Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Thanatosian posted:

Why would your first thought on seeing bigfoot "oh, it's bigfoot, I should shoot him!"
ignore the other answers:

Bigfoots are from a different dimension and therefore it is entirely safe and legal to shoot the Bigfoots.

also according to "Extradimensional Bigfoot" this is also true:

stringless has issued a correction as of 09:18 on Mar 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

our landlord gave us the month of July for free

land of contrasts etc

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

the last time i visited SF i was still a bartender and let me tell you:

gently caress fernet branca

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Shipon posted:

what the gently caress are they even /doing/? it's not like those people are actually doing anything except meaningless slide decks
my guess? 3-6 hours of meetings per day and watching graphs during and throughout

imagine going to school for years to be a drone pilot but you never even get to watch your kills, only number

it's inhumane

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Shop at Carmax, home of no haggle pricing!

But no, don't, unless you want something unreliable and want to abuse a warranty.
do sell at carmax, though. i got a full 50% extra on top of what i was willing to settle for when i was moving and couldn't justify shipping it with me

Mr. Nice! posted:

If I still lived in Waikiki, I could live without a car. As I live in north florida, a car is required.
yeah i've been living just outside of waikiki for about a year and a half now. kinda miss the ability to drive on a whim but lmao i've gone into public spaces (where having a car would have made the traveling more convenient isntead of doing public transport/rideshare) like four times in the last six months so w/e

and da bus is da best, top tier public transport as far as the US goes

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

starkebn posted:

Do swear jars actually make people swear less?
lmao i thought this happened in relation to a real sport

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Adjectivist Philosophy posted:

Mark Cuban is what happens when you're in middle school and you see your friend's older brother get liberty spikes and swear at his parents, and that is the definition of cool you carry with you for the rest of your life
looks like you left out the "get paid before the dot com bubble burst" step

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

lmao

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Mr.Radar posted:

This video popped up in my recommendations. It's a piece of deep investigative journalism (at least by the standards of Youtube :v:) on why McDonald's ice cream machines are seemingly always broken (and it turns out it's because the company that makes the machines profits from them being broken :capitalism:):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrDEtSlqJC4
thanks for posting this. makes a hell of a lot more sense than "it's broken" meaning "we ran the cleaning cycle at noon for some reason"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

pretty sure a lot of it is they don't remember what the initialism stands for any more either, they just remember what it represents.

like if during a brain fart you couldn't remember "Federal Bureau of Investigation" wouldn't you still know what "FBI" means?

"laser" and "scuba" are perfectly cromulent even if you don't quite remember what the acronyms are short for

stringless has issued a correction as of 13:24 on Apr 25, 2021

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

indigi posted:

what’s caffeine’s LD50

Wikipedia posted:

The LD50 of caffeine in humans is dependent on individual sensitivity, but is estimated to be 150–200 milligrams per kilogram (2.2 lb) of body mass (75–100 cups of coffee for a 70 kg (150 lb) adult). There are cases where doses as low as 57 milligrams per kilogram have been fatal.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

i've been there on the tail end of a ~20 hour road trip. caffeine overload is rough

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

TheMostFrench posted:

This sounds like some kind of reverse-FOMO. Like a fear or paranoia of others having the same things, or the same opportunities as you.

All of these stories are so bizarre, "A holiday is only good if other people don't get to take it". Imagine spending your holiday obsessing in delight over the misery of other people who didn't get to go, instead of just enjoying the holiday.
bucket crab mentality is a hell of a drug. always a race to the bottom as long as someone else has it worse.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

no ring

jesus my brain is broken

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm always disappointed in horror movies when people are "trapped" in a room. You can literally punch a hole through drywall. There are memes about it. The drywall can't contain you.
most of those take place in older homes tho

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

PostNouveau posted:

This is their solution to the bathrooms being too far away?

Piss, uh, finds a way.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

happyhippy posted:

The only hard part is to market them.
doesn't seem that hard, but i suppose it depends

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Zil posted:

It's like they learned nothing from Cortana.
bold to assume this wasn't 100% intentional

(less than 24 hours from announcement to first rule34 submission (save yourself, i have regrets))

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Is your av from simpsons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9-dwPTQjGg

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

velcro used to be pretty awesome

tang still is

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

other people posted:

astronaut icecream :colbert:

Dippin' Dots are awesome. :colbert:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

I don't understand why anyone would want or agree to live under an HOA.

same but about becoming a cop

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skippy McPants posted:

I mean, I get that one. It's an easy road to power over other people for the assholes who're into that kind of thing.
a successful jape!

that's exactly how HOAs continue to exist

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

please knock Mom! posted:

oh yeah why is it getting colder outside then??
because the sun's not up yet

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

3D Megadoodoo posted:

They piled rocks on top of rocks, but used less rocks every storey. HTH, OP.
next you're going to tell me there isn't a deep mystical connection between all of the different cultures across the world that also piled rocks on top of rocks using less rocks as they got higher.

:colbert: this fuckin guy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Lor posted:

Like Alexander the Great assaulted the ISLAND city of Tyre by building a dirt "bridge" to it a kilometer long, under enemy fire (when they got close). That bridge is still connecting the city to the mainland today.

hell, Nebuchadnezzar did it first!

which can really twist biblical literalists since he didn't destroy it utterly like Ezekiel said he (and definitely explicitly Neb.) would

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

it's really old

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

500 good dogs posted:

wow do u want me to delete my post
499 good dogs

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

ArmZ posted:

sorry you're a dumbass this is just anti-modernist bullshit

most kids these days spend their whole school life memorizing things for tests. your whole argument is based on speculation.

we're potentially "smarter" now for those of us that know how to look things up, which has become progressively easier over the last 30-40 years

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

somehow the the cruelty is the point thread died 11 months ago

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Weka posted:

Look pal, food is earned.

do not let your children become addicted to food

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

and if you don't manage to pay them off in time, now you've got two sets of late fees!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yeah, I think working on cars is less inherently dangerous than operating metalworking or woodworking machinery. And stoves. Well. (I set my class notebook on fire on an electric stove, but that's because I am gifted.)

The one class I remember is that we made spaghetti and I refused to let my teammates break it up and I wound mine around a spoon the way I did at home and the teacher made the rest of the class do it. God, who'd be 16 again.
As someone that turned 17 very shortly before exactly 20 years ago?

https://twitter.com/kennykeil/status/1435354064263413760

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

*banging on the pod door* let me gently caress and suck the machines!!!
buddy,

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

The Nastier Nate posted:

Every restaurant offers free food to their employees in some capacity

It’s like the one thing they can do to make working their less hellish and most managers are pretty cool about it as long you don’t go crazy in my expierence
:allears:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

i know the whole "frogs in a pot don't notice that's it's coming up to a boil" thing is a myth but this is still a little too on the nose.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you're not from this country you have absolutely no loving idea how insane it is from top to bottom
and if you are from this country it's just "normal"

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

LastInLine posted:

It literally says that it is
i read "inventory shortages" more as an implication of employee theft but i'm not gonna hand it to starbucks on anything

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

LastInLine posted:

I've always wanted to ask you, what's the username about? I always think of the IATA code for Frankfort, KY when I see it.

it had a personal meaning once, but now it's all final fantasy tactics and fast fourier transforms

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Palladium posted:

How does that even make any sense
"affordable" is a moving target