Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
The other day I found a free base computer on a paradise planet in a grassy green valley with a view of the (red) sea. I started to set up a vacation home, but then today discovered that the valley is now a hillside and all of my stuff is below the terrain. Luckily it wasn't too far below ground so after a shitload of tunneling my beautiful vacation home is now a dank underground warren/lair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Nice

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
It is definitely harder to land than it used to be.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

That guy just tells me to come back later. And none of them give blueprints I guess? Still don't even have a level 1 atlas pass lol

You have to get that blueprint from a manufacturing facility now.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Everyone gets a free freighter as part of the introduction story. :-)

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
My favorite terrain glitch was a manufacturing facility embedded in the site of a tall cliff, sticking out like a diving board. I had to fly up to it and carve a tunnel around the perimeter until I found the door, then hollow out the interior to get to the computer. On the plus side, the sentinels seemed to think that everything was going on at the bottom of the cliff so they left me alone.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is there any way to re-find one of those archive buildings? Or do just have to drop a beacon there if you want to come back?

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Fruits of the sea posted:

What is an atlas pass and where do I get it? I keep on finding barrels that need one.

Use to get it from one of the starter missions, but now you find the blueprint for it in a manufacturing facility.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I find caves either by cruising along at low altitude until I see a hole, or by looking with the scanner for hummming sacs or underground artifacts and mining a hole directly toward it until I break out into the cave.