Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

just imagine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ok

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
give it a drink of water op

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

iphone sucks edition

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

current se is still great but yeah

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
what about.............an SE plus?

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

just release a bar of soap with a phone in it already

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

current se is still great but yeah

needs more processor and camera probably

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

President Beep posted:

what about.............an SE plus?

iphone...

SE...

X?

:thunk:

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Bloody posted:

for what? it runs everything well and lol if you play games on your phone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

the se won't be obsolete until tim sharts out a new iOS with the iphonese_slow flag set to yes

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

iphone...

SE...

X?

:thunk:

elon pls leave.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
better still, discontinue all current phone models and re-release the iphone 4s with a processor refresh and ios 5

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

gotta have my ios7 wallpapers tho.

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

agreed op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

yeah

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

iPhone SE📱

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

the se won't be obsolete until tim sharts out a new iOS with the iphonese_slow flag set to yes

iOS 12 is way faster than 11. It owns.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Aren't the latest rumors that the SE2 is cancelled and you will pay $700 for the cheapest new iPhone and you will like it

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Linguica posted:

Aren't the latest rumors that the SE2 is cancelled and you will pay $700 for the cheapest new iPhone and you will like it

no i wont

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bloody posted:

i also find it a bit slippery

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Linguica posted:

i used a 4S for like 6 years until I bought an SE so I expect this phone to last for the rest of my natural life (6 more years).

mystes
May 31, 2006

As a user of a $100 Chinese Android phone that's probably spying on me, I hope that Apple stops releasing inexpensive phones with headphone jacks in a formfactor I might like so I don't have to wonder if I would be better off with an iPhone.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

mystes posted:

As a user of a $100 Chinese Android phone that's probably spying on me, I hope that Apple stops releasing inexpensive phones with headphone jacks in a formfactor I might like so I don't have to wonder if I would be better off with an iPhone.

do it

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
headphone jacks are inevitably going away

removing them accomplishes the dual goals of reducing the parts list for the phone while driving accessories sales

the next things to be eliminated are external buttons, charging ports, speakers/microphones and eventually touch screens (everything will be driven by voice via bluetooth)

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

pretty much with you until the touch interface bit.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

mystes posted:

the cheapest SEs are like $100 in swappa or you can buy a better one for slightly more, just get one

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I love my eBay used SE

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i love this one i bought on sa mart which spent its entire life babied in a case until i got it and proceeded to drop it naked on concrete again and again lamo

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

i like that i can add “this phone is basically disposable” to my rationale for not using a case

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Stymie posted:

headphone jacks are inevitably going away

removing them accomplishes the dual goals of reducing the parts list for the phone while driving accessories sales

the next things to be eliminated are external buttons, charging ports, speakers/microphones and eventually touch screens (everything will be driven by voice via bluetooth)

can't wait for us to all die in our sixties of giant pulsating bluetumours

hydranth
Jun 25, 2017
my SE is already refreshing 60 times a second, I think that’s enough timb:

mod saas
May 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer
got a like-new condition used se last week to replace a galaxy s5 and i have no regrets

mystes buy the se

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i had to put my se in a case because applecare expired

come on tim, ship the iphone x mini

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
my iphone se was great but get this: battery life and charge suck now that it’s nearly 2 years old

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

my iphone se was great but get this: battery life and charge suck now that it’s nearly 2 years old

swap it out yourself with an ifixit kit

The Puppet Master
Apr 9, 2005

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.

switched over from a gal s6 to an SE and wow what a change

now i think all day about the SE2 with headphone jack that will never come

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine
big se fan here, however the battery life ain’t poo poo compared to an 8. if they do an se2 it needs a better battery

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Well yeah don't run a big fan off your SE that hurts the battery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
okay, here’s the deal. Apple has the bandwidth to bring up approximately one and a half phones per year. by half I mean a second or even third phone that shares most of the components with the first one (such as iPhone X and iPhone 8), or is highly derivative of a previous product so it requires very little work for most of the company (iPhone 5C or iPhone SE).

let’s say they wanted to make an SE2, based on the iPhone 8 internals. they would need to add a codec for headphone jack audio. a new power management chip since the SE wouldn’t have wireless charging. different amps for the speaker since there’s no dual speakers. support for the old style physical home button since the SE body doesn’t have room for the haptic device.

all these things take time and effort, and take time away from doing other projects. It could happen, but seems unlikely to me.

• Locked thread