Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I can't wait until eye augmentations become a thing so 2/3rds of the things we see are augmented reality banner ads for dick pills, alternately you could have a billboard that shows dick pills if you're over 18 but spongebob if you're a minor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I like self help books about getting rich that end up making the authors rich

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The best military propaganda was how expertly the writers on Stargate: SG-1 were blowing the Air Force. Despite being space shenanigans through a teleporting toilet they had an official Air Force adviser on staff who would occasionally rein in the Carter/Jack romance if it got out of line with what would be professionally acceptable. The show might as well be one long recruitment video, they even supplied all the P90s and blanks for the cool shooty pew-pew scenes

Things got a bit weirder in seasons 9 and 10 but that's because it was going to be a spinoff show until they managed to wrangle back Daniel "Tree Trunk Arms" Jackson who took over playing the role of "r/atheism moderator"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I feel like there's two sorts of jobs where all your coworkers are sober, surgeon and..I guess just surgeon now that I think of it but maybe not even them

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Who needs toilets when you can poo poo in one of those airblade dryers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

It looked like the high-roller in the hospital bed was fanning out like 10 dollars in 1 dollar bills, she's gonna be able to get at least a few fun-sized chip bags with that haul

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

fully automated luxury gay space butt stuff

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

depending on the type of rfid tag you might be able to read an unused tag and write it unlimited times using nothing but a cheap android phone, it works for amiibo's why not water filters

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

believe it or not you can get a blackberry with a keyboard on it still, or at least you could like 6 months ago, it's improved the quality of my drunk texting tenfold

unrelated but it's hard to convince people you're hammered when all your words are the right ones and not just some weird poo poo autocomplete decided to vomit out

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shame Boy posted:

Ok but Neil Patrick Harris survives by being a very smart boy and therefore not having to be in any sort of danger at all ever so clearly they live in a meritocracy and the grunts who died should have done better in school and learned how to be psychic better :colbert:

I haven't read the book and I haven't watched the movie in like 80 years but was his character actually psychic or was the entire psychic division of the space army just a grift because I feel like you don't need a mind reader to tell you that the giant nearly-immobile all-brain bug surrounded by gun dudes and the corpses of his buddies is scared

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I hope he's actually just really good at psychically convincing people that he'd be a good army psychic but his talents only extend far enough to convince his superiors to promote him over and over

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Platystemon posted:

Maybe the airline should have spent less on avocado toast.

that's silly why not just pick up a trade, there's big demand for airlines to become plumbers

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

taqueso posted:

and that was followed up by better living through chemistry

it's funny because now we're having worse living through angry chemistry

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I wonder if anyone has tried to do an AirBNB in their timeshare to recoup the costs

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

I AM A GAMER
NOT BECAUSE I DON'T HAVE A LIFE

BUT BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO HAVE MANY

I choose to start with 3 lives and every time I run over a tiny version of my own head I get 1 more up to a maximum of 9

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

do people normally install a clothes dryer in the kitchen like that?

edit: apparently after some googling it's actually super common in a lot of countries

blatman has issued a correction as of 21:17 on Jun 17, 2020

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

other people posted:

92% of clothes in europe are dried outdoors. no one has a dryer.

but yeah, the clothes washer is often in the kitchen or bathroom because plumbing.

I would absolutely line-dry my clothes if it wasn't in my lease that I wasn't allowed, and if it didn't reach absolute zero during the winter

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

VanSandman posted:

Legalism is a scum philosophy for bootlickers.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

it's also a lot less of a logistics nightmare to moderate a forum where people from a wide variety of political and social backgrounds can report posts independently of one another

also how do you monitor voice channels in discord, all speech recognition software is trained on very narrow demographics

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

the important takeaway from that picture is that there's like 3 of those little clippy thingers on the side of the analog tablet, by far the best temporary bag sealing devices on the market and since he has 3 of them he can close 1 bag of chips and then lose the other 2

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah I don't know what the hell is going on but it's occupying some weird optical illusion psychological blindspot where I can't see it unless I specifically look for it

that's because the timeline was only just recently adjusted and he hasn't fully faded out of the picture yet

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Chomp8645 posted:

Don't need to be pulled out of your car if you were immediately launched through the windshield on impact.

this reminds me of an argument I had with a friend back in highschool, he was saying that a motorcycle crash is safer than a car crash because you get ejected to safety if a semi smashes into you but in a car you're contained within the danger zone due to the presence of a seatbelt and windshield

I've forgotten a lot of things in my life, my birthday, my address, the launch codes, but I will never forget that argument

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if your first impulse by april wasn't to thaw the entire batch of lsd-infused sugar cubes and jam em all in your face in an attempt to bargain with god about the fate of man

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

is premium quality the one that comes in glass instead of plastic

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I would like to combine two topics, making GBS threads and relationship breakdown, into one horrorshow story

I worked with a guy for about 3 months who claimed he was trying to save money so he changed his family over from using toilet paper to using reusable rags that went into a bin next to the toilet and got washed and reused

when I asked him "doesn't washing the shitrags suck a lot?" he said "not really, my wife does it"

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Hodgepodge posted:

it sure is tragic how his death was given no dignity or space from the relentless drive of profit. if you're going through tough times, you should consider an online counselling session with therapy.com. they've helped me through some really tough times, and if you sign up now, you get three free sessions. it seems like nothing is sacred now and there's no room for anything but the market to breath.

I tried this once but all I got was fifty thousand gems on Raiders: Shadow Legend, the game with 6.9 million heroes across 420 factions

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

ford megazord f350 crew cab

truck nuts hanging off that weigh 3 tons

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

pineapples are berries and the easiest way to eat one is to not eat one because the juices digest your mouth

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

nothing says "management material" like yelling at workers for problems they ultimately have zero control over

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I feel like the best way for a pro-cop individual to show their support is to do that thing where they all get arrested, but just slowly trickle in so it gets them a little overtime here and there

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Iron Crowned posted:

Job fairs as a whole tend to be some of the most demoralizing things you can do when you're unemployed.

I have a friend who had the complete wrong idea about job fairs in college and she rolled up and started grilling the interviewers for reasons why she should apply to their company

accidental power move

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

any time someone uses cuck or simp or similar terms in a conversation I act all confused like "what is simp? is that short for simpleton or simpsons? is that slang now?" and make them overexplain it

in other news I am less annoyed by my gaming friends than ever before but there are certainly less of them to group with

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Shame Boy posted:

I do the same thing but with poggers, except I still actually don't understand what's poggers

i've researched this extensively and this is what i've concluded, it's a lady or gentleman who is proficient in these:

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

The Nastier Nate posted:

if i put a dollar value on my Everquest addiction I had from high school thru college, you figure it was $30 a month (2 accounts for 5 years) and then thousands and thousands of hours. I could have learned like 4 other languages, gotten a part time job, a phD, possibly even gotten laid

yea maybe its not $80,000 in cold hard cash but gaming addiction is lovely and ive been there

the trick was to powerlevel and sell popular classes, back in pop/god era you could crank out a level 65 with all their important aa done in like a couple of days, then you just throw a set of ornate armor on them and you're set because either they were novices trying to pay-to-win in which case the no-drop armor looked good enough, or they were a raid guild trying to fill in a warrior/cleric spot on their roster in which case they didn't give a poo poo about the gear

nowadays all that poo poo is automated though, eq bots have become good enough where most of the people being reported for botting are actually just intensely antisocial weirdos with a lot of muscle memory

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

anonumos posted:

I, too, crave a good, healthy lifestyle free of money concerns, where I ALSO just so happen to have a batch of sweet-acid just sitting around for those "listen here you pompous two-faced shameless pitiful excuse for a deity!" moments...

to be fair lsd costs like a dollar a liter if you know a chemist with dubious morals and you can have unlimited sugar cubes if you just confidently walk into car dealerships and raid their coffee kiosk

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

honestly I just wanted to make a humorous reply that someone could bounce another humorous reply off of, the real forums endgame isn't getting quoted it's getting quoted then having that post get quoted ad nauseum, it's like a combo bonus except instead of points you get a sensible chuckle and possibly a probe

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

I put my wipers up before snow so that when I hobble out to my car after waking up I don't have to put them up to brush the windshield off with my snow brush while trying to fully wake up

saves me precious seconds that I can use for another swig of coffee before I get on the road

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

its also worth it to put your wipers up if you're running late and you're just blasting the windshield with wiper fluid until there's enough of a visible window to drive with, put them up once you get to work so that the wiper fluid drips down and safely freezes the wipers in place

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lol if you kid has any toys that aren't these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WyWWAgtjYc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

this is like when I discovered that WoW characters are worth real money except a thousand times dumber (because your stolen gif can't own noobs in stranglethorn vale)