Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Chris James 2 posted:

Brody King, Tony Deppen, Chris Dickinson and Homicide took out Rush’s group to end the show
Gotta admit, that's a good group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Yeah, that group is interesting enough to make me want to keep track with ROH a bit more.

Deppen and Dickinson are always must-watch for me.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Chris Buzzinson and Tony Buzzen

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Another humiliating L for the buzz deniers.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
I'm just now watching the PPV and I think I love Brian Johnson.

Edit: Please respect Dak Draper and his Dolphin Award.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Mar 28, 2021

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NXT moved not to avoid AEW but so they wouldn't risk losing to ROH (who have as much viewership as buzz.)

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1376545677128388613

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Let's face it: WWE caught wind of TJPW's plan and rightfully fear them.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

Does ROH really have a larger viewership than Impact? Or is it some mental gymnastics where each individual eyeball belonging to a family of four counts as "a household?"

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Does ROH really have a larger viewership than Impact? Or is it some mental gymnastics where each individual eyeball belonging to a family of four counts as "a household?"

ROH definitely has a larger viewership than Impact, it has for years. TNA probably has a better demo since ROH is mostly on really late at night and all the advertising is targeted towards the elderly. But ROH reaches more homes than TNA and on stations people actually watch.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Destroy My Sweater posted:

Sinclair are in a lot more homes than AXS

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

ROH definitely has a larger viewership than Impact, it has for years. TNA probably has a better demo since ROH is mostly on really late at night and all the advertising is targeted towards the elderly. But ROH reaches more homes than TNA and on stations people actually watch.

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, I wasn't aware. That's wild.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MassRafTer posted:

NXT moved not to avoid AEW but so they wouldn't risk losing to ROH (who have as much viewership as buzz.)

https://twitter.com/luchablog/status/1376545677128388613

Typo from whoever transcribed the interview. he meant to say "there are probably 3 to 400, sometimes 500 to 1000 households"

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Bally’s Sports is in more homes than HDNet so just on that factor ROH probably has more viewers.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Gaz-L posted:

kind of

Sinclair owned (up until the fox sports/bally's stuff) individual broadcast stations that were affiliated with the larger broadcast networks and a bunch of digital OTA channels that you would technically get if you were in the area and dont have cable

So it's true that Sinclair is in more markets then HDNet, but it's been a vastly fractured system which is why determining ROH viewership is a PITA.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I have never seen a viewership chart for ROH on Sinclair stations, either local or Bally Sports, so anyone claiming they have (x) amount of viewers needs to show their work.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1376977417869271041?s=20

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hasn't his back been about to explode for like 5 years? Did he get magic back surgery to fix everything? I always liked him, especially the Ashley Remington gimmick.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Imagine Lashley Remington

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

I have never seen a viewership chart for ROH on Sinclair stations, either local or Bally Sports, so anyone claiming they have (x) amount of viewers needs to show their work.

Dave has talked about their viewership before, and while this was a long time again they have expanded since the product was hot so I don't really need them to show their work, it makes sense.

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
ROH also isn't on the same night and time nationwide every week. It's owned content SBG lets its regional channels decide when or whether to show it or not. It used to air in my area on a SBG owned station here but they stopped showing it years ago.

smikey fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Mar 30, 2021

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Finally finished the anniversary show. It went way too long, the empty arena stuff really hurt it (if they could have just hired Austin Gunn to yell for four hours, it would have helped the show out noticeably), and some of the booking was just weird. No Dragon Lee really hurt this show. I'm hopeful the new stable will add some life to the promotion.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Imagine Lashley Remington

The boat would sink due to too many burgers

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

smikey posted:

ROH also isn't on the same night and time nationwide every week. It's owned content SBG lets its regional channels decide when or whether to show it or not. It used to air in my area on a SBG owned station here but they stopped showing it years ago.

Yeah I live in a Sinclair market that just doesn't show ROH at all on the local station, but it does show up on ~Ballys Sports Arizona~

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

MassRafTer posted:

Dave has talked about their viewership before, and while this was a long time again they have expanded since the product was hot so I don't really need them to show their work, it makes sense.

How long ago was this? Because the RSNs now known as Bally Sports have been losing distribution left and right since Sinclair bought them. The four major IPTV services (YouTubeTV, Hulu + Live TV, fubo, and Sling) don't offer those channels.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Edward Mass posted:

How long ago was this? Because the RSNs now known as Bally Sports have been losing distribution left and right since Sinclair bought them. The four major IPTV services (YouTubeTV, Hulu + Live TV, fubo, and Sling) don't offer those channels.

Before Sinclair bought the former FSNs (and a bunch of local stations.)

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Danhausen is such a weird fit on ROH where everyone takes themselves so seriously.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rick posted:

Danhausen is such a weird fit on ROH where everyone takes themselves so seriously.

Honestly that's probably what makes it a good fit, that he's The One Weird Guy and not one of many on the card.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I Before E posted:

Honestly that's probably what makes it a good fit, that he's The One Weird Guy and not one of many on the card.

Maybe The Fiend needs to go find himself for a year or two in ROH

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

so much buzz i had to look for the thread on page 3

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/cmll-ends-working-relationship-with-ring-of-honor/

CMLL has terminated their relationship with ROH

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

JUNGLE BOY posted:

so much buzz i had to look for the thread on page 3

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/04/cmll-ends-working-relationship-with-ring-of-honor/

CMLL has terminated their relationship with ROH

tbf this is probably more CMLL being reactionary dipshits to ROH letting MSG Main Eventer and Arena Mexico Main Eventer Matt Taven work for another Mexico promotion while CMLL exists in pandemic limbo.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
So what, do they partner with TNA? (CMLL)

Poor ROH.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

TNA already partners with AAA so not likely.

this actually probably helps NJPW leverage relationships with American companies.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

tbf this is probably more CMLL being reactionary dipshits to ROH letting MSG Main Eventer and Arena Mexico Main Eventer Matt Taven work for another Mexico promotion while CMLL exists in pandemic limbo.

https://twitter.com/therealfredo/status/1387158289599766529

legend

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
That's a terrible logo for Federacion Wrestling

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

What a Melvin

collocation
Jun 17, 2018

If Taven somehow ends the relationship between ROH and NJPW, it will be the funniest thing in wrestling in quite awhile.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yeah, sure, I'll pay for RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOSH vs. Kenny Omega.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
A ton of tweets in this thread about training drama at RoH. https://twitter.com/thedannycage/status/1387219233449418753?s=21

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

So as far as I can tell, Joey and Will in that thread are Joey Mercury and Will Ferreira, yes?

Either way, loving hell. ROH sounds toxic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

https://twitter.com/TheDannyCage/status/1387248746191331330?s=19