Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Just getting off the first planet and I hit the pulse jump for a moment then let go - so I'm out of fuel. Game tells me I need Tritium but the asteroids around the planet only have gold and silver. Tried to buy some on the starter planet but no dice - am I boned?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Hey I just did my first warp jump and when I got to the station I was gifted an A Class Multitool Rifle with 18 slots - improved damage and mining. However it has 10 slots of damaged/junk poo poo. Some of the repairs are just chromatic metal but the rest are tech modules, etc. I know repairing simply opens the slot. Is it worth repairing this early or just wait for a cleaner multitool?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Precise movement is super tough on psvr with the move sticks because you use a button to input left or right. I wish you could somehow twist the sticks to shift one way or another instead. You can sit and play it just fine.

Mining and scanning are immersive and not don't have super annoying motions. The rumbles help when grabbing your tools. The UI is interesting but once you get deep into it panels float over panels and then you start to fumble for what button to push - the directions of which are also sometimes covered with UI windows. I think that's the most frustrating part.

I had some bright white textures (looking into a sun from the surface) that popped black.

Flying is tricky and all those takeoff videos you've seen are what will happen to you.

Seems fun but I had to take the headset off after an hour.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

When is a good time to recruit more freighters? And what kind? At the moment I have like 4 million space bucks, an A class lil fighty ship and an A class multitool.

I sent my default one out on its second trip and it got lit up so I was going to buy it a friend. Or maybe its not even worth it.

All I know is the game will get infinity easier once I can construct a merchant terminal in the freighter so I can sell things instead of ferrying them back and forth.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Great thank you goons

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Ali Aces posted:

Is there a way to buy items in bulk other than pressing right 50 times? The main reason I don't do something like this is because the shopping interface is just awful.

Set it to 25 and then hit x, wait for the purchase, then hit x again as its still set at 25. Etc etc

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

They just need to add some weird kung fu and this turns into a worthy Star Wars Galaxies replacement

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Cobalt crashing is still working fine.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Inacio posted:

how much do you need more or less
ive had no luck

I started with a half a stack and 2 million space bucks.

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

Can I join a multiplayer game and get dragged to a location without having a full rune set?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

ROFLBOT posted:

They need to dial back the asteroid fields a bit, they’re a bit overplayed atm

Would be cool if there were some planets that were just gas giants, or planets with insane gravity or atmospheric pressure (or next to none)

I'm pretty sure I've been on a moon with very low gravity

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The game runs much smoother on ps after the update and fixed a lot of construction glitches at one of my lovely bases. Load times are much faster too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

The atmospheric updates to space are really slick.