Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

I don't own the game yet so I'm sorry if this is a stupid question: is the mutiplayer world persistent to where any member of the 4 person team can jump on at any time and continue playing the same team game?
I have some friends in very different time zones who I'd like to play this with. We can play together sometimes but it's nice to hop on and progress our team game even at times when those friends can't play.

Edit: and can said friends jump on and progress the team game when I'm not around, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Conskill posted:

lol

Did I miss somewhere where they stated when the PC release was going to go live, or are they blowing smoke up their own asses?

Apparently the PS4 version has hosed up clouds so they're desperately trying to fix it for the steam version

But that's hearsay so whoo knoooows

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy
dumb question: starting up a new game and it seems like they start you off far away from your ship for some reason. does anyone know how i can find it?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Conskill posted:

lol

Did I miss somewhere where they stated when the PC release was going to go live, or are they blowing smoke up their own asses?

They're blowing smoke up their own asses and trying to divine what's going on from reading whatever data they can extract from Steam. No PC release date was given beyond "today".

psychoJ posted:

dumb question: starting up a new game and it seems like they start you off far away from your ship for some reason. does anyone know how i can find it?

Did you start in survival mode? Normal mode games should put you right next to your ship, survival should at least give you a nav point but it may be several miles away.

Unless they've changed this in Next. If it gave you an objective, try doing that and see if locating your ship happens a few steps after.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's going to be an icon at the top of the HUD pointing towards your ship. That sounds like a change because in all the other updates you spawned right next to it.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Just follow the tutorial (the messages on the bottom right of your screen).

edit : Yes, this changed now. You start a few miles further and you have to follow the tutorial to know where it is.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
Yeah the old New Game had you like wake up in the crater that your ship crash landed in. Sounds like in NEXT you've been flung from the cockpit? :v:

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

StrixNebulosa posted:

Apparently the PS4 version has hosed up clouds so they're desperately trying to fix it for the steam version

I buy it, sounds like something that would happen

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Just came in here to check if anyone was able to get the update on PC, glad to see the Steam community is frothing at the mouth for not being able to play yet! :waycool:

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I buy it, sounds like something that would happen

I do not envy Hello Games right now.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

StrixNebulosa posted:

two years later and we're still dealing with cloud drama

what a game

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There's a few crash reports on the NMS Reddit and I experienced one within a few minutes of starting an old save. They might be working to patch something for real.

psychoJ
Feb 24, 2011

Smart and cool, handsome, wealthy and so sexy

haveblue posted:

They're blowing smoke up their own asses and trying to divine what's going on from reading whatever data they can extract from Steam. No PC release date was given beyond "today".

Did you start in survival mode? Normal mode games should put you right next to your ship, survival should at least give you a nav point but it may be several miles away.

Unless they've changed this in Next. If it gave you an objective, try doing that and see if locating your ship happens a few steps after.
yeah it looks like they changed it for NEXT, ya gotta do tutorial stuff for a bit and then it'll show up on your hud. also, like, suuuuuper far away now

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Wooow this is unplayably sluggish, I think I'm getting 15fps max with everything down to as low as it will go.

Runs fine as long as I only look up or down though!

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

Wooow this is unplayably sluggish, I think I'm getting 15fps max with everything down to as low as it will go.

I'd wait for the patch to drop before you refund, it might improve things. Probably not but you never know.

e:vv yep, restarted Steam and it's downloading now

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Can't verify but seeing people posting elsewhere it's gone live on steam. 6.5GB.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Red Warrior posted:

Can't verify but seeing people posting elsewhere it's gone live on steam. 6.5GB.

Update queued. Its live

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Pfew, I hope those commenters can return-to-sender those mail bombs they already sent.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

Runs fine as long as I only look up or down though!

I’m on ps4pro and it seems to be running ok. The only slowdown was when I started terrain mining.
I did experience some weird artifacting in the distance while flying around a planet in third person.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I see nothing wrong with the clouds on PS4 except maybe that they move too fast but they move that fast in all the videos I've seen so it's obviously intentional

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, I almost wish the clouds would slow down and move more realistically because they seem like they'd be a distraction right now.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I'm excited to see how it runs on One X. The trailer was captured in it so here's hoping it's just like that.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
okay planets definitely have way different gravity now. I'm on a moon and jumping around like I'm, well, on the moon.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
What the gently caress, normal difficulty my environment shield is almost dead by the time I get control, and I get hassled by a sential before I can even fix the scanner.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PC crew is there a goon steam group or somewhere I can go check to see if there are any other gonons to play this possible not bad anymore game with?

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

God fishing is so stupid and boring and I agree I want it in every god drat game ever. Why the gently caress is fishing so dope?!

Uo had the best fishing: random junk, treasure chests, fish and sea monsters

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!
I'm glad that the practice of having to restart your starting planet 4 times to not get a toxic hell hole is still prevalent.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

PC crew is there a goon steam group or somewhere I can go check to see if there are any other gonons to play this possible not bad anymore game with?

The Discord server covers all versions. There are rooms for each platform. There is a Discord phone app too.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
I just had five minutes of loading shaders. I fear how shadey this will be.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
I'm surprised at the number of tweaks - I loaded up an existing save and half my upgrades were replaced by "obsolete technology" and all the elements seem to have changed name - not sure if they're used the same as their replacements but for example the little yellow zinc plants are now sodium rich plants. The warp cell recipe is slightly different as well. Everything looks noticably better too. Not drastically, but just everything seems a bit cleaner. Liking the new terrain generation as well, seems much more varied just on the one planet I've landed on so far. While I was landing I saw a massive sinkhole with a lake at the bottom.

Seems pretty good so far.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Conskill posted:

I just had five minutes of loading shaders. I fear how shadey this will be.

Yeah mine is running at 5fps and loading shaders while slowly using more ram.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

I realize there is no official joystick support, but has anyone had success getting this game running on a controller emulator? I'm too hooked to Hotas to go back to Mouse flight.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The game maps to Xbox One and Xbox 360 controllers just fine. Steam has a built in controller emulator as well.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Aaaaand it still runs like absolute poo poo even on like 1440x900

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

OwlFancier posted:

Yeah mine is running at 5fps and loading shaders while slowly using more ram.

Trip report: After loading shaders I woke up on a 120f planet, had some actual not-kidding fun scrambling for materials to save myself from getting cooked to death, and then the game crashed.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Well, my base no longer exists :(

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

OwlFancier posted:

Aaaaand it still runs like absolute poo poo even on like 1440x900

What kind of specs are you on?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Conskill posted:

Trip report: After loading shaders I woke up on a 120f planet, had some actual not-kidding fun scrambling for materials to save myself from getting cooked to death, and then the game crashed.

I woke up on a planet that was killing me with radiation before the framerate was so low that I was getting a headache watching it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Drone posted:

What kind of specs are you on?

660ti, intel i5.

Old certainly but I've never yet run into a game that ran this poorly except for the new doom, and that's a really nice looking game. I'm supposedly well above the minimum requirements so gently caress only knows what they run like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
So, is the PS4 version (no PS Pro) fine to rebuy today or what? I'm hearing about broken clouds or something. :ohdear: