 11, 2018

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Okay I've finalized a deck. Are we posting lists before the thing starts or going in blind?

• Locked thread