Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
The actual VR implementation in terms of controls and what not is mostly fine, except for the flight controls which need to be fixed.

But man, this still feels like people who never used Steam VR tried to implement VR without paying attention to the other games. There are a lot of things which are clearly a result of them designing for PSVR first.

• UI is completely tied to one direction and there's no option to have it track your head
  • Constant out of bounds issues, and the game freaks the gently caress out if you go out of the really small game boundaries. It's not designed at all for roomscale.
  • Rendering seems to be hosed. The game doesn't seem to use direct mode for some reason, which means issues if your monitor is low refresh rate. I get huge frame drops whenever someone on my friends list plays a different game because the pop up takes focus away from the game
  • No finger tracking if you use the Index controllers

A lot of these problems are fixable but I'm more annoyed that a lot of these problems could've easily been figured out with a few hours of playtesting on PC. I can understand optimization issues and random fucky poo poo because Computers Are Hard but most of my issues don't fall into that category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Mokinokaro posted:

To be fair, most NMS ships really wouldn't have much of an interior besides the cockpit + cargo hold.
having slightly larger ships that support walking around on em would do wonders for both immersion as well as gameplay though, especially if you could just have a few refiners on board that automatically use whatever carbon you have in cargo.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
my hope has been multi-crew ships, or at least ships that have a little bit of interior space to walk around in. something like that would greatly improve the planets that rain battery acid because at least i could set up some refiners or something while i wait without having to hop out.