Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

The House That Jack Built
Directed by Lars von Trier
Starring Matt Dillon, Uma Thurman, Bruno Ganz, Riley Keough, and Jeremy Davies
Release date October 17, 2018

IMDB posted:

USA in the 1970s. We follow the highly intelligent Jack over a span of 12 years and are introduced to the murders that define Jack's development as a serial killer. We experience the story from Jack's point of view, while he postulates each murder is an artwork in itself. As the inevitable police intervention is drawing nearer, he is taking greater and greater risks in his attempt to create the ultimate artwork. Along the way we experience Jack's descriptions of his personal condition, problems and thoughts through a recurring conversation with the unknown Verge - a grotesque mixture of sophistry mixed with an almost childlike self-pity and psychopathic explanations. The House That Jack Built is a dark and sinister story, yet presented through a philosophical and occasional humorous tale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA0pI_k-Dmo

I'm excited for this. Love him or hate him, Lars von Trier makes unforgettable movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

ruddiger posted:

also, I'm loving that poster.

I'm just glad to see a re-staging of a famous piece of art that isn't The Last Supper.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Astrochicken posted:

Glad i'm not the only one who laughed at charlotte gainsborough smashing willem dafoe's penis and then making him cum blood

Wait, you're saying some people didn't find that hilarious?

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

They've released a series of... interesting posters:

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

Interesting. Hopefully my drafthouse gets in on the November 28 action.

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

This is currently sitting at a 58% on Rotten Tomatoes. The reviews are making me even more excited for it, including the negative ones. von Trier is a critic-proof director for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spatulater bro!
Aug 19, 2003

Punch! Punch! Punch!

I hate that I missed the DC last night. It was playing in one theater here but I couldn't make it. There's no way I'm seeing the edited version. This'll be a Blu-ray watch for me.