Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

gary oldmans diary posted:

they completely failed to make any sort of case against recycling aluminum as i recall

It's been a while, but I'm pretty sure their major points revolved around the economic benefits / drawbacks of recycling paper and cardboard as opposed to just making more paper. Oh, and also how the majority of waste comes from corporations and not households. Brilliant stuff deserving of many humanitarian awards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit
Also, I volunteer to clean garbage out of rivers each year to spite my boomer father.

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Burt Sexual posted:

I throw my 5 cent refundable cans in the recycle bin. I consider it a I’m lazy af tax.

Should be considered a charitable tax write-off, if you've got trashpickers in your area.

Also, placing car batteries in landfills ultimately helps the soil absorb nitrates which help plants to grow. It's very similar to the creation of nitrogen inherent to lightning strikes.

Matryoshka SexDoll fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jul 18, 2018

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

lol but seriously I posted:

okay so let us just assume that fusion is finally realised how many/few problems would it actually solve?

Assuming there is a meltdown on a global scale, probably all of them.

Matryoshka SexDoll fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Jul 18, 2018

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

Burt Sexual posted:

I don’t think that’s how it’s done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mClfU2NStY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matryoshka SexDoll
Feb 24, 2016

Bad Habit

a hole-y ghost posted:

Is that true?

Pretty sure it's subsidized, so indirectly yeah.

• Locked thread