Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Apparently he waited until after the season to tell his teammates so he wouldn't affect him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i thought puel was getting the sack because all the players hated him since he made them do double training all the time

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

i thought puel was getting the sack because all the players hated him since he made them do double training all the time

Haha I hadn't heard that. Definitely knew his job was in question, but I assumed that was due to the poor run they went on after losing to Burnley (effectively killing their chances at Europa).

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

The DPRK posted:

Also, at 31 could this be Vardy’s last season of first team football? His main strength is his pace and that will start to go soon.

Nah, he hasn't been playing/training/doping at the top level since he was a teenager so his body will last a little longer than guys who play in the Premier League their whole careers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The DPRK posted:

Haha I hadn't heard that. Definitely knew his job was in question, but I assumed that was due to the poor run they went on after losing to Burnley (effectively killing their chances at Europa).

its why southampton sacked him lol

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jose posted:

its why southampton sacked him lol

Oh good. Great. Greeeaat.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

EvilHawk posted:

Ox is likely to miss the entire 2018-2019 season.

Arsenal DNA

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Zola is now Assistant Manager at Chelsea, so I now feel nostalgic for that period in the 90s where Chelsea were a likeable team because of their continental connections.

If Middlesbrough hire Ravanelli/Juninho to run the show I'll be on the "football is alive and well" bandwagon.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mourinho's getting his excuses in early.

"De Gea, Matic and Fred will come next week but everything is really bad. Then we go to the UK and have to play the PL and the broadcasters weren't nice for us by giving us the complicated Friday match. Honestly, I'm worried."

Everything is "really bad", it's a disaster that Sanchez can't join United on the US tour because he's a literal loving criminal who wasn't allowed entry into the country (literally) and will miss out on the "15-20 days of training" he'd need. Also all the players are exhausted after the World Cup (a problem unique to only United, I'm sure) and there isn't enough time to prepare for the new season (again, unique to United).

Diogo Dalot will be out until at least September, but that probably doesn't matter because did anyone genuinely think he'd get any games in?

At least non-United supporters will get to enjoy Mourinho's antics for the next 5-6 months before he fucks off.

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
Poor Ox :(

Finally gets a manager who gives him chances in the middle and his leg falls apart.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

maybe man utd shoulod have checked all teh players could go to america before planning their pre season there

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Der Shovel posted:

Mourinho's getting his excuses in early.

"De Gea, Matic and Fred will come next week but everything is really bad. Then we go to the UK and have to play the PL and the broadcasters weren't nice for us by giving us the complicated Friday match. Honestly, I'm worried."

Everything is "really bad", it's a disaster that Sanchez can't join United on the US tour because he's a literal loving criminal who wasn't allowed entry into the country (literally) and will miss out on the "15-20 days of training" he'd need. Also all the players are exhausted after the World Cup (a problem unique to only United, I'm sure) and there isn't enough time to prepare for the new season (again, unique to United).

Diogo Dalot will be out until at least September, but that probably doesn't matter because did anyone genuinely think he'd get any games in?

At least non-United supporters will get to enjoy Mourinho's antics for the next 5-6 months before he fucks off.

owned

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jose posted:

maybe man utd shoulod have checked all teh players could go to america before planning their pre season there

Maybe Man United should've done a lot of things. Maybe their manager shouldn't have faffed about in Russia all summer long pretending to be a pundit, then come back in mid July to complain that there isn't enough time to complete their transfer business.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

oliwan posted:

Manchester City.

Lads, I think I’m leaning towards West Ham United.

I like my life spicy but healthy. A nice bowl of Rice, Chicharitos, and Quinoa sounds Noble. Hey! Issa good joke, right? :downswords:

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
You should support Leicester City because

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Maybe Man United should've done a lot of things. Maybe their manager shouldn't have faffed about in Russia all summer long pretending to be a pundit, then come back in mid July to complain that there isn't enough time to complete their transfer business.

he probably gave a list of his targets in order to woodward to sign them. its what most managers do these days

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Jose posted:

to woodward

I spy a critical flaw in the plan..

I miss Gill :(

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Tortilla Maker posted:

I like my life spicy but healthy. A nice bowl of Rice, Chicharitos, and Quinoa sounds Noble. Hey! Issa good joke, right? :downswords:

:v:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Tortilla Maker posted:

A great combination with tortillas, op. Welcome aboard the tire fire that is the academy of football

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Markovic just scored for Liverpool

Yes that Markovic

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

I think I like Naby Keita

edit: Kelleher has a full on teenage bumfluff tash lol

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

EvilHawk posted:

Yes that Markovic

Belgian Pro League magic, heartfelming

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Yes that Markovic
I know it was a friendly against Blackburn, but it was such a good goal.

Alisson due to be announced very soon as well.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

We're just hitting the peak now

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

We're going to win the league.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Already won it mate. Fake news says City did.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Sphyre posted:

We're going to win the league.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Lee Grant is currently making his debut for United, that's a thing.

It's a pretty great transfer for a 35 year old journeyman goalkeeper. Just being a part of the training setup at Carrington must be a thrill for him.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 20, 2018

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Mané is taking the #10 shirt this season.

If Robbo can step up to #3 we can easily field a 1-11 team now and that makes me happy.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
*Klopp breathes a sigh of relief*

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Mané is taking the #10 shirt this season.

If Robbo can step up to #3 we can easily field a 1-11 team now and that makes me happy.

Suddenly it all makes sense

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I asked people on twitter which team to root for this upcoming season and they said *checks notes* Man City

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I've decided to start following this sport, and I've picked west ham

What do I need to know

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jackie D posted:

What do I need to know

You're going to be upset with your choice.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

I already know that

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

City are wearing what I'm assuming are one off kits for their preseason tour that have 69 different sponsors on the shirts.

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011

Jackie D posted:

What do I need to know

The people who own the club are called the dildo brothers

The team is poo poo, but so is the rest of the league

The manager is actually Nosferatu

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

Jackie D posted:

What do I need to know

There's not really any ham, let alone of the western variety

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Jackie D posted:

I already know that

Change your name to Jackie W.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Jackie D posted:

What do I need to know

we're awful but its entertaining as hell to watch from afar as the club is almost always in meltdown
mark noble is a good lad who means well
west ham won the world cup

also we're the 5th highest spenders in europe so far this summer so it's going to be really fun to see what new ways the club finds to gently caress it all up and end up nearly getting relegated

• Locked thread