Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUzjGlkMgjQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

"im gay" i announce in a soothing baritone as i enter any room with people, i am received with chuckles and raised eyebrows
"obamas an incel" everyone hoots and hollers, whistling and laughing at the irony
"biden is a war criminal and a rapist" crickets, people awkardly look at their phones, throats are clearing and people are nervously eyeing the door behind me
"im gaaaay" i am thrown out of the room

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Abongination posted:

Subway in the US and Canada is significantly worse than Subway in Australia for some reason. Might be some health or food regulation stuff that makes them lift their game down under.

toilets flush backwards in Australia which makes poo poo taste good

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

My first memory of being food poisoned was from a Subway 25 years ago, pretty sure it was bad lettuce.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

You're a moron that doesn't know anything. Stop spreading weird goon wisdom.

lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

V. Illych L. posted:

racism is deeply complicated, and exonerating one's own society by saying that someone else is worse - which is usually what we do when we get down to brass tacks on these issues - is an especially insidious form of trivialising the issue at home. importing a foreign discourse to deal with something so intimately cultural and historical is inevitably going to backfire imo
wow this is some next level equivocating, how long have you been steeping yourself in this bullshit? Imagine defending lefties dunking on Fame Douglas' poo poo racism denial with mealy mouthed wall of texts about importing foreign discourse backfiring

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

no you see, we're playing with fire when we talk to the question as to whether or not european racism exists on the something awful dot com forums. Ordinary, uncredentialed posters are not qualified to speak to such complex issues that must be analyzed as a whole. It needs a lot of time and a lot of research. There's a lot of nuance as to whether or not Roma good or bad that we just cannot understand without cultural context, historical context and lived experiences in european society

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cold on a Cob posted:

i've been trying to pay less attention to american economics and politics and spend more attention on canada's, but it's hard when y'all are right there loving around and then letting us find out with you

american racism tends to be more violent than the racism here so it's something my family and friends are legitimately worried about, especially when we have to travel to the usa for work

sorry buddy, but you have to choose one or the other. We are all permitted only one racist country's racism to think about and discuss at a time, and you may only move onto other racisms once your chosen racism is defeated

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

solidarity with brown people means that only one group of white people can be inspected, analyzed and mocked at a time. anything else is needlessly fussy!

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Anime Bernie Bro posted:

edit: our adversaries use distraction as a tactic precisely because it works

you're not my ally when you're using that technocratic jargon and are circling the wagons to protect white european feelings. gently caress off

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

T-man posted:

keep going im sure this conversation has a productive end you will both be happy with

No, there's no satisfying conclusion out of this outside directly admitting to making a bad and wrong post. Just loving lol about the "attention economy" not able to spare enough units of care for racism in the wrong place, and concern that this forum is running on limited capacity and needs a hall monitor to come in and focus the herd. You want to talk being a splitter, go ahead and Kramer into a room with people talking about something they care about and tell them they're focused on the wrong thing and are thus letting the enemy win, that's truly being a comrade

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/stacyfmitchell/status/1331607370212978688?s=20
mergers and acquisitions until we are fortress amazon

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

we need a dictatorship of the transgenderiat

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Fame Douglas posted:

Why not just buy some beers at the store and enjoy a chill night with Cyberpunk instead of buying weird uncontrolled garbage.

all depression everywhere cured, thanks op

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Hmm, I've never considered being bequeathed an asset that generates passive income :thunk:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

human garbage bag posted:

ngl i actually did envision such labor camps as being a humane way for society to deal with homeless drug addicts. so instead of sending them to rehab, they get sent to a labor camp where they get "paid" in the drug they are addicted to. the assumption is that their drive for the drug will make them very obedient workers.

this sounds like the premise for a D&D thread on what is to be done with the problem of the addict without a home. go post it there, freak

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

do you know how much of the internet runs on AWS?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Muscle Wizard posted:

i get the medication i need to not die from cvs. youre afraid of losing your two day shipping.

lmao

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

all of my medicine is from mutual aid, get on my level idiots

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

while we are moralizing and acting like terminally online idiots, what is the most evil corporation? ExxonMobil, Nestle, Monsanto, DuPont, Philip Morris and Halliburton come to mind for me as being more evil than Amazon but I’m probably missing some obvious ones. of course this is dumb to assign morality to a corporation but lol

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

You cannot be a leftist if you exchange american dollars for goods and services

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I’m doing leftism every time I buy my video games from Best Buy instead of having them shipped from Amazon

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

DACK FAYDEN posted:

on the one hand this graph is so fuckin cutesy

on the other I appreciate the data in it

oh wow, I suspected this but this is staggering. I went fully sober 5 years ago and have never felt better, but some folks I used to keep up with have started drinking like fish in recent years and get super defensive about it. going from a drink a day to a drink a day except for a few on the weekends, onto a few every day and six packs each weekend day. hard to be friends with drunks with you’re sober.

I wonder if this is similar to weed stats, I know some people who are zapped out on carts from when they wake up until they sleep and act like this is normal vs normies who have a weekly joint on Friday or something like that

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

possibly because if you get cut off you have a mild craving and that's about it from it

that's not true anecdotally. It's pretty common to have intense anxiety, insomnia, no appetite, panic attacks, and on and on for 1-2 weeks. Took me a few months to be able to regain normal sleep

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

huh

i've went from chronic to zero like... this week with no notable effects other than that i wouldn't mind some weed

I had a similar experience going off and on until the last time, didn't kick in until 3-4 days after going to zero. It's not like benzo withdrawal or alcohol withdrawal but it loving sucked and that time was miserable

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Hodgepodge posted:

see above, but, withdrawals from drugs that are a major problem isn't a "maybe" thing

It's all loving with your neurochemistry. The idea that marijuana can be chronically used without risk of dependency is pervasive, hell i said the same thing. I'm pretty sure the difference for me was the concentration you get from vaping, and it's poorly understood, but you can certainly go through withdrawal after cessation because of dependency

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the mechanism of how weed acts upon cannabinoid receptors throughout the body can result in down regulation of GABA receptors. like any other drug, withdrawal isn’t a guarantee, but you’re rolling the dice if you’re vaping sun up to sun down, and we are going to see a lot more of this with how heavy the concentration is in legal states and with new forms of ingesting it. decades of defensive boomer stoner scripts from ditch weed usage and having to fight violent racist policy are the status quo that will have to be reconciled with the new reality, especially in legal states

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

here to read the homegrown syq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Ham Equity posted:

What is the root of the term "syq?"

here you go op: https://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=2695