Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!

teagone posted:

Before I embark on reading Last Order, should I give the original 9 volume run another go through? Or should I just jump straight into Last Order? It's been a little bit since I've read the OG books all the way through (of which I now have the deluxe edition copies).

Reread the original series up till volume 9, after the chapter where Alita gets blown up by the doll in the desert after the fight against Nova. LO starts after that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Does it tickle when your Body Thetans flap their wings, eh Beatrice?
There's also that Prime1 statue at $699 or $999 and the 1:1 bust at $2750. :aaa: I mean, there must be a market for this kind of stuff, but I wonder how many people can afford and have room for a 1:1 movie accurate Thanos or Baby Yoda in their living room. Meanwhile, affordable toys go on clearance. Andy Serkis has a Gollum model in his house, and that makes sense, but production runs on these must be rather low, right?

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Vir posted:

There's also that Prime1 statue at $699 or $999 and the 1:1 bust at $2750. :aaa: I mean, there must be a market for this kind of stuff, but I wonder how many people can afford and have room for a 1:1 movie accurate Thanos or Baby Yoda in their living room. Meanwhile, affordable toys go on clearance. Andy Serkis has a Gollum model in his house, and that makes sense, but production runs on these must be rather low, right?

Yeah I always assumed they take pre-orders on them and release them in small batches based on that.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

MonsieurChoc posted:

One day, Gally will be in a Super Robot Wars game. I believe.

Only if it means Sechs could meet up and hang out with the Dai-Gurren gang.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Looks like Cinemark is working on a re-release of Alita:

https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/1311670860290416641

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Vir posted:

Looks like Cinemark is working on a re-release of Alita:

https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/1311670860290416641

"Hey Alita stans, please risk COVID-19 and keep us from going bankrupt by seeing that movie you like!"

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

I'd gladly see it again, last time I saw it in the theatre there were about 4 other people there so I'm sure there will be that many or fewer in my town

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

my guess is that Alita fans really are that diehard

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

I'm cool just watching my blu-ray and digital copies, or streaming it on HBO. No COVID deathbox for me, thanks.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

my guess is that Alita fans really are that diehard

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Android Apocalypse posted:

"Hey Alita stans, please risk COVID-19 and keep us from going bankrupt by seeing that movie you like!"

release it in western australia, we are covid free and have had open cinemas for a few months now. we are bored and can't leave the state, give us more movies to watch.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

GoldStandardConure posted:

release it in western australia, we are covid free and have had open cinemas for a few months now. we are bored and can't leave the state, give us more movies to watch.

Total tangent, but it must feel weird to hear about this epidemic and social distancing and oh god I can't hug grandpa or he'll die and just go nope, don't have that here.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

This is like something out of 2000AD. I do wonder if that was an influence.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

yes. YES

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Grendels Dad posted:

Total tangent, but it must feel weird to hear about this epidemic and social distancing and oh god I can't hug grandpa or he'll die and just go nope, don't have that here.

Not really, I have cystic fibrosis and had double lung transplant a few years back (regular human lungs, not rad as gently caress Alita cyborg lungs) so that mild feeling of terror you get when you hear someone sneeze or cough in public and hope you aren't going to catch what they have and die? That's been my whole life.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Just buy all the tickets yourself, bring cardboard cutouts.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Vir posted:

Just buy all the tickets yourself, bring cardboard cutouts.

lol

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Regal is re-releasing Alita on October 30th, which is the same day as Cinemark:
https://twitter.com/RegalMovies/status/1312203271382069249

nightbae smokewheat
Feb 11, 2011

don't mind if i do haha

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Not having blades in her arms still bothers me

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Looks like the re-release in the Regal chain might be mooted:
Cineworld Chain, Owner Of U.S. Regal, Closing Cinemas In Wake Of ‘No Time To Die’ Postponement

quote:

In response to MGM’s No Time to Die moving out of the Thanksgiving corridor to Easter weekend 2021, plus the overall lack of studio tentpoles, Cineworld is closing down 128 of its UK and Ireland cinemas as well as its U.S. Regal chain as of next week according to reports.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The only thing Regal is showing us the rest of this year is a 7-9 digit number in bold red font with a minus sign next to it

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

The only thing Regal is showing us the rest of this year is a 7-9 digit number in bold red font with a minus sign next to it

wowza

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Dune and Wonder Woman 1984 are slated for release on December 18th and 25th, respectively, so I suppose some of the theaters might re-open for those - even if they have to do it under Chapter 11 protection or something. It looks bad for the Free Guy premiere on December 11th and the Alita re-release though, especially if Cinemark and AMC follow suit.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Cineworld says they haven't yet made a final decision on if they'll be doing a temporary closure of Regal cinemas: https://twitter.com/cineworld/status/1312768702568370179

quote:

We can confirm we are considering the temporary closure of our U.K. and US cinemas, but a final decision has not yet been reached. Once a decision has been made we will update all staff and customers as soon as we can.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Dune is pushed to 2021, and Regal is indeed shutting down for the time being. Not so sure that Free Guy and Wonder Woman 1984 can save cinemas all on their own.

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

This is a bit of a whiplash experience, but it looks like AMC is joining Cinemark in re-releasing Alita at the end of October:

https://www.amctheatres.com/movies/alita-battle-angel-65293

https://cinemark.com/movies/alita-battle-angel-comeback-classics

And AMC is definitely, pinky promise, remaining open.

'Dune' ditches 2020, while AMC commits to staying open

quote:

AMC Entertainment reiterated its commitment to stay open and cited a slew of upcoming new releases that it will be playing, including this weekend’s new films “The War With Grandpa,” with Robert De Niro, and “Yellow Rose.” Roughly 80% of its U.S. locations are currently open.

Vir fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 6, 2020

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I think AMC literally can not afford to close again. Everyone thought they wouldn’t make it out of this year but they had some debts moved around and basically played the “b-b-b-but COVID!” card time their debtors and have one last chance so their options are either to try and find some way to bring people in or to get a relief bill passed and they’re gonna have to get in a very long line for the latter because they’re gonna have to fight airlines and live venues and restaurants among other industries that have been flattened by the pandemic, plus the usual rich people grift that happens in these situations

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

DC Murderverse posted:

I think AMC literally can not afford to close again. Everyone thought they wouldn’t make it out of this year but they had some debts moved around and basically played the “b-b-b-but COVID!” card time their debtors and have one last chance so their options are either to try and find some way to bring people in or to get a relief bill passed and they’re gonna have to get in a very long line for the latter because they’re gonna have to fight airlines and live venues and restaurants among other industries that have been flattened by the pandemic, plus the usual rich people grift that happens in these situations

Isn't like 40% of AMC owned by chinese shareholders?

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hoping for a sequel for sure

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Disney restructuring their tentpole output to be focused on streaming seems like it's good news for an Alita sequel. Disney+ is starved for original content, and Alita has a built-in audience. No brainer, tbh.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

well also now that the mcu is dead and done lmao rest in piss

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

teagone posted:

Disney restructuring their tentpole output to be focused on streaming seems like it's good news for an Alita sequel. Disney+ is starved for original content, and Alita has a built-in audience. No brainer, tbh.

Last Order series, come on come on come on!

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

Could A Star Wars Lightsaber Destroy Alita: Battle Angel's Blade? Unfortunately, Mark Hamill Can't Answer Yet

I wonder if Shatner has seen it yet.

Vir fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 20, 2020

Vir
Dec 14, 2007

They're even re-releasing it in IMAX now: https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/1320455088389922820

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Alita's body getting totally destroyed so she can go get a new one made of, like, harvested quantum destiny particles or whatever happens about once a month in the comics, the answer is obviously "yes, but this doesn't mean the Jedi wins"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Alita's body getting totally destroyed so she can go get a new one made of, like, harvested quantum destiny particles or whatever happens about once a month in the comics, the answer is obviously "yes, but this doesn't mean the Jedi wins"

ALITA (, BATTLE ANGEL)
"Where is Hugo? Is he safe, is he all right?"

NOVA
"I'm afraid he died. In your great anger, you killed him."

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vir posted:

They're even re-releasing it in IMAX now: https://twitter.com/Cinemark/status/1320455088389922820

No more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The karmatrons are in unusual density in the cat tail.